India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowitall

countries prep for full scale wars not surgical strikes alone.

even in the case of air dominance or deep strike, they don’t happen on their own. it will not be the case IAF is given an order to do a deep strike or enforce a no fly zone without IA having their own battle orders within the same theatre

In a theatre command scenario, IAF is a supporting role. isn’t it?

Outside of theatre level warfare during peace times, IAF have their own domain on CAPS & Air logistics anyways.
Please check my previous and latest posts I am not against theatre level commands rather have been a supporter of them.

I have been misquoted as my original answer never went into this domain at all.

My answer was more on how he could have answered the question in a better way to lessen the concerns of IAF.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Please check my previous and latest posts I am not against theatre level commands rather have been a supporter of them.

I have been misquoted as my original answer never went into this domain at all.

My answer was more on how he could have answers the question in a better way to lessen the concerns of IAF.
yup, noticed it. This is a lost in translation scenario.

DivineLight

Please quote the para where I said that I was worried about airforce being scrapped or I was worried about the air force being an extra support arm.

If you have to lie and put words into my mouth then there is no point in having an argument in the first place.
I didn't lie or put anything in your mouth. Just read my post again. I said if you have have such concerns, don't worry. Second time I said, I was talking in general.

The statement made by air cheif

Asked about CDS Rawat comment, ACM Bhadauria said, “It is not a supporting role alone. Air power has a huge role to play in any of the integrated battle areas. It is not an issue of support alone. And there is a whole lot of things that go into any air plan that is made…”

Which is literally what I said my whole argument has been that he could have framed his word better as IAF has more roles to play.
ACM is just making white noise. If you check BiRa interview(I keep telling it but seems like no use), he said, there will be air component commanders within the theatre command. No one stepping on each other toes. If the operation needs more role of IAF, that component commanders will suggest that and that theatre command will follow that plan. It's all about three forces working together.

And you seem to believe whatever ACM saying but not what CDS saying.

You are supporting the idea of integrated command. But not supporting the plan. What's the use then? You have some other alternative plan?

Jimih

Country flag
In a TC setup all branches will be support arms of each other.

Gen Rawat should have explained it properly in his interview. This kind of mindset is not helping.

Pak-shit-taanis are grinning like chesire cats in Twitter and PeeDF for the past 24 hours.

another_armchair

Country flag
In a TC setup all branches will be support arms of each other.

Gen Rawat should have explained it properly in his interview. This kind of mindset is not helping.

Pak-shit-taanis are grinning like chesire cats in Twitter and PeeDF for the past 24 hours.
IAF and IA will end up doing double kutaayi of Pakistanis to overcome each other's 'khunnas'.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Didn't know where to post
Only 20,000+ Sikhs are left in the state???
And the number of girls kidnapped and converted/married off is actually 15 this year alone

What's more interesting is the comments, the Sikhs are flooding the comments, I don't see any Sikh-Muslim Bhaoi bhaoi in the comments, ofcourse mslims are there
Worth a watch

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
It does not seem to have any well laid out strategy/end goal behind it. We just seem to procure arms in a weird way - for example what is the use of having SSBNs with nukes if the enemy is picking off of our soldiers anyways.
It almost looks like our armed forces actually forgive porki forces for their transgressions probably calling them “ we are the same people, little brother etc”?
SSBN and nukes etc. are strategic weapons for large scale decisive wars like WW3. Our current problem is tactical attacks (we lack somewhat in equipment there too).
Such terror attacks and deaths are unfortunately only going to continue always till Pak exists. You wound your enemy, it will heel and keep on attacking you in new ways unles its killed. A strategic solution of it would be an all out war but again, if India does to disintegrate or colonise Pak, we won't only be fighting Pak either. We will have to become a heavyweight in IOR like China in SCS.

Defense strategy isn't about reacting without real plans and reacting without strategy often doesn't bear any positive results.
One thing I miss is the absence of a strong opposition in the Parliament.
Opposition isn't really good in such matters in a de facto two-party state like India. Left if was strong opposition, it wouldn't let government even undertake steps labeling them fascists.

Indrajit

Country flag
While Gen Rawat could have been more particular with his words, the IAF has opposed any and all changes being attempted from a very long time. They were the reason for the CDS not to be created for so long because they feared turf loss. Now they fear more loss of turf, which will be a reality , that's the nature of theatre commands. Unfortunate but inevitable.

The airforce and the navy have been somewhat operating in silo mode. The IAF's selection of the Rafale is a clear indication of that. Pick the most expensive aircraft and then insist that money be found. What kind of competition was run where they pit different aircraft of completely differering weights but picked the "best" without ever considering a trade off between price and features. Everyone in the world would have seen through the madness. Look at how the Finnish competition has been structured, they have indicated the funds available and asked the manufacturers to offer their products, including numbers and features tailored to that. If the IAF or the navy is allowed to continue the way they have so far, we are done for. We will have no money and very limited capability. Asking the navy to rethink the 3rd carrier is sensible, we simply don't have the money for that and in the meantime, we have many more urgent requirements. Silo thinking may be helpful and even necessary to protect respective turfs but if we are going to have any kind of capable military with the budget we can manage, we need many more bulldozers of the Bipin Rawat type.

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
While Gen Rawat could have been more particular with his words, the IAF has opposed any and all changes being attempted from a very long time. They were the reason for the CDS not to be created for so long because they feared turf loss. Now they fear more loss of turf, which will be a reality , that's the nature of theatre commands. Unfortunate but inevitable.

The airforce and the navy have been somewhat operating in silo mode. The IAF's selection of the Rafale is a clear indication of that. Pick the most expensive aircraft and then insist that money be found. What kind of competition was run where they pit different aircraft of completely differering weights but picked the "best" without ever considering a trade off between price and features. Everyone in the world would have seen through the madness. Look at how the Finnish competition has been structured, they have indicated the funds available and asked the manufacturers to offer their products, including numbers and features tailored to that. If the IAF or the navy is allowed to continue the way they have so far, we are done for. We will have no money and very limited capability. Asking the navy to rethink the 3rd carrier is sensible, we simply don't have the money for that and in the meantime, we have many more urgent requirements. Silo thinking may be helpful and even necessary to protect respective turfs but if we are going to have any kind of capable military with the budget we can manage, we need many more bulldozers of the Bipin Rawat type.
Please read this article, Specially around CDS and new theatre commands

Ayushraj

Country flag
Real issue is theatre command that air force don't like.
Navy and army are being designed to operate in sub conventional level but air force always refuses for theatre command
Air force have many reason for it
1) squadron strength is less
2) air force can move from 1 theatre to other within few days.
It was air force that refuses to corporate with army in air defence command.
Army and navy are ready to integrate their assest for air defence role but air force refuses by saying we have sole responsibility of Indian air space.
Air force also refuses to cooperate in transport issue thats why army started building their own army aviation corps.
Even sometimes before that was question raised by air force need transport helicopter. Every transport work is done by army. Even pak army uses every transport helicopter in their fleet.
Air force even refused to cooperate with army in apache deal.
Army said for joint deal of 28 apache but air force refused that why different deal of (22+6 ) we're signed

rkhanna

Country flag
Real issue is theatre command that air force don't like.
Navy and army are being designed to operate in sub conventional level but air force always refuses for theatre command
Air force have many reason for it
1) squadron strength is less
2) air force can move from 1 theatre to other within few days.
It was air force that refuses to corporate with army in air defence command.
Army and navy are ready to integrate their assest for air defence role but air force refuses by saying we have sole responsibility of Indian air space.
Air force also refuses to cooperate in transport issue thats why army started building their own army aviation corps.
Even sometimes before that was question raised by air force need transport helicopter. Every transport work is done by army. Even pak army uses every transport helicopter in their fleet.
Air force even refused to cooperate with army in apache deal.
Army said for joint deal of 28 apache but air force refused that why different deal of (22+6 ) we're signed
Not so simple. The AF is pushing back because today there is zero integration between the 3 services communication networks and the Army has zero understanding of Air operations.

Read the article I posted above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles