Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raktim Bharali

Wow..it makes me excited to see things done by our heros being highlighted in international media. Long live para sf...long live indian army

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
@Bornubus is that a jungle camo plate carrier? And those magazine pouches look new too. Are those standard issue or sanctioned by local commanders.

Yes these are latest arrival in few RR units.

Can say if the same pattern being standardized for every unit. But this is not purchased from troops own pocket like some of the fancy gear we see occasionally with troops.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Yes these are latest arrival in few RR units.

Can say if the same pattern being standardized for every unit. But this is not purchased from troops own pocket like some of the fancy gear we see occasionally with troops.
That's great to hear. Basic body armour was missing for a long time. After all we don't need fancy gear but only basic protection.

What about SF? I noticed something about SF and SFF. Even with some of the best gear available at their disposal, still those guys mostly don't use body armour. All they carry is tactical vest for ammo and etc. Why is that?

republic_roi97

Country flag
@Bornubus is that rifle MPI-KMS of East German origin ?? If so, why aren't these guys using the newer Ghatak variant or the ones that are in completely in black furniture like this one:-

or the OFB made AK.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
@Bornubus is that rifle MPI-KMS of East German origin ?? If so, why aren't these guys using the newer Ghatak variant or the ones that are in completely in black furniture like this one:-

or the OFB made AK.
I think that's a Bulgarian made AK in the previous pic of the RR QRT

The 'Indi'genization is down to the core.

Bornubus

What about SF? I noticed something about SF and SFF. Even with some of the best gear available at their disposal, still those guys mostly don't use body armour. All they carry is tactical vest for ammo and etc. Why is that?
If you search the SF thread there must be pics with proper Armor and even Fast/ Ballistic helmet.

But with my limited knowledge about SF operation, their gear is mostly depends upon the situation which dictates your gear and choice of weapon not the other way around. In our elite CIJWS the first code is - to fight a
guerrilla you have to become a guerrilla.

During IPKF 10 Para SF operative wear Lakahani Hawai Chaapal in the forest of Kokkuvil, what the fuck ! But this was the practical thing to do.

Madras Regt troops wear South Indian Lungis while the patrol the countryside.

The reason most probably is that sometimes it's not practical to wear all the fancy gear. Real tactical situation is different from what civilians think about SF.

People might make fun of the long Bandana like Headgear Indian troops wear on their head instead of proper Helmet but i think this serves many purposes.

It saves you from scorching heat in summer, you can soak it water and put it on your head. Also applies as a pressure on wounds.

Here Kyrgyz Paratroopers are training with 10 Para and our troops are with their iconic Headgear which IMO is better than a simple cap.

khanjar1.jpg

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
If you search the SF thread there must be pics with proper Armor and even Fast/ Ballistic helmet.

But with my limited knowledge about SF operation, their gear is mostly depends upon the situation which dictates your gear and choice of weapon not the other way around. In our elite CIJWS the first code is - to fight a
guerrilla you have to become a guerrilla.

During IPKF 10 Para SF operative wear Lakahani Hawai Chaapal in the forest of Kokkuvil, what the fuck ! But this was the practical thing to do.

Madras Regt troops wear South Indian Lungis while the patrol the countryside.

The reason most probably is that sometimes it's not practical to wear all the fancy gear. Real tactical situation is different from what civilians think about SF.

People might make fun of the long Bandana like Headgear Indian troops wear on their head instead of proper Helmet but i think this serves many purposes.

It saves you from scorching heat in summer, you can soak it water and put it on your head. Also applies as a pressure on wounds.

Here Kyrgyz Paratroopers are training with 10 Para and our troops are with their iconic Headgear which IMO is better than a simple cap.

View attachment 11636
Thank you. Now I've understood the concept. You only carry what is needed but not everything that's available.

Bornubus

I think that's a Bulgarian made AK in the previous pic of the RR QRT

or the OFB made AK.
Well seeing its butt, it looks like a MPI-KMS-72 like this one :-

Bulgarian AK.

In the beginning Army have Russian first arrive during IPKF and later variants are Romanian with side folding metal stock.

I don't know anything about MPI kMS 72 or it's use in the forces.

This is Russian variant

KLASH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles