Imported Single Engine Fighter Jet Contest

republic_roi97

Country flag
Could be please lets know advantages of F16
Will USA give us engine tec etc,... I think no.. Never
Production line to be in India .... Minimum how many years Do you think will take to be in India and to be manufactured all; not like SU 30 MKI
Spare parts..---- We will be never able to stop them to selling to other nations including Paki. Reason
Lockheed Martin want and will maintain Spare stock in USA for USAF and Global F-16 fleet
Nope, we'll have control on production and export, Lockheed has said that if production line shifts to India, Pakistan will stop getting it. Besides, Indians will never ever produce anything for any enemy of state.

republic_roi97

Country flag
How is Gripen superior to F16 Block 70/72 ? In terms of Avionics, electrical and electronic equipments or weapons suit or in terms of aerodynamics ?

armyofhind

Country flag
How is Gripen superior to F16 Block 70/72 ? In terms of Avionics, electrical and electronic equipments or weapons suit or in terms of aerodynamics ?
The Gripen would have an advantage only in terms of aerodynamics. A canard equipped fighter will always have better low speed performance than a standard LERX fighter.

Apart from that, I dont think the Gripen has any significant advantage over the F-16 Block 70/72.
The latter has a better radar in the AN/APG-80.
And weapons suite as such is very similar between the two fighters.

republic_roi97

Country flag
The Gripen would have an advantage only in terms of aerodynamics. A canard equipped fighter will always have better low speed performance than a standard LERX fighter.

Apart from that, I dont think the Gripen has any significant advantage over the F-16 Block 70/72.
The latter has a better radar in the AN/APG-80.
And weapons suite as such is very similar between the two fighters.
So doesn't that mean that in today's times of Beyond Visual Range, better systems will win you an aerial battle ?
Then why long for Gripen ???

Pash

Country flag
Nope, we'll have control on production and export, Lockheed has said that if production line shifts to India, Pakistan will stop getting it. Besides, Indians will never ever produce anything for any enemy of state.
No new F16 or upgrade, not spares which keep there old F16 flying. Moreover Turkey is always there to help Pakis. Recently they have upgraded there F16. There are many old F16 they can be brought on cheap price for spares.

Lockheed Martin want and will maintain Spare stock in USA for USAF and Global F-16 fleet, from where without asking you they will give to Pak.

How many years more F16 will fly, we have accept it is good old fighter jet near to end

republic_roi97

Country flag
No new F16 or upgrade, not spares which keep there old F16 flying. Moreover Turkey is always there to help Pakis. Recently they have upgraded there F16. There are many old F16 they can be brought on cheap price for spares.

Lockheed Martin want and will maintain Spare stock in USA for USAF and Global F-16 fleet, from where without asking you they will give to Pak.

How many years more F16 will fly, we have accept it is good old fighter jet near to end
My friend, with all due respect, please do a little research by reading some previous posts and news articles in this thread, secondly, F16 is far more advanced in terms of avionics and systems as compared to Gripen and that is what matters, thirdly, Lockheed will make most of the spares and compinents in india, that is what is meant by "shifting entire production to India". F-16 shouldn't go out of production for quite some time in future because its one of the most proven and competent system ever made by Americans that is why they are making huge upgrades to future F16. Shifting F16 line to India will ensure more profit while keeping the cost low.

IndianHawk

Country flag
My friend, with all due respect, please do a little research by reading some previous posts and news articles in this thread, secondly, F16 is far more advanced in terms of avionics and systems as compared to Gripen and that is what matters, thirdly, Lockheed will make most of the spares and compinents in india, that is what is meant by "shifting entire production to India". F-16 shouldn't go out of production for quite some time in future because its one of the most proven and competent system ever made by Americans that is why they are making huge upgrades to future F16. Shifting F16 line to India will ensure more profit while keeping the cost low.

Yes they will upgrade it and it will surpass gripen on multiple parameters.
It already has a functional AESA.

I think problem for us shall be it's older design airframe. That will pose serious shortcomings for mid life upgrade or any other block update.
In that regard gripen offers more flexibility.

republic_roi97

Country flag

I think problem for us shall be it's older design airframe. That will pose serious shortcomings for mid life upgrade or any other block update.
That could be a problem, but the thing is that Americans have made it work, the current F-16 is far more superior to old F16s and I think that might be true for the future too, its upgradability is astounding if you notice.

republic_roi97

Country flag
Anyways I am not against gripen too, because of its capabilities, I would be equally happy if gripen is selected, but with F-16, I think that India is getting a better package if you see overall.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag

Any chance India may ask for some airframe modifications?

IndianHawk

Country flag
Any chance India may ask for some airframe modifications?
I guess India will . But then it will take more time .
They are offering something more advanced than what UAE got .

Anyways I am not against gripen too, because of its capabilities, I would be equally happy if gripen is selected, but with F-16, I think that India is getting a better package if you see overall.
I'm not in favor of gripen either.
But we must negotiate the future of f16 as we will be operating it for 40 years :crazy:

Gripen is nothing but a glorified lca.
Atleast f16 has capabilities of a medium weight fighter :biggrin2:

And we will have to sign an iron clad contact about non intervention by USA in any use /upgrade and spare supply.:devil:

republic_roi97

Country flag
I don't know why but I like F-16 very much :biggrin2::lol:. These machines have proven themselves from the times of Dogfight to the time of AESA Beyond Visual Threat and multirole capabilities. These have shot down a lot of russian made jets.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles