Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Why the ONDC will rule the Food delivery segments, leave the Zomato, Swiggy. The Discounts are temporary from the respective restaurants, but the overall ONDC has delivery fees and commissions advantages which makes it cost lower to ordered compared to the other food delivery firms.

FvRgauEXgAEA7Zv.jpeg
FvRiVc2WAAAHgCC.jpeg
FvRiWeKX0AIJMet.jpeg
FvRi-HVWcAIpxvf.jpeg

Last edited:

Cheepek

radion

Country flag
Genuinely feels like a revolution
Although in the end the consumer will be benefited. I dont see the need of ondc to deliver food. I can understand delivering other items to take on amazon and flipkart but trying to challenge zomato and swiggy? They already are loss making entities that pay peanuts to their drivers. Trying to undercut that? + the fact that if it becomes a loss making entity, the taxpayers will have to support it.

Take the price comparisions with a hand full of salt, they fluctuate based on demand and delivery distance. Mc chicken at my place is 213 from swiggy(without its membership).

The good side benefit is new logistic companies propping up and reducing the price it will take to export goods from ports.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The IOCL has invoked a 500 crore rupees bank guarantee from the GoFirst. And the, outstanding due is only of the 50 crore rupees. After the airline resumes operations, IOCL will be selling the fuel on cash and carry model basis only.

Haldilal

Country flag
Although in the end the consumer will be benefited. I dont see the need of ondc to deliver food. I can understand delivering other items to take on amazon and flipkart but trying to challenge zomato and swiggy? They already are loss making entities that pay peanuts to their drivers. Trying to undercut that? + the fact that if it becomes a loss making entity, the taxpayers will have to support it.

Take the price comparisions with a hand full of salt, they fluctuate based on demand and delivery distance. Mc chicken at my place is 213 from swiggy(without its membership).

The good side benefit is new logistic companies propping up and reducing the price it will take to export goods from ports.
Ya'll Nibbiars The ONDC is Not for Profit Organization owned by the various Financial Institutions. Not a government owned Enterprise. And read my posts again, the discounts are from the Restaurants not from the ONDC.

The ONDC is a Hyper Local Search engine for goods and services, an open platform which is a mediator between the sellers and the buyers not a seller or buyer. It dosen't offers any discounts.

how can you use ondc to buy anything?
In which ONDC site McDonald burger is avaliable ?
Ya'll Nibbiars In it's current Form it's a Virtual goods and services provider piggybacking on other apps just like a Virtual Mobile Network Operator's on other operators. If will allow all the e commerce firms to have a equal playing fields against the e commerce giants like the Flipkart and others.

Last edited:

SKC

Country flag
there is atleast in nsit and dtu ece Texas Instruments, samsung and qualcomm comes there sometimes nvidia too @FalconSlayers can confirm
These companies usually organize an Open recruitment where they give a set of questions/tasks which can be completed by the students over course of 3-4 days and mail back them with answers.
Students from multiple colleges can take part in them.

SKC

Country flag
I recently bought a 9V battery from Eveready, and surprise, it was made in China. It was made there and imported to their Kolkata office. Same goes for most things in my household, but most of the "Made in China" things are surprisingly smaller items which can be easily made here. The bigger items like TV's, phones, fans, refrigerators,etc are all made in India. I'm not sure how much there smaller items like toys and general electronics account for the trade deficit, but it certainly is an easy leak for the government to fix.

But the government is too far sighted and only goes for bigger things like semiconductors and display fabrications. I'm not saying we shouldn't go for those, but we have to cover everything, large and small. Baning those fly-by night kit assemblers of EV scooters and these small electronics importers is the only way to stop them, nobody is going to build them here when importing is cheaper, no matter the incentives.
From pure manufacturing point of view smaller Items are more of headache than larger Items.

Smaller products have much less margin and needs to be produced on huge scale. Companies can not forcast the requirement in market in advance so they have no idea how much in quanity they should make the smaller parts.

Hence most of smaller stuff is preferred to be imported as whole.

SKC

Country flag
I don't think godrej has large market shares in AC in India
LG and voltas is way ahead I our market
And they just do assembly
Even in case of refrigerator companies just assemble
Infact one of the reason of our increased inmports from China is the increasing number of assembly plant which is anyway somewhat good
Something is better than nothing
What is this Assembling-assembling song you are singing here on all threads?

What does Screwdriver-giri and assembling here means?

Can you give me a list of components which these companies are importing from outside?

Can you show me that they are importing all 100% components from outside and just assembling them here??

Come here and I will show you the plant in Noida-Greater Noida where they are making AC, Fridges, Water Heaters.

You are making assumptions on "I think... and I don't think...."

Last edited:

Cheepek

~$150M loss to Adani, US mcbc

jai jaganath

Country flag
What is this Assembling-assembling song you are singing here on all threads?

What does Screwdriver-giri and assembling here means?

Can you give me a list of components which these companies are importing from outside?

Can you show me that they are importing all 100% components from outside and just assembling them here??

Come here and I will show you the plant in Noida-Greater Noida where they are making AC, Fridges, Water Heaters.

You are making assumptions on "I think... and I don't think...."
Let's speak about AC first
Pls do a Google search and find out the market share of godrej in our AC market
Coming to components first
Evaporator - Receives the liquid refrigerant
Condenser - Facilitates heat transfer
Expansion valve - regulates refrigerant flow into the evaporator
Compressor - A pump that pressurizes refrigerant
Another important thing is copper tube
From article
Out of total 75 per cent components (by value) being imported, assembling is completely done in India. Also, critical components like compressors, condensers, blower motors and PCB circuits which account for 55 to 60 per cent of total cost of a residential AC are largely imported.
Pls go though grids they have given regarding PLI application and allotment in 2.0
Maturation period is 2023 but let's how much gets daylight
From article
For a long time, India’s air-conditioning sector remained highly reliant on external imports for both critical components and for fully-assembled air conditioners. These fully-assembled air conditioners were imported and directly sold to customers, implying no value-addition in India. However, with the right policy changes, the Indian air-conditioning sector is moving towards self-sufficiency in the sector.
Don't know how much true and old might be recent
This is wwhat industry person says

Indian companies depend on China for 10% to 20% of AC components like compressors and controllers. Energy-efficient AC sales would mostly be affected because other products largely use locally made components, Braganza said.
Will post further if I get source
many things are I article do read completely before posting as I have not properly copy pasted all valuable points

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles