Indian Army: News and Discussion

rkhanna

Country flag

Bharat Shakti 2024

I have so many questions on this picture

1) Are those Ballistic Face Masks (Second Soldier from the right)
2) Why are those with Helmets without NODs and the NODs on those without Helmets?
3) Is this a SOF unit or Infantry unit - which unit?
4) Is this an AI Generated Image?

airborneCommando

Country flag
I have so many questions on this picture

1) Are those Ballistic Face Masks (Second Soldier from the right)
2) Why are those with Helmets without NODs and the NODs on those without Helmets?
3) Is this a SOF unit or Infantry unit - which unit?
4) Is this an AI Generated Image?
Most probably ghatak inf unit. They don't have the appropriate mounts for these NODs to be mounted onto the helmet. A large amt of ghatak and even some SF Battalions/NSG faced this issue earlier however they've bought the necessary mounts now.

rkhanna

Country flag
Most probably ghatak inf unit. They don't have the appropriate mounts for these NODs to be mounted onto the helmet. A large amt of ghatak and even some SF Battalions/NSG faced this issue earlier however they've bought the necessary mounts now.
Then why not give the Helmets to the guys with NODs? or it will look even more odd in a PR photo?

Face masks - any idea what those are? Unless its NBC masks running Balaccava's or masks in the desert doesnt seem like the smartest Idea - those Sunglasses would be fogging up.

airborneCommando

Country flag
Then why not give the Helmets to the guys with NODs? or it will look even more odd in a PR photo?

Face masks - any idea what those are? Unless its NBC masks running Balaccava's or masks in the desert doesnt seem like the smartest Idea - those Sunglasses would be fogging up.
I'm not sure about the facemask thing, it looks kindof plasticky? Anyways, speaking about the helmet thing... consider it to be hardware incompatibility, the nods they have can't be mounted directly to the helmet, they need to get a Rhino or maybe dovetail type of mount to slap it onto the helmet.

rkhanna

Country flag
I'm not sure about the facemask thing, it looks kindof plasticky? Anyways, speaking about the helmet thing... consider it to be hardware incompatibility, the nods they have can't be mounted directly to the helmet, they need to get a Rhino or maybe dovetail type of mount to slap it onto the helmet.
Fair makes sense

vampyrbladez

Country flag
This looks like a joint Indian Army Amphibious Brigade - USMC exercise.

USN Germantown

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
I'm bewildered how our men aim if the iron sights are not even open, let alone having a red dot. Isn't that something super basic 101 weapons handling that should be taught in training before they're given a mag to shoot!!

Most folks on this forum rant about gear but it's the training that needs to be prioritized.
A trained professional with vanilla AK >>>>> a noob with subpar training and SOPMOD setup

1711466786234.png

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Yeah .. just like the other soldier who is yet to earn his magazine.
He's got a 716 which I assume is offered by us meaning it's our responsibility to give the rifle with a mag. At least he's got the sights open and stance right even if it's just a photo-op

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles