Indian Flag — Some Alternative Proposals

t 90s

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Very similar to the og Chinese flag.
Kachwaha Rajput ruler Raja Man Singh in 1585 defeated five major Afghan tribes, the flag of Amber was changed to include the 5 colours of the 5 tribes. The simple green creeper on a white background gave way to five bands of colours – red, yellow, white, green and blue. The new flag was called the ‘Pachranga’, the flag with 5 colours.

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
The og Chinese flag also had very similar design philosophy.

//Five Races Under One Union was one of the major principles upon which the Republic of China was founded in 1911 at the time of the Xinhai Revolution.[1][2][3][4] Its central tenet was the harmonious existence under one nation of what were considered the five major ethnic groups in China: the Han, the Manchus, the Mongols, the Hui, and the Tibetans.//

nWo 4 Life

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
that i , indians know , how would educate those western morons
Who cares? Let them wallow in their pitiful ignorance. Bastards have appropriated everything, be it the Swastika or the Capirote or several other things they stole from other cultures. We have no obligation to abandon our traditions and symbols to cater to their fragile egos.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
I don't see suggestion of alternative flag defined as an offense in current sedition law. It has been ongoing for decades.
It is. Depends upon the govt interpreting it. Yogi is invoking sedition for even criticising the post of CM. If the govt has requested for proposals it's all fine. But when it's not, if you try doing it on social media, sedition law can be invoked, per se depending upon your political affiliation.

This thread honestly is not required. What is the need for a new flag in your opinion? Heck even Aimim/ Muslim groups would want fully green on Indian flag. We don't allow it in the name of discussion.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
It is. Depends upon the govt interpreting it. Yogi is invoking sedition for even criticising the post of CM. If the govt has requested for proposals it's all fine. But when it's not, if you try doing it on social media, sedition law can be invoked, per se depending upon your political affiliation.
Government can't interpret any law. They just quote existing provisions against the subject. If provisions aren't met correctly, you can't put anyone under sedition. Nothing in sedition law strictly includes just exclusively seditioning someone morally and strictly anti-government. Working against national security or hurting the glory of administrative offices (is quite different from plain criticism of government) with certain words is covered. There is a good distance between calling my PM a b@$t@rd vs genuinely criticising him.

During the era of UPA-II, the sedition threat was used by likes of Kapil Sibbal against those who spoke of economic failure, corruption or inflation. These days, left lobbies are even trying to normalise actual sedition. Indian flags are burnt, naxal attacks is are celebrated, separatist choirs are sung and if anyone gets arrested, it's funnily covered as criticism of government.

When I say that government or prime minister has failed the nation in this or that, I'm being a critique of government no law can touch.

But in case, if I spread misinformation against Indian laws like I did in CAA, induce people to raise voice against Indian state, disrespect India's national flag and other symbols, advocate secession of Indian states from Indian Union, destroy public property.

Just coming and asking government to change flag or national anthem or military uniform isn't a sediitive thing and is a quite normal trend.
This thread honestly is not required. What is the need for a new flag in your opinion? Heck even Aimim/ Muslim groups would want fully green on Indian flag. We don't allow it in the name of discussion.
What in the name of discussion? We are not mocking current flag. We are not allowing any kind of incivility or abusive language or sediitive posting or violence inducing. It's fine, non-provoking, entertaining and there is no harm in discussing anything wanted by any kind of people.

You clearly don't understand that symbols are adopted by nations as their representatives. Nations don't worship their symbols. Revisionism is different from anti-nationalism.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Government can't interpret any law. They just quote existing provisions against the subject. If provisions aren't met correctly, you can't put anyone under sedition. Nothing in sedition law strictly includes just exclusively seditioning someone morally and strictly anti-government. Working against national security or hurting the glory of administrative offices (is quite different from plain criticism of government) with certain words is covered. There is a good distance between calling my PM a b@$t@rd vs genuinely criticising him.

During the era of UPA-II, the sedition threat was used by likes of Kapil Sibbal against those who spoke of economic failure, corruption or inflation. These days, left lobbies are even trying to normalise actual sedition. Indian flags are burnt, naxal attacks is are celebrated, separatist choirs are sung and if anyone gets arrested, it's funnily covered as criticism of government.

When I say that government or prime minister has failed the nation in this or that, I'm being a critique of government no law can touch.

But in case, if I spread misinformation against Indian laws like I did in CAA, induce people to raise voice against Indian state, disrespect India's national flag and other symbols, advocate secession of Indian states from Indian Union, destroy public property.

Just coming and asking government to change flag or national anthem or military uniform isn't a sediitive thing and is a quite normal trend.

What in the name of discussion? We are not mocking current flag. We are not allowing any kind of incivility or abusive language or sediitive posting or violence inducing. It's fine, non-provoking, entertaining and there is no harm in discussing anything wanted by any kind of people.

You clearly don't understand that symbols are adopted by nations as their representatives. Nations don't worship their symbols. Revisionism is different from anti-nationalism.
The govt can interpret any law when there is nothing clear provided in the constitution. The power to dismiss state govt under art 356 was a damn interpretation until Bommai case judgements. Even now the current sedition law is such. Sedition law was is a damn interpretation. One journalist got slapped with a law for reporting body is still getting thrown in the Ganges in UP after Yogi said no such activities are taking place and the law is invoked after the journo got bad name to UP. The truth is, 99.9% of this law is thrown out in court. Even who celebrate Pakistan victory in India for some cricket matches, sedition cases are thrown out. It's an interpretation.

So when shares these ideas online where one face/Id is available, I made sure the proper distinction, depending upon the party in power, sedition law can be invoked for such discussion too. It's just a tool for harrassment. If you are a Congress worker and had shared this, this law will be slapped across. Pls don't try to find it

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles