Indian Army Aviation Wing

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
What is wrong with Indian made Dhruva or Rudra? Or Foreign maals are better than Desi maal? :facepalm:
:facepalm: dhruv is not attack chopper and rudra is multirole chopper and not a dedicated attack helicopter. LCH is still in prototype phase and it will be used for higher altitude. And LCH, rudra both are light weight and apache is heavy weight

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
@Pulkit , airforce is happy cause it was job of IAF to conver army using helicopter and give them support by aerial attacks and for anti tank warfare and now this job is handed to aviation corps of army
reference:- the article I posted in 1 post

Last edited by a moderator:

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
By that we can assume that ....
But as fas as the air power is concerned IAF always wanted it to be in there hands ....

In addition to it training of the Army pilots and they achieving full capability is a difficult job and given that task will be in hands of IAF i believe they will not be very happy and surely reluctant.....

Its just a point of view nothing more than that...

@Pulkit , airforce is happy cause it was job of IAF to conver army using helicopter and give them support by aerial attacks and for anti tank warfare and now this job is handed to aviation corps of army
reference:- the article I posted in 1 post

Pulkit

Country flag
Just to add to it.....
I dont deny Apache is a completely different machine than our LCH or Rudra and we do need them by yes the day when the time will come to choose a Light heli will come our defense forces will surely run to find a fault in them and thus leading to a foreign toy....

Sad irritated angry on the news of FOC delay....

What is wrong with Indian made Dhruva or Rudra? Or Foreign maals are better than Desi maal?
@ITBP ↑

:facepalm: dhruv is not attack chopper and rudra is multirole chopper and not a dedicated attack helicopter. LCH is still in prototype phase and it will be used for higher altitude. And LCH, rudra both are light weight and apache is heavy weight

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
@Pulkit those who will pass IAF exams will get place in army aviation corps.
it wasn't an air power but air support and there can be different plans by IAF CHIEF and army CHIEF and the IAF pilots controlling chopper will listen to IAF chief and army will move by orders of army chief. Hence the dilemma .
but now army aviation corps and army both will be under supervision of army chief

Pulkit

Country flag
Agreed as there confusion due to it at the time of kargil aswell....
but our defense forces have always been like that competing with each other instead of complimenting each other...

with more power going n the hands of army chief Airforce chief will be not happy....
Though its better for the nation as ground troops will get assistance and air support when they desire without any sort of delay....

@Pulkit those who will pass IAF exams will get place in army aviation corps.
it wasn't an air power but air support and there can be different plans by IAF CHIEF and army CHIEF and the IAF pilots controlling chopper will listen to IAF chief and army will move by orders of army chief. Hence the dilemma .
but now army aviation corps and army both will be under supervision of army chief

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Attack Helicopters are used in support of ground action.

Therefore, there was a disconnect when it was under the IAF.

Since the Army is responsible for the ground action, having the AH will allow a synergy in application since it will be under one command i.e. the Army. It will also make the combat airspace management easier.

ATTACK HELICOPTER OPERATIONS
FM 1-112

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/docs/1-112.pdf

Last edited:

Pulkit

Country flag
Ray sir the question here is was this a issue between IA and IAF? as some say that IAF was not hapy with this? Is it true?wat was it all about?

Attack Helicopters are used in support of ground action.

Therefore, there was a disconnect when it was under the IAF.

Since the Army is responsible for the ground action, having the AH will allow a synergy in application since it will be under one command i.e. the Army. It will also make the combat airspace management easier.

ATTACK HELICOPTER OPERATIONS
FM 1-112

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/docs/1-112.pdf

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
Ray sir the question here is was this a issue between IA and IAF? as some say that IAF was not hapy with this? Is it true?wat was it all about?
how much time should I tell you that IAF was satisfied .
navy too have their aviation corps and IAF doesn't say anything about it.

DivineHeretic

Country flag
Am not entirely sure on how to read the expected numbers for the AH-64D. But considering that the follow up deal is estimated to cost $2.5 billion, am expecting that these 39 extra Apache's would be over and above the 22.

I had some time back commented that at the very minimum the IA should want 68 Apaches, and not 11+22 as was being reported then. I was a bit off, but with the current numbers standing at 61, is fairly close to my estimate.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...ants-11-ah-64e-apache-army-aviation-corp.html.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
Am not entirely sure on how to read the expected numbers for the AH-64D. But considering that the follow up deal is estimated to cost $2.5 billion, am expecting that these 39 extra Apache's would be over and above the 22.

I had some time back commented that at the very minimum the IA should want 68 Apaches, and not 11+22 as was being reported then. I was a bit off, but with the current numbers standing at 61, is fairly close to my estimate.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...ants-11-ah-64e-apache-army-aviation-corp.html.
22 for IAF and 39 for IA so total 61.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles