India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC: DGMO 29/09/2016

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I read this news. This was reported by BBC and CNN.

I like this. Make less noise and take out the enemy.

What is the best take away is that there were no casualties on the Indian side.

The official Indian position does not clarify whether Indian troops crossed the LoC, so I would rather not speculate on that.
You are not speculating as there must have been good reason after reading DGMO statement ??

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...oc-dgmo-29-09-2016.77482/page-29#post-1209692

Point 4. DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh mentions about launch pad along LOC from where terrorists were trying to infiltrate. One can easily imply he is talking about POK side of LOC otherwise no need to use word 'Infiltrate' if they are already on our side of the LOC. He categorically states further in the same point that surgical strikes were conducted in preemption to infiltration at those launch pads.

It is a common knowledge the kind of terms we use to address terror module / Grid that Pakistan Army operates along LoC as terror camps and launching pads. No such term is used for terrorist hideouts inside Indian side of LoC / J&K.

Point 6: DGMO affirms he has briefed Pakistanis DGMO. If the operation was on our side of LOC then there was no need to do this formality cum signaling. He further reiterates that Indian army will not allow terrorists operate across LoC with impunity.

He highlighted 2004 agreement that Pakistan will not allow territory under its control to be used against India. Such statements are meticulously drafted. There was no need to embed reference of 2004 agreement; as it covers possible evoking of breach of LoC sanctity and aggression on so called Pakistani territory by Pakistan and its supporters.

Few people at other forums are calling it 'Plausible Deniability'; I say, they are either not proficient to read draft statements or just want to tag a random adjective without making sense of the same.

Thanks

vayuu1

Country flag
Jo bhi kaho, pak has got a clear message, no more kadi ninda from now on, only khada danda behind ur rear,I have a feeling this is the beginning of these operations, and now since the Indian army has smelled the blood, we may see far more of these surgical strikes, who knows may be into much deeper areas and taking down HVT, one thing is sure, both PA, ISI and terrorists will be peeing in their pants.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

pmaitra

You are not speculating as there must have been good reason after reading DGMO statement ??

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...oc-dgmo-29-09-2016.77482/page-29#post-1209692

Point 4. DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh mentions about launch pad along LOC from where terrorists were trying to infiltrate. One can easily imply he is talking about POK side of LOC otherwise no need to use word 'Infiltrate' if they are already on our side of the LOC. He categorically states further in the same point that surgical strikes were conducted in preemption to infiltration at those launch pads.

It is a common knowledge the kind of terms we use to address terror module / Grid that Pakistan Army operates along LoC as terror camps and launching pads. No such term is used for terrorist hideouts inside Indian side of LoC / J&K.

Point 6: DGMO affirms he has briefed Pakistanis DGMO. If the operation was on our side of LOC then there was no need to do this formality cum signaling. He further reiterates that Indian army will not allow terrorists operate across LoC with impunity.

He highlighted 2004 agreement that Pakistan will not allow territory under its control to be used against India. Such statements are meticulously drafted. There was no need to embedded the reference of 2004 agreement; as it covers possible evoking of breach of LoC sanctity and aggression on so called Pakistani territory by Pakistan and its supporters.

Few people at other forums are calling it Plausible deniability; I say, they are either not proficient to read draft statements properly or just want to tag a random adjective without making sense of the same.

Thanks
You're right. If they were trying to infiltrate, then they must have been on the PoK side of LoC.

Yes, I think it is plausible deniability.

My position is, India must avoid media bravado. The only thing that matters is how many terrorists are neutralized.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
You're right. If they were trying to infiltrate, then they must have been on the PoK side of LoC.

Yes, I think it is plausible deniability.

My position is, India must avoid media bravado. The only thing that matters is how many terrorists are neutralized.
I don't think there is any scope of fitting in 'Plausible Deniability' here.

From Army to political leadership, strikes across LoC is the core pronouncement.

Media bravado can not be controlled, Intelligent people always take media with 'salt according to their taste'. Exaggeration and Media are synonym. Lets not make obvious as serious issue of importance and build a case upon it.

vayuu1

Country flag
I have no doubts that the report from quint was not wrong, but since We were planning bigger thing we didn't disclosed it, also might be we weren't able to film that, like this, so suppressed the news, letting pak live in lala land.

mayfair

I read this news. This was reported by BBC and CNN.

I like this. Make less noise and take out the enemy.

What is the best take away is that there were no casualties on the Indian side.

The official Indian position does not clarify whether Indian troops crossed the LoC, so I would rather not speculate on that.
C'mon PM. Let's examine the official statement "...Indian Army carried out surgical strikes at several launch pads [positioned along the LoC] TO PRE-EMPT INFILTRATION by the terrorists"

The biggest give away is "TO PRE-EMPT INFILTRATION". How do you do that? Stop INFILTRATION before it happens.

What is infiltration? When someone enters your territory.

Then what is to "PRE-EMPT INFILTRATION"? Stopping that person from entering your territory. NOT stopping them AFTER they've entered your territory. That would be neutralisation.

The only way TO PRE-EMPT INFILTRATION would be to destroy the launch pads before the "launch" happened. ipso facto IA did cross the LoC.

It also stands to reason that "launch pads for infiltration" must be beyond the territory to be infiltrated, in this case they must be situated on the OTHER side of the LoC. It also stands to reason that as close as they maybe, they would not be closer to LoC than the nearest TSPA post.

mayfair

Jo bhi kaho, pak has got a clear message, no more kadi ninda from now on, only khada danda behind ur rear,I have a feeling this is the beginning of these operations, and now since the Indian army has smelled the blood, we may see far more of these surgical strikes, who knows may be into much deeper areas and taking down HVT, one thing is sure, both PA, ISI and terrorists will be peeing in their pants.
I think there will be both kadi ninda and khada danda ready to rain down on Bakis should they misbehave in the future.

Being the Dheethh kutte ki poonchh that they are, we are likely to see more such opportunities in the future.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
So let's see the actions of India recently... :hmm:
  1. Mention and open support for Balochistan Genocide and Freedom Struggle.
  2. Aggressive stance at UN, calling Pakis as "Ivy League of Terrorism" and "Exporter of Terrorism".
  3. Pulling out from SAARC and getting support from Afganistan/BD/Bhutan thus Isolating Pakistan Locally and Internationally at UN.
  4. Banning Paki actors.
  5. Preemptive Surgical Strikes in PoK,killing 50+ which was thought to be just imaginary for a loooong time.

Last edited:

vayuu1

Country flag
So let's see the actions of India recently... :hmm:
  1. Mention and open support for Balochistan Genocide and Freedom Struggle.
  2. Aggressive stance at UN, calling Pakis as "Ivy League of Terrorism" and "Exporter of Terrorism".
  3. Pulling out from SAARC and getting support from Afganistan/BD/Bhutan thus Isolating Pakistan Locally and Internationally at UN.
  4. Banning Paki actors.
  5. Preemptive Surgical Strikes which was thought to be just imaginary for a loooong time.
Pak media in denial, also I have a feeling the no of paki casualties are much more and has been suppressed .

ganesh177

Country flag
Why is there so much deniability from pakistani side ?

Read somewhere govt does have video shoot of operation. I hope they make it public soon.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
No it is needed. It was more of a psychological operation than a counter-terrorist one. Pakistan was needed to be told a lesson and media is playing a role spreading down to the root.

pmaitra

C'mon PM. Let's examine the official statement "...Indian Army carried out surgical strikes at several launch pads [positioned along the LoC] TO PRE-EMPT INFILTRATION by the terrorists"

The biggest give away is "TO PRE-EMPT INFILTRATION". How do you do that? Stop INFILTRATION before it happens.

What is infiltration? When someone enters your territory.

Then what is to "PRE-EMPT INFILTRATION"? Stopping that person from entering your territory. NOT stopping them AFTER they've entered your territory. That would be neutralisation.

The only way TO PRE-EMPT INFILTRATION would be to destroy the launch pads before the "launch" happened. ipso facto IA did cross the LoC.

It also stands to reason that "launch pads for infiltration" must be beyond the territory to be infiltrated, in this case they must be situated on the OTHER side of the LoC. It also stands to reason that as close as they maybe, they would not be closer to LoC than the nearest TSPA post.
The Indian Army's official position is to allow itself the room to deny that Indian troops crossed the LoC.

Pre-emptive attack on infiltrators attempting to cross the LoC does not exclusively mean Indian troops crossed the LoC.

Regardless of what happened on the ground, it is not in the interest of GoI to make a claim that could be used against India at a later stage in diplomatic circles.

I hope you get the point I am making.

ganesh177

Country flag
No it is needed. It was more of a psychological operation than a counter-terrorist one. Pakistan was needed to be told a lesson and media is playing a role spreading down to the root.
Thats right, everybody need to play their roles well.
And media also have a very important role.

pmaitra

I don't know how much psychological effect this will have. Last time around, India used Ack-Ack guns in direct fire mode and BSF launched mortars. It caused losses on the other side. Yet, the Uri attack happened.

Brainwashed fanatics are not easily moved. They keep coming and carry out fidayeen style attacks.

rishivashista13

Country flag
HOW THEY DID “RAID 29/09”

On the night of 29 September 2016 Indian Special Forces and Indian Army’s unit cross the LOC to attack the launch pads of Hizbul Mujahideen and jaish-e-mohammad terrorist groups.

In the mid night our boys were inserted through HAHO jumps from Dhruv helicopters, after landing the boys find the per-designated targets pointed by the intelligence.

Special Forces who were in the teams of platoon size that means each team had 15-20 operative and started executing the terrorist with their silenced weapons, it is said that paras teams were mixed with airborne, airborne SF and they got support of Ghatak platoon and infantry of nearest battalion. Special forces killed every jihadi bastard without any casualties on our side, the dying militants seen the butcher side of Indian Special Forces. It was a multi-unit mission cause reports say the largest camp was destroyed by Garuds of IAF and Garuds executed the three handlers of JeM who planned Pathankot attacks, what a revenge planned by Indian Military.

While the SF is carrying out the operation, Ghatak were securing the area by their LMG’s and CGRL after sometimes Ghataks spotted Pakistani trucks with BAT teams and Rangers coming their way though they have them in their sight of CGRL but the trucks didn’t moved forward and gone back.

Ghataks also targeted the nearby posts with the infantry of their respective regiments and faced some retaliation though they killed the Pakistanis with their accurate firing of LMG’s, when the SF leave the encounter sight it was all blood of poor jihadi’s who died sleeping by these ghost of India, before leaving the place they planted booby traps and claymores as they always do for the combing troops of Pakistan who will came to find what happened here and get killed like idiots.

The interesting fact about this operation was our troops are backed with Combat helicopter in case of any emergency but nothing happened the raid was like walk in the park and it was possible by extreme professionalism in shooting and accurate intel at last good job guys, you made the country proud again.

At the time of breakfast the boys were at home enjoying the delicious meal they got after these great job for the humanity.

Jai hind

https://elitepredators.wordpress.com/2016/09/30/how-they-did-raid-2909/

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

mayfair

Pre-emptive attack on infiltrators attempting to cross the LoC does not exclusively mean Indian troops crossed the LoC.
Yes, that would have been if the infiltrators were fired upon from OUR side and neutralised while they were STILL on the other side. This cannot be ruled out, at least partially.

What DGMO also said was that "Indian Army carried out surgical strikes at several launch pads [that were positioned along the LoC]". Now these launch pads were definitely across the LoC. Also, it's highly unlikely that launch pads would be closer to LoC than the nearest TSPA post.

Thus, IA would need to go across the LoC to carry out the strikes. If they could have been destroyed by artillery or mortar fire, they would have been done long back.

Regardless of what happened on the ground, it is not in the interest of GoI to make a claim that could be used against India at a later stage in diplomatic circles.

I hope you get the point I am making.
I get your point. But do remember that special OPs are not always denied. They have their uses. US seals went into Abbottabad (not a disputed territory mind you), took out Bin Laden, flew back leaving behind the remains of a helicopter and Bakis could only squirm. No case could be brought against the Americans.

But beyond that taking out OBL was a psychological boost for the US as a nation and for their armed forces. It send out a message that those who attacked them were not safe, wherever they maybe. It also punctured the Baki claims of not knowing where OBL was.

India has only responded to repeated terror strikes being carried out from our territory illegally occupied by Pakistan. So far, none of the countries have raised a diplomatic stink over it and nor are Bakis going to bring it to the international fora. They are denying that such a raid even took place!! Unlike the OBL incident where they acknowledged that their sovirginity was violated and ripped off.

This actions was long due and long time coming. First, it blows a hole through the Baki narrative that any Indian retaliation will lead to nuke armageddon. The so-called "Red lines" have been re-drawn. Bakis will have to find new ways to needle us. Respond they will, if the past is anything to go by and that's what we should be prepared for.

These Ops, howsoever successful, are done and dusted. Now it's time to move on to phase II of our plan. One that I prefer to call Khitaan-e-Bakistan

pmaitra

Yes, that would have been if the infiltrators were fired upon from OUR side and neutralised while they were STILL on the other side. This cannot be ruled out, at least partially.

What DGMO also said was that "Indian Army carried out surgical strikes at several launch pads [that were positioned along the LoC]". Now these launch pads were definitely across the LoC. Also, it's highly unlikely that launch pads would be closer to LoC than the nearest TSPA post.

Thus, IA would need to go across the LoC to carry out the strikes. If they could have been destroyed by artillery or mortar fire, they would have been done long back.

I get your point. But do remember that special OPs are not always denied. They have their uses. US seals went into Abbottabad (not a disputed territory mind you), took out Bin Laden, flew back leaving behind the remains of a helicopter and Bakis could only squirm. No case could be brought against the Americans.

But beyond that taking out OBL was a psychological boost for the US as a nation and for their armed forces. It send out a message that those who attacked them were not safe, wherever they maybe. It also punctured the Baki claims of not knowing where OBL was.

India has only responded to repeated terror strikes being carried out from our territory illegally occupied by Pakistan. So far, none of the countries have raised a diplomatic stink over it and nor are Bakis going to bring it to the international fora. They are denying that such a raid even took place!! Unlike the OBL incident where they acknowledged that their sovirginity was violated and ripped off.

This actions was long due and long time coming. First, it blows a hole through the Baki narrative that any Indian retaliation will lead to nuke armageddon. The so-called "Red lines" have been re-drawn. Bakis will have to find new ways to needle us. Respond they will, if the past is anything to go by and that's what we should be prepared for.

These Ops, howsoever successful, are done and dusted. Now it's time to move on to phase II of our plan. One that I prefer to call Khitaan-e-Bakistan
I think you understood what I was implying.

I am not saying that Indian troops did not cross the LoC. I am also not saying that India troops did cross the LoC.

My point is, the official response from the Military or GoI will be carefully worded. The rest is for us, the readers, to reason out and draw a conclusion.

mayfair

My point is, the official response from the Military or GoI will be carefully worded. The rest is for us, the readers, to reason out and draw a conclusion.
Absolutely. The official response is carefully worded, frugal with details and bereft of emotion. Just a composed matter-of-fact statement.

They've conveniently left it to the likes of us jingoes and frothing bakis across the border to read between the lines and jump up and down in joy or fewm, as per disposition .

That's what most of us have been doing here, while you remain cool and collected as ever .

Probably that's why you are the mod and I'm a lowly member :biggrin2:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles