India US Relations

sameer3694

Mate I feel like using big Yawning Icon. These are same old tricks which these neo colonists have been using for decades. I am glad they are still using the same old tactics. What was unknown and shock to know earlier - thanks to their tool SM - wide general populace is getting aware of same. The more these tricks get known - the more ineffective they become.
You know what's the really sad part. It's the Indians themselves that write these articles. I don't think there's any other country where liberals hate their own nation so much to the point that they'll write these articles.

Always ready to shit on their country for some money. Will a Paki or Afghan ever write about bachabaazi? Probably not.

binayak95

Country flag
I've stopped expecting common sense from the Americans particularly Democrats.

Also, they won't attack India but will target Modi/BJP as being the issue. Raga is going to the USA on the 31st of this month. I fully expect a trial by fire for Modi on his US visit.
Kuch nahi hone waala. Modi will speak to the US Congress and get multiple standing ovations. Mark my words.

binayak95

Country flag
You know what's the really sad part. It's the Indians themselves that write these articles. I don't think there's any other country where liberals hate their own nation so much to the point that they'll write these articles.

Always ready to shit on their country for some money. Will a Paki or Afghan ever write about bachabaazi? Probably not.
Have you met american woke? they are actively decimating their own country.

singhboy98

Country flag
Exception rather than the rule.

When the entire MEA becomes like him, I'd be happy.
Arre bhaiya, individuals take decades to change their attitude. Here you are talking about an institution guided by decades of convention and legacy manned by people who have been moulded into a particular form by design. The Minister interacts mostly with officers of the ranks Secretary/Additional Secretary. At the very maximum, a senior Joint Secretary. Now all these officials have atleast 20 years of experience. They were trained (and subsequently honed their craft) in a very different political climate compared to what you and I are living in right now. (You ought to interact more with the upper tiers of bureaucracy. You will come away with stories for a lifetime 😁.)

On a serious note though, you ought to temper your expectations. The entire MEA will NEVER become like Jaishankar nor it should. There should always be alternate viewpoints available to the minister. If you have able technocrats serving as the political executive (like Dr. Jaishankar), you will not have to worry about alternative/contrarian viewpoints affecting the optimum outcome. The Minister will take everything into consideration before taking the call.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Arre bhaiya, individuals take decades to change their attitude. Here you are talking about an institution guided by decades of convention and legacy manned by people who have been moulded into a particular form by design. The Minister interacts mostly with officers of the ranks Secretary/Additional Secretary. At the very maximum, a senior Joint Secretary. Now all these officials have atleast 20 years of experience. They were trained (and subsequently honed their craft) in a very different political climate compared to what you and I are living in right now. (You ought to interact more with the upper tiers of bureaucracy. You will come away with stories for a lifetime 😁.)

On a serious note though, you ought to temper your expectations. The entire MEA will NEVER become like Jaishankar nor it should. There should always be alternate viewpoints available to the minister. If you have able technocrats serving as the political executive (like Dr. Jaishankar), you will not have to worry about alternative/contrarian viewpoints affecting the optimum outcome. The Minister will take everything into consideration before taking the call.
apparently it's called nirvana fallacy, it's a standard feature in his opinions.
1684242360347.png

Cheran

Country flag
Our neighborhood sucks.

One side we have theocratic Islamist country that fosters terrorism/war & has territorial ambitions against us. Other side we have a ethno-nationalist Han maoist dictatorship that too has territorial ambitions & fosters terrorism/war on us. Both of these, at one time or other, have been propped by US. China games that they could have a Chinese century without taking India on it's side. And there goes the alleged "Pan Asian Solidarity".

Adding to this, we are a democracy with free flow of information & several internal fault-lines.

It is only natural that all & sundry will try to exploit our situation.

Whatever US SD rep or committee said has nothing to do with morality as in we are holier-than-thou. Their ills/sins etc are known world over. Given the geo-techno-political gap, at present, we can just say that their report is inflated or blown out of proportion, nothing we can *do* about it, maybe have another report exposing them but that will serve nothing.

They want a vassal.

This will go on & on. (reports/special rapporteurs etc)

skunk works

Country flag
Zero chance if that happening.

1. In these meetings you have Professional diplomats. The milk-teeth ones like the fat gujarati and the delusional Punjabi before him, are junior diplomats who are not allowed to touch any of the 'machinery.'

2. Professional diplomats don't talk like "mudiji stahp killing minorities right now!". Chances of such a conversation are very low and even if they do happen, it's more like "we see encouraging news from India on minority affairs and would love to see more of it in the future."

3. Indian diplomats know these tricks too and to the above comment will have a readymade answer "something something ujjwala scheme something something ek haath me laptop blah blah"

4. Diplomats NEVER do 'gotcha' questions like low capability journalists. Every word spoken in these meetings is agreed upon before and after. A diplomatic summit of this seniority is a very well choreographed dance.

5. Time is at a huge premium. Such a visit is packed with programs, and meetings with congressional members, reception at your own embassy, program with local Indian community etc.. every minute matters, so the conversation is VERY DIRECT and to the point. Priorities are decided beforehand and time is alloted.

6. With a partner like India, minority affairs is low priority but still has to be discussed. So it will be "prepared question from US side answered by prepared question from Indian side". Both sides thus get to claim in the joint statement that minority issues/human rights were discussed.

7. And that's how it will go. 15 seconds on this, and then immediately on to "now about that Navy fighter contract Mr. PM, how is that going?" Because this is much more important.

8. To learn more, read ADST (Association of Diplomatic Studies and Training) website. Very cool resource with stories of US diplomats worldwide and how they conduct business. Some interesting stories about India too, from independence till nuclear deal era.

9. Forget the fat gujarati or delusional Punjabi. For legendary, Professional diplomats who had an affect on India, look to someone like Strobe Talbott.

I just hope they don't freeze and go on the defensive if confronted on minority rights in a meeting.

singhboy98

Country flag
Zero chance if that happening.

1. In these meetings you have Professional diplomats. The milk-teeth ones like the fat gujarati and the delusional Punjabi before him, are junior diplomats who are not allowed to touch any of the 'machinery.'

2. Professional diplomats don't talk like "mudiji stahp killing minorities right now!". Chances of such a conversation are very low and even if they do happen, it's more like "we see encouraging news from India on minority affairs and would love to see more of it in the future."

3. Indian diplomats know these tricks too and to the above comment will have a readymade answer "something something ujjwala scheme something something ek haath me laptop blah blah"

4. Diplomats NEVER do 'gotcha' questions like low capability journalists. Every word spoken in these meetings is agreed upon before and after. A diplomatic summit of this seniority is a very well choreographed dance.

5. Time is at a huge premium. Such a visit is packed with programs, and meetings with congressional members, reception at your own embassy, program with local Indian community etc.. every minute matters, so the conversation is VERY DIRECT and to the point. Priorities are decided beforehand and time is alloted.

6. With a partner like India, minority affairs is low priority but still has to be discussed. So it will be "prepared question from US side answered by prepared question from Indian side". Both sides thus get to claim in the joint statement that minority issues/human rights were discussed.

7. And that's how it will go. 15 seconds on this, and then immediately on to "now about that Navy fighter contract Mr. PM, how is that going?" Because this is much more important.

8. To learn more, read ADST (Association of Diplomatic Studies and Training) website. Very cool resource with stories of US diplomats worldwide and how they conduct business. Some interesting stories about India too, from independence till nuclear deal era.

9. Forget the fat gujarati or delusional Punjabi. For legendary, Professional diplomats who had an affect on India, look to someone like Strobe Talbott.
For all the bluster you just wrote, you ought to know that your so-called "professional diplomats" will be made into eunuchs by the Americans if they don't have the requisite political backing from the "fat Gujarati" or the "delusional Punjabi" before him. For better or for worse, in most instances in India, when it really wants to, the political executive wags bureaucracy and not the other way round.

skunk works

Country flag
For all the bluster you just wrote, you ought to know that your so-called "professional diplomats" will be made into eunuchs by the Americans if they don't have the requisite political backing from the "fat Gujarati" or the "delusional Punjabi" before him. For better or for worse, in most instances in India, when it really wants to, the political executive wags bureaucracy and not the other way round.
Did you even read my comment? I am not referring to Modi or Manmohan Singh. Go back and read it again. 🙄

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Controversial opinion: aukat me rah Kar hit bat karna chaiye.
A country with 5 trillion economy only deserves this much posturing from their MEA.
Once 75% code coolies aren't being fed by Western contracts and we have 10 to 15 trillion economy maybe we will see harder stance from MEA.

AnantS

Country flag

Paapi pet ka sawaal. These brown coolies are modern versions of brown sahibs of bygone era. Aptly called coconut.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Did you even read my comment? I am not referring to Modi or Manmohan Singh. Go back and read it again. 🙄
Atleast tell the names of those two nri nariyals now.
I knew it was not about modi and manmohan.
One was a patel, another was some singh fella I don't recall their names

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles