India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC: DGMO 29/09/2016

mayfair

^^ Is that a real tweet? Even the SRK one I am doubtful of.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I'll admit I am most surprised by this. Not the raid itself, but the political backing and public admission that we crossed the LoC for first time since '71.

As a veteran diplomat said on one of last night's TV shows, it was critical that we crossed this self-imposed limit. In the future, this should not be as much of an obstacle. PoK is ours, thus, we took action in our territory.

Its clear that this is part of a multi-pronged response. We need to really turn the heat and crush this terror factory once and for all.

Hats of to our brave soldiers and to the political leadership for growing a much needed spine.

Eagerly waiting for the next steps. Pak will retaliate, not militarily as they are a bloated army not fit to fight a real military. They'll increase their efforts to infiltrate and activate sleeper cells in India. We need to be vigillant.

However, a weekend to enoy for sure.

Akshay_Fenix

29 of September was such a big day that TOI filled its paper with butt load of ads in todays paper.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Probably the first time when commendable role of ISRO (spy satellites) comes out in open.
CARTOSAT 2C

Imagery and video feed were obtained from India's CARTOSAT 2C before and during the surgical strike.

Cartosat 2 series satellite.

The 690-kilogram dual-use satellite is equipped with a Panchromatic Camera and a high-resolution multi-spectral instrument. This camera will have a resolution of 0.65 metres which is an improvement over the 0.8 metre camera sent on earlier missions.

The new camera onboard the mission, can not only click high resolution pictures of disputed border and coastal areas, but can also record videos of sensitive targets from space, compress it, and relay it back to Earth.

ISRO officials describe this satellite “as one of the best eyes in space” that India has launched till date. The strength of the camera installed in this home-grown satellite is almost at par with the ones possessed by US and China.

Cartosat-2C is placed in a sun-synchronous polar orbit at a low-earth altitude of about 200-1,200 kms above the Earth’s surface.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
CARTOSAT 2C

Imagery and video feed were obtained from India's CARTOSAT 2C before and during the surgical strike.

Cartosat 2 series satellite.

The 690-kilogram dual-use satellite is equipped with a Panchromatic Camera and a high-resolution multi-spectral instrument. This camera will have a resolution of 0.65 metres which is an improvement over the 0.8 metre camera sent on earlier missions.

The new camera onboard the mission, can not only click high resolution pictures of disputed border and coastal areas, but can also record videos of sensitive targets from space, compress it, and relay it back to Earth.

ISRO officials describe this satellite “as one of the best eyes in space” that India has launched till date. The strength of the camera installed in this home-grown satellite is almost at par with the ones possessed by US and China.

Cartosat-2C is placed in a sun-synchronous polar orbit at a low-earth altitude of about 200-1,200 kms above the Earth’s surface.
That's is far superior to any surveillance capabilities which Pakis possess in next 100 years and obviously much better than any UAV surveillance out there.

So in a nutshells Army can monitor even the smallest detail of Paki movement. Live 24/7

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
I am going through some info.

The operation looking more like pig slaughter than surgical strike.
:india2::india::india::india:
Great job Indian army.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I thought its parody account or may be doctored snip.
Nope verified account. Why does it startle some of you that Tata tweeted this? On many occasions he asked Pakistan to go fuck itself even when Indian Congress coaxed him to patch up with Pakistan after 26/11 and damages to the Taj Group properties.

Bharat Ek Khoj

@tarunraju @hit&run
Actually there's a previous tweet that says, his account was hacked. But this tweet is genuine. If I'm not wrong, Tata is already into making weapons.
Nowadays twitter is allowing lots of account to be hacked, happened with lot of RWs few days ago.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
@tarunraju @hit&run
Actually there's a previous tweet that says, his account was hacked. But this tweet is genuine. If I'm not wrong, Tata is already into making weapons.
Nowadays twitter is allowing lots of account to be hacked, happened with lot of RWs few days ago.
His tweet stating wont give jobs to JNU student was said to be fake. That was the reason there is a bit of confusion.

BTW after @tarunraju post I checked his account and its genuine. I appreciate his patriotism, well done Mr Ratan Tata.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
@Navnit Kundu
Come on, bro. We are waiting for your long posts.
What is your take on this?
I am in the process of buying a house. Been running around from website to website, broker to broker, bank to bank and registrar to registrar with all the paperwork, verification, queries and what not. It will be this way for at least a month.

I am myself gasping for breath trying to catch up on all the news that I missed. It's good that the strike happened, but nothing exceptional. Such strikes have happened in the past, it's just that this time the government deliberately owned up to doing it. Pakistan is a diseased nation with diseased people. Literally lakhs of people die of diarrhea, polio and mosquito bites every year. Killing ~40~100 of them with bullets is no big reduction in the population of Pakistanis. It's just the mode of dying that's different. A major breakthrough will be only when either a large number of Pakistanis are affected OR if there is a change in the territorial map of Pakistan. These strikes are only tactical in nature and have the limited function of redeeming our brave martyrs, but has no other strategic gains whatsoever. I am seeing a distressing trend of pro-BJP twitter handles trying to create an #UriAvenged trend, trying to give the impression that 'all that was needed to be done has been done and it's time to shut the case now'. I believe this is more dangerous than the actual terror attack.

Basically, if such an unfortunate precedent is set that we will avenge terror attacks only with minimum force and tactical strikes and become complacent, then we will never be able to build up a national momentum towards our long term goal of fragmenting Pakistan. Such tactical attacks will be used by BJP as a way to let off steam and build domestic credibility and calm our nerves every time a terror attack happens. So, my thoughts are that nothing has been avenged until Pakistan is summarily broken and ceases to exist as a nation. My happiest day will be when the UN will take a meeting to include 4 new nations in the UN charter : Baluchistan, Sindh, Pakhtoonistan and Punjab. That's when every terror attack right from the Khalistan movement, to the Kashmir Pandit genocide, to the 26/11 attacks to the Pathankot and Uri attacks will be finally avenged.

I will never be satisfied with a tit for tat response with Pakistan because the value of a Hindu life is not the same as that of a Pakistani life, so no amount of avenging and twitter hashtags will level the scores with Pakistanis. If a rabid dog bites you, you don't bite him back just for getting the satisfaction of tit for tat, you put the dog to rest for eternity. The provocateur and the victim in any conflict are not equal players in any way. The former bears greater responsibility for initiating the conflict and deserves a disproportionately larger penalty and not 'tit for tat'. We all love tits but not in this context.

Killing ~40~100 Pakistanis in cross border raids is galli cricket. We need to prepare for the World Cup Championship and fragment Pakistan in the next 4 years. It requires a whole new class of sportsmanship.

vayuu1

Country flag
I am in the process of buying a house. Been running around from website to website, broker to broker, bank to bank and registrar to registrar with all the paperwork, verification, queries and what not. It will be this way for at least a month.

I am myself gasping for breath trying to catch up on all the news that I missed. It's good that the strike happened, but nothing exceptional. Such strikes have happened in the past, it's just that this time the government deliberately owned up to doing it. Pakistan is a diseased nation with diseased people. Literally lakhs of people die of diarrhea, polio and mosquito bites every year. Killing ~40~100 of them with bullets is no big reduction in the population of Pakistanis. It's just the mode of dying that's different. A major breakthrough will be only when either a large number of Pakistanis are affected OR if there is a change in the territorial map of Pakistan. These strikes are only tactical in nature and have the limited function of redeeming our brave martyrs, but has no other strategic gains whatsoever. I am seeing a distressing trend of pro-BJP twitter handles trying to create an #UriAvenged trend, trying to give the impression that 'all that was needed to be done has been done and it's time to shut the case now'. I believe this is more dangerous than the actual terror attack.

Basically, if such an unfortunate precedent is set that we will avenge terror attacks only with minimum force and tactical strikes and become complacent, then we will never be able to build up a national momentum towards our long term goal of fragmenting Pakistan. Such tactical attacks will be used by BJP as a way to let off steam and build domestic credibility and calm our nerves every time a terror attack happens. So, my thoughts are that nothing has been avenged until Pakistan is summarily broken and ceases to exist as a nation. My happiest day will be when the UN will take a meeting to include 4 new nations in the UN charter : Baluchistan, Sindh, Pakhtoonistan and Punjab. That's when every terror attack right from the Khalistan movement, to the Kashmir Pandit genocide, to the 26/11 attacks to the Pathankot and Uri attacks will be finally avenged.

I will never be satisfied with a tit for tat response with Pakistan because the value of a Hindu life is not the same as that of a Pakistani life, so no amount of avenging and twitter hashtags will level the scores with Pakistanis. If a rabid dog bites you, you don't bite him back just for getting the satisfaction of tit for tat, you put the dog to rest for eternity. The provocateur and the victim in any conflict are not equal players in any way. The former bears greater responsibility for initiating the conflict and deserves a disproportionately larger penalty and not 'tit for tat'. We all love tits but not in this context.

Killing ~40~100 Pakistanis in cross border raids is galli cricket. We need to prepare for the World Cup Championship and fragment Pakistan in the next 4 years. It requires a whole new class of sportsmanship.
What? It is because of this that pak looks rattled, u didn't knew what happened apart from surgical strikes Iran started shelling on pak border, reports of aghan shelling was their too, it cannot be a coincidence, I think it's a well crafted strategy, to isolate pak on international forums, on the other hand support those, who wants freedom, join hand with pissed off neighbours, threatening to scrap IVT, most importantly, do surgical strikes to install fears in the mind of enemy, if u can't explode them implode them, here both explosion and implosion going hand to hand.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Global Defence

New threads

Articles