India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
what did I miss? who was shot?
Was trying to kill a girl who rejected him tried to kill her bus driver/conductor tried to save her he cut his neck another story says bus guy said something then he did this but his vids are out saying stuff for Hindus but language sounds like proper trained jihadi up police shot his legs

mcpo117

Country flag
Was trying to kill a girl who rejected him tried to kill her bus driver/conductor tried to save her he cut his neck another story says bus guy said something then he did this but his vids are out saying stuff for Hindus but language sounds like proper trained jihadi up police shot his legs
could you please give a news link to it? thanks.

itsme

Country flag
even if such nooks and crannies are detected thru technical means, someone have to physically go there and verify in these tough terrain. that’s where ambushes happen.
FPV drones can do that, also they can fly under the forest canopy. And kamikaze FPVs can take out the targets.

Jimih

Country flag
even if such nooks and crannies are detected thru technical means, someone have to physically go there and verify in these tough terrain. that’s where ambushes happen.
Indian Army now need to focus on just 2 sectors only, that are Rajouri and Poonch.

They have to ponder over on "why maximum Indian Army casualties are taking place in these very same 2 sectors only in the last 3 years?"

So have to devise an effective operations plan and act according to it.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Indian Army now need to focus on just 2 sectors only, that are Rajouri and Poonch.

They have to ponder over on "why maximum Indian Army casualties are taking place in these very same 2 sectors only in the last 3 years?"

So have to devise an effective operations plan and act according to it.
the RR division that was taken out of the valley to reinforce ladakh was most likely from these regions

NutCracker

Country flag

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
FPV drones can do that, also they can fly under the forest canopy. And kamikaze FPVs can take out the targets.
Genuine question - Have you actually flown a drone in a forested area? In sparse forests, IR cams will easily see through from top, but even in moderately dense forests, flying below canopy is a sure recipe for hitting and breaking a propeller. Even with the more experimental and expensive type drones, penetrating forests is still a work in progress and has severe range and speed limitations.

itsme

Country flag
Genuine question - Have you actually flown a drone in a forested area? In sparse forests, IR cams will easily see through from top, but even in moderately dense forests, flying below canopy is a sure recipe for hitting and breaking a propeller. Even with the more experimental and expensive type drones, penetrating forests is still a work in progress and has severe range and speed limitations.
I have actually flown a dji Avata in a forest, in fact there are fpv class called cinewhoops designed to fly indoors and in tight spaces. With some training, a soldier can fly it under the canopy or over or even close to the ground. Even the IDF uses Avata for recon inside tunnels. But, fpvs are more of a killer component in the hunter-killer combo, as in a drone with thermal optic (even commercial ones) should be able to pick up some heat source through the canopy. Once identified, fpvs can be used for a closer investigation of the heat source or even to take them out if its a kamikaze or bomber fpv.

I agree with the battery, noise and the range part. That is definitely a limitation however, there are ways to increase range which is currently being utilized in Ukraine and Russia. For the noise there is a new type of propeller which does decrease the noise somewhat but, still a limitation. Range also depends on the position of the pilot with respect to the flying area, for ex if the pilot is on a higher altitude and flying at a lower altitude than the pilot's position with LOS the range (video and radio) would be to its max. Avata can do a range of max 3km+ to and fro doing speeds of about 100+kmph and under canopy where I am also under canopy, I get about 500-600m NLOS (this can be improved a bit with flying more skillfully), after that the videos cuts off but, can still be controlled blindly which is of no use and this is with normal dji goggles, and there are ways to increase the range by attaching extra after market antennas on the goggles. Military fpv pilots these days use a standalone 6ft antenna for a far greater range LOS/NLOS than ever before. There has been a huge spike in fpv tech due to the ukraine war. Now there are fpvs with thermal cameras which makes them all the more deadly. And it continues to grow at a very fast phase. I am scared there will come a day were jihadist will use these drones from a remote location in a city to cause mayhem on a crowded civilian place. Like flying/guided IEDs. And law enforcement will not be trained on how to handle such a situation.

Me being a civilian with only militaryish exp in the NCC can think at least 100 ways where and how fpvs could be used. It can basically be used as a guided and controlled rocket projectile but, with propellers. Hopefully army recognizes this and employs it which would definitely reduce the current types of casualties. But, I am asking for too much.

Swesh

Nah I want him to suffer for the rest of his life. He will be forever a cripple and he can only make a living by being the rent boy of imams.
A lots of people are dead. People die and not feel anything but not many people feels sorry for what they did. It's a rare thing he will be sorry for his rest of his life😈😈 that's why they say life imprisonment is worst form of death panelty

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles