Indian Army Aviation Wing

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
hey kunal is it true that instead of HELINA rudra will have modified CLGM

even heard that it will replace NAG on NAMICA too.What do u say,Prasun K Sengupta said that(trishul trident)

CLGM is designed to fire from ground only and from Tank gun..

CLGM is a Laser guided but NAG have multiple guidance system, In that sense NAG is more flexible..

why does army require Rudra when it has LCH
Rudra will be deployed until LCH inducted into great numbers..

kshkumsin

CLGM is designed to fire from ground only and from Tank gun..

CLGM is a Laser guided but NAG have multiple guidance system, In that sense NAG is more flexible..

Rudra will be deployed until LCH inducted into great numbers..
that means prasun is not to be believed

cloud_9

Country flag
A bit Offtopic but guys have you noticed that most Cantonments on the border region with Pakistan have a airstrip like Bathinda,Patiala,Amritsar,.There's lot of construction going on at Bathinda Cantonment so I logged on to GE...voila they had a airstrip.Last time I was there in 2008 they had nothing of that sort :thumb:

Are these airstrips for Army or Airforce :confused:

SilentKiller

Country flag
Sukhoi-25 is the best for CAS among turbojets, but turboprops (many to choose from), as discussed by @Kunal Biswas, have some big advantages over Sukhoi-25.
But as per reports we got, it didn't performed as expected in Georgian conflict.
A lot of them were lost to ground fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
IMHO the solution is A-10C. Being a turbofan, midway between a turboprop and a turbojet, its best of both worlds.

More like Indian Army not Indian Air-force, IA should have some asset which can fly at altitude beyond Man-pads range and can recon so does drop PGM..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
They decided to give to turkey and Australia but they planned to scrap instead..

SilentKiller

Country flag
With the end of Afghan war, US is scrapping about 100 of them... wont they like to get some money for them instead?
I don't think we should buy crap!!...when us is looking to replace A10 with F-35, why r we looking to buy them?
we should not but them,,,

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Because the one made such decision is thinking Crap..

An CAS fighter should not only able to drop PGMs, But when needed came down and kill its prey at low altitude in presence of AAA..

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Not at all crap... US planned to retire A-10 with F-35... but later realized it is not possible. So they did a multi-million $ upgrade and made it into A-10C with PE Upgrade.

Now they wont be replaced till 2040. USAF quoted that trying to replace A-10C with F-35 is a giant leap backwards in CAS capability. That is why around 242 units are still retained in service.

USAF is only retiring about 100 of them as they would no longer be needed in that many numbers after the Afghan War. Still, The A-10 will receive a service life extension program (SLEP) upgrade with many receiving new wings.

I don't think we should buy crap!!...when us is looking to replace A10 with F-35, why r we looking to buy them?
we should not but them,,,

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Ooh too bad...

I guess ADA wont be developing something like this as well as they are tied up with LCA Mk II and AMCA...

They decided to give to turkey and Australia but they planned to scrap instead..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Actually we already have what we need, If one wish to have a Jet at cheap capable of flying hi-altitude and able to carry recon pod or laser Pod and can drop 250-500lb laser guided bomb is AJT or IJT already in service..

Ooh too bad...I guess ADA wont be developing something like this as well as they are tied up with LCA Mk II and AMCA...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles