India GCC Relations : News , Updates & Discussions.

Samaritan

Country flag
Even though they are likely not involved , challenging it in Qatar will be difficult. ICJ can be option but what to me it seems arms twisting and malignin image of GOI.It could be related to Israel hamas or US is behind it.

It is interesting to watch how GOI will respond.

Azaad

Country flag
Arrey, as I wrote in the Qatar thread - it is almost impossible to substantiate allegations of potential espionage activities in an international court (ICJ in this case). There are just too many loose ends...

If and when the GoI approaches the ICJ the proceedings will be delayed indefinitely (happened with Kulbhushan's case).
Frankly I doubt things would go that far . In all probability India'd strike a deal where these personnel would appeal for mercy to the Emir & the death sentence would be commuted to life imprisonment. After a few years they would in all probability be shipped to India either as free men or to serve the remainder of their term here .

The reason for such speculation is if Qatar goes ahead & actually implements the death penalty it'd irreparably damage ties & there'd be no going back from there .

Just my 2 cents

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Bhubaneswar to host India vs Qatar FIFA WC qualifier on Nov 21

HitmanBlood

Country flag
I think there is some link between Canada and Qatar situation.

These small countries wouldn't pick fight with large India unless there is some major power backing them.

Both Canada and Qatar are heavily under influence of USA. So it could be the case. Also Chinese too have recently managed to increase influence in these 2 countries very quietly.

Situation in Israel Palestine and its timing also could be because of some geopolitical power trying to disrupt Europe, middle-east, India project.

Both China and USA have something to gain from this chaos.

Meanwhile opposition, NGOs are targeting from inside and 2024 elections are almost near.

These are truly tough times for Indian leadership.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles