Imported Single Engine Fighter Jet Contest

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
If private industry wants to learn screw driver technology, why not apply that in Tejas?
There is no lack of good deeds of the current government, but this "Make in India" is making a "C" out of Indians. Apologies for the term, but there is no better way to put it.
Explain to me why a foreign company transfer tech (which it has spent billions and years of research) to an unknown corruption infested country.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
This is what I call Pagalpan overdrive.[/QUOTE
Excellent! The F-16 Block 70/72 are way ahead of the competition, except they don't have stealth. But then stealth is becoming passe what with modern radars like those on the S-500 that are so capable that many U.S. defense officials worry that even stealth warplanes like the F-22, F-35 and the B-2 will have problems overcoming them. And stealth tech almost doubles the unit cost of an aircraft.

Exports, overhauls, and repairs will bring in huge foreign exchange as there are more than 4500 of these birds in air forces around the world.

But the Pakis will be wringing their hands in despair at this news!
Sir,
Isn't the F-15SE the next best thing to the F-22A? If so why cant the Indian Air Force and M.o.D take up Boeing on the offer?

Last edited:

Filtercoffee

Country flag
100-150 F-16 means 100-150 less Tejas.Why can't TATA assemble Tejas instead of imported American kits?
Not to mention the issue of commonality with other planes in the inventory.
It will be great if the percentage of LCA Tejas to F - 16 are 60% - 40% in the Indian Air Force inventory. Otherwise we have just sunk our Tejas series expansion in terms of upgraded series (MK-1, MK-2 and so on) as well as export chances.

Last edited:

Kay

Country flag
Most people will be happy that F-16 will be "made in India" and miss the bigger picture...... and praise Modi for this stupid decision
Explain to me why a foreign company transfer tech (which it has spent billions and years of research) to an unknown corruption infested country.
Sending knocked down assembly kits is not transfering technology...no one is stupid enough to transfer technology to lose business..and anyways, we have our own technology in Tejas

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Sending knocked down assembly kits is not transfering technology...no one is stupid enough to transfer technology to lose business..and anyways, we have our own technology in Tejas
But question is will India promote Indigenous Indian Product ? Without economy of scale fighter jet programmes never succeed .

I think we have made peace with knockdown screw driver tech. And accepted our role as technology importer . With much respect to Chinese atleast they took a stance for themselves.

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
100-150 F-16 means 100-150 less Tejas.Why can't TATA assemble Tejas instead of imported American kits?
Not to mention the issue of commonality with other planes in the inventory.
No connection at all. 2025 is the delivery date of all ordered tejas and what are we supposed to do till then?Hope to god there ain't a two front war. A fing decade to deliver just 100 tejas, and theres also the doubt whether they will be able to deliver those 100 planes too when requirement is 400 to replace the flying coffins.

This deal might be used as a bargaining chip to get some goodies from Trumpz.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
No connection at all. 2025 is the delivery date of all ordered tejas and what are we supposed to do till then?Hope to god there ain't a two front war. A fing decade to deliver just 100 tejas, and theres also the doubt whether they will be able to deliver those 100 planes too when requirement is 400 to replace the flying coffins.

This deal might be used as a bargaining chip to get some goodies from Trumpz.
Do we have so much money to fund for both F-16 and Tejas ? I highly doubt that we have such financial muscle.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
And how much ToT is coming is deal. I mean critical tech ?

Reactions: Kay

Kay

Country flag
But question is will India promote Indigenous Indian Product ? Without economy of scale fighter jet programmes never succeed .
Every effort is being made to kill our indigenous effort. The world market is for light fighters and stealth aircrafts are costly. There are not many competitors around. Tejas had impressed many in Bahrain. We are sabotaging our own effort. We can simply ramp up Tejas production with more assembly lines. Four assembly lines making 6 aircrafts each is more than enough to meet our requirement of light fighters.

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
Do we have so much money to fund for both F-16 and Tejas ? I highly doubt that we have such financial muscle.
This deal will help in waking up those lazy swines in HAL and ADL who have been sleeping for the past 70 years. Work or else government will kill you off.

These deals are paid in installments which points out to a rising economy.

Last edited:

Kay

Country flag
This deal will help in waking up those lazy swines in HAL and ADL who have been sleeping for the past 70 years. Work or else government will kill you off.
Work or we will order foreign maal?
I am sure HAL and ADA are not sounding like villains here.

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
It has to be 100% Tejas. We have zero need for F16s.
Work or we will order foreign maal?
I am sure HAL and ADA are not sounding like villains here.
Tell me why is it taking 10 years to deliver 100 Tejas? If the requirement is 400 single engined fighters, are we supposed to wait 40 years for its delivery and force our pilots to fly those coffins.

Bornubus

And here goes the Fanboys dream of 200 ~ Rafales

Welcome to the circus

36 Rafale

100 ~ F 16

270~ SU 30MKI

Mirage 2000

Mig 29

Tejas

Number of Junk Flying coffins (to be phased out by 2025

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
And here goes the Fanboys dream of 200 ~ Rafales

Welcome to the circus

36 Rafale

100 ~ F 16

270~ SU 30MKI

Mirage 2000

Mig 29

Tejas

Number of Junk Flying coffins (to be phased out by 2025
Sir ji, Rafale is a twin engine fighter. That dream is still on.

Bornubus

Sir ji, Rafale is a twin engine fighter. That dream is still on.
The requirement was 120 - 150 ~ jets under MMRCA not about twin or single engine jets

Single engine jets requirement was to be fulfilled by Tejas.

Kay

Country flag
Tell me why is it taking 10 years to deliver 100 Tejas? If the requirement is 400 single engined fighters, are we supposed to wait 40 years for its delivery and force our pilots to fly those coffins.
How is a fighter which has never crashed in flight called a coffin? The bigger question is why do we spend like a mingy and stingy miser when it comes to defence RnD, while the we covet, fawn and spend lavishly on foreign maal. I hope young India has outgrown this colonial hangover.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
It has to be 100% Tejas. We have zero need for F16s.
They have already signed the dosier for begining the F - 16 manufacturing process. Now our boys will have a hard time resisting this type. I hope what you said comes true for our single engined fighter requirement in our choice of offensive aircraft.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles