Indian Army Armored Vehicles

wuzetian

Are u sure about russian intervention to the EX-Tank.
I thought army didn't wanted to place any more orders for Arjun tanks.
I think Russian tank industry survives on Indian orders and they won't allow anything that stands in its way

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
For Arjun MK1/2, They do fording without any engg assistance and can be prepare within 5 mins, The snorkel is inbuilt in Arjun series tanks at rear where engine exhaust is, For T-90 it takes 20-30mins for shallow or deep fording ..

Arjun MBT has a bigger track-print, hence, its Nominal Ground Pressure is only 0.84 kg/cm2 which compares well with other MBTs of the world . Further, with a combination of low NGP and high power / weight ratio, it has commendable going ability. The proof being Arjun MBT crossing the Ravi at Lassian, without any engineer support, whatsoever and it has crossed numerous patches of marshy terrain which are markednon-tankable in going maps of the Gurdaspur-Pathankot sector

Read more: Arjun MBT weight implications | Frontier India
Frontier India - news, Analysis, Opinion
Follow us: @frontierindia on Twitter | frontierindia on Facebook

can Arjun MBT go under water like T-72/90, i heard T-90 can go 5M deep..
============

Its design in way keeping so that water won`t come inside tank, Amos will be a gud supplement to Arty given it has its purpose and spares to run them ..

@Kunal Biswas Bhai can patria amos 120mm mortar with self loading can be used in offensive aganist pakistan?

Will water get inside of tank and engine?

El_mag

Country flag
1st image clearly debunks a post on the net that there's an area of weakness behind the gunners sight. It's a well demarcated area with a good thickness of armour behind it.

==================

Back in days when Karna was alive and under trails ..
[QUOTE="Kunal Biswas, post: 1259194, member: 4163"

==================

Back in days when Karna was alive and under trails ..[/QUOTE]

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The Armour is their, but not Armour cavity to place large size composite pack, designers and Army are not made of fools, They have much higher qualifications than those bidding their bets on net ..

1st image clearly debunks a post on the net that there's an area of weakness behind the gunners sight. It's a well demarcated area with a good thickness of armour behind it.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
For Arjun MK1/2, They do fording without any engg assistance and can be prepare within 5 mins, The snorkel is inbuilt in Arjun series tanks at rear where engine exhaust is, For T-90 it takes 20-30mins for shallow or deep fording ..

Arjun MBT has a bigger track-print, hence, its Nominal Ground Pressure is only 0.84 kg/cm2 which compares well with other MBTs of the world . Further, with a combination of low NGP and high power / weight ratio, it has commendable going ability. The proof being Arjun MBT crossing the Ravi at Lassian, without any engineer support, whatsoever and it has crossed numerous patches of marshy terrain which are markednon-tankable in going maps of the Gurdaspur-Pathankot sector

Read more: Arjun MBT weight implications | Frontier India
Frontier India - news, Analysis, Opinion
Follow us: @frontierindia on Twitter | frontierindia on Facebook

============

Its design in way keeping so that water won`t come inside tank, Amos will be a gud supplement to Arty given it has its purpose and spares to run them ..
How many Arjun MBT are in service?
Like one in above pic.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
How many Arjun MBT are in service?
Like one in above pic.

The First batch of 124 has been delivered and is in service, the second batch of 124 is in deliveries dunno how many have actually been handed over.
There is also approval for a batch of 118 Mk2's.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
The First batch of 124 has been delivered and is in service, the second batch of 124 is in deliveries dunno how many have actually been handed over.
So T90 orders are just keep kremlin happy?
I heard arjuns are more potent than t90..

wuzetian

So T90 orders are just keep kremlin happy?
I heard arjuns are more potent than t90..

Yeah , Kremlin is helping us secretly in many other secret projects for which the payment comes indirectly in the form of more tank purchases. For example the Kudankulam project also pays for Russian help in designing the nuclear submarine.

singh100ful

Country flag
Only 124 mk1 tanks are in service, thre is no other batch and 118 mk2 are on order

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles