Imported Single Engine Fighter Jet Contest

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Most probably due to payload capability and ferry range with external fuel tanks. With Mk2 F414 will consume obviously more fuel than the current power plant.
Wrong assumption, the tw will increase and so as dry thrust, it will be more efficient than GEF404

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Wrong assumption, the tw will increase and so as dry thrust, it will be more efficient than GEF404

yes but also consumes more fuel, althought the thrust compensates it so longer range.
F404-GE-402 consumes 83 kg/kN h, and F414-400 consumes 84 kg/kN h.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
yes but also consumes more fuel, althought the thrust compensates it so longer range.
F404-GE-402 consumes 83 kg/kN h, and F414-400 consumes 84 kg/kN h.
When burned on full steam. Not on dry.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
When burned on full steam. Not on dry.

Yes but F414 400IN whether it comes with Enhanced Durability Engine tech retrofitted or not for improvement in specific fuel consumption well I have never seen any news on that. May be it is included.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Yes but F414 400IN whether it comes with Enhanced Durability Engine tech retrofitted or not for improvement in specific fuel consumption well I have never seen any news on that. May be it is included.
GEF414 gives 8 kN of additional thrust at afterburner than GEF404IN20 with similar dimensions.

Sancho

Looking at partnering with other Indian entities: Swedish Saab
Feb 11, 2018,

...In September last year, Saab and the Adani Group had announced a collaboration in defence manufacturing entailing billions of dollars of investment and said the joint venture would produce Gripen military jets in India if it won the single-engine aircraft deal.

"We are looking at involving other parties, for example, into the Gripen project as well. But it is important to be in the complete ecosystem and you should not put everything into one basket," he said.

Palmberg said Saab was looking at producing a broad portfolio of products in India considering the favourable business climate and policy initiatives of the government to promote defence production in the country.

He indicated Saab's interests in producing radars, unmanned aerial vehicles and futuristic platforms for the Indian armed forces.

"We have to look broadly. We should use the existing network of companies in India in the best possible way. We are also bringing in our international partners," he said.

Palmberg said Saab's association with the Adani Group will continue even if the joint venture fails to bag the deal to produce the single-engine fighter jets for the Indian Air Force...
More at:
https://m.economictimes.com/news/de...ntities-swedish-saab/articleshow/62871702.cms

Pandeyji

Country flag
God....
This SEF thingy has got a life of it's own. Each time you think it is finished it rises up again. Let us hope that this drama entertains us in 2022 too.:yo:

Sancho

God....
This SEF thingy has got a life of it's own. Each time you think it is finished it rises up again. Let us hope that this drama entertains us in 2022 too.:yo:
It can't go away until the government finds any solution for the lack of at least 90 MMRCAs. The requirement can't vanish (it's there for around 16 years now), but it gets only more delayed as long as they fail to take a proper decision.

Pandeyji

Country flag
It can't go away until the government finds any solution for the lack of at least 90 MMRCAs. The requirement can't vanish (it's there for around 16 years now), but it gets only more delayed as long as they fail to take a proper decision.
F16 & Gripen are solutions to a problem which doesn't exist. There is no fighter shortfall & none projected in the future. As soon as we get 36 Rafales we order 36 more or make 72 more, depending on situation.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I just hope they diddle on this MMRCA long enough that Rafale is able to fill it along with AMCA in the future. I am not letting up the hope that this contest crashes and burns. IAF needs to realise that it cannot plan short-term and then keep upgrading plans in the future. IAF needs to plan to be futureproof in its plans.

im enjoying how saab is so fking desperate to sell their garbage:drool::bounce::devil::cruisin2:and one of their agent doing constant slavery here lol
SAAB agent or not, there are people here that do bear a grudge. I recently came across a post from before I joined DFI:-
You could have waited one more month before making your great comeback post.

Timing is not right. And this is not the troll forum were you can keep on dumping BS with known anti tejas trolls like sancho.

So there was justification for your previous ban. Don't worry much about that. Concentrate on making meaningful posts in future.
DISCLAIMER: I did not modify the font in that quote above^^^^^^^^^^
See? Some people just hold a grudge and peddle their agenda with no regard for anything. No offense to anyone in particular.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
F16 & Gripen are solutions to a problem which doesn't exist. There is no fighter shortfall & none projected in the future. As soon as we get 36 Rafales we order 36 more or make 72 more, depending on situation.
"No Fighter Shortfall" seriously we have been short fro Fighter aircraft for Last 15 Years at least. Lets say I started following defense when Vajpayee Ji Named LCA Tejas and if my memory serves me well we have been having serious shortfalls. Today we have a number with us 42 , the number of squad required to defend two fronts. This is the minimum required numbers. Assume we have 32 that means close to 550 Aicrafts. Given the availability % i will assume only 350 are always ready for war. Dont you think that is shortfall?

On Rafale, I am no Rafale Fan and you can call we hawk when it comes to it. Instead of going for more Rafale I will get more Su. Just my views.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Why 90 MMRCA?
This requirement created by IAF has not helped them in any way.
What IAF needs to increase the numbers currently is Force Govt to Pull the switch over ADA DRDO and HAL.
Make HAL deliver on MK1A . Put two assemblies on the current order and Make DRDO ADA deliver MKII by 2025-2026 no later. I might sound stupid of what i am gonna say next but thats what i feel, fire those who do not deliver and even hold IAF top elites responsible if they try and sabotage it.

Meanwhile they can have additional 2-3 Squad of Su and Mig 29. 36 Rafale are gonna come by 2021.
This will buy us enough time to get MKII and AMCA on track and will avoid further diversification of the aircrafts.

Pandeyji

Country flag
"No Fighter Shortfall" seriously we have been short fro Fighter aircraft for Last 15 Years at least. Lets say I started following defense when Vajpayee Ji Named LCA Tejas and if my memory serves me well we have been having serious shortfalls. Today we have a number with us 42 , the number of squad required to defend two fronts. This is the minimum required numbers. Assume we have 32 that means close to 550 Aicrafts. Given the availability % i will assume only 350 are always ready for war. Dont you think that is shortfall?

On Rafale, I am no Rafale Fan and you can call we hawk when it comes to it. Instead of going for more Rafale I will get more Su. Just my views.
By 2025, our fighter fleet strength is projected to increase by atleast a squadron, assuming we don't have any new acquisition and just continue with current plan. My own personal thoughts are that 42 is just a number, nothing else. This many squadrons would've been necessary in 80's but not now (but I still support getting 42 squadrons). As for Rafale, I don't think this the right thread to discuss it; so let us just disagree on that.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Many people in government and IAF casually mention the 45 squadron requirement. Does 45 squadrons seem like a joke? It adds to up to 810 fighter jets minimum. Countries with comparable defence budgets to ours like UK and France only have about 200 modern fighter jets. China with a 250 billion dollar budget still only has 600-700 modern fighters of dubious quality. Here we are with one of the worlds slowest bureaucracies, and extremely slow acquisition process, with a defence budget of 55 billion USD of which the majority goes to salaries and pensions, and we're talking about acquiring a minimum of 400 fighters. How?

Large numbers of LCA mk 2, limited number of FGFA and somehow making AMCA a reality seem to be the only solution. The money that will be spent on single engine fighter should be split between Tejas and AMCA development. And bring in the private sector for both.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Many people in government and IAF casually mention the 45 squadron requirement. Does 45 squadrons seem like a joke? It adds to up to 810 fighter jets minimum. Countries with comparable defence budgets to ours like UK and France only have about 200 modern fighter jets. China with a 250 billion dollar budget still only has 600-700 modern fighters of dubious quality. Here we are with one of the worlds slowest bureaucracies, and extremely slow acquisition process, with a defence budget of 55 billion USD of which the majority goes to salaries and pensions, and we're talking about acquiring a minimum of 400 fighters. How?

Large numbers of LCA mk 2, limited number of FGFA and somehow making AMCA a reality seem to be the only solution. The money that will be spent on single engine fighter should be split between Tejas and AMCA development. And bring in the private sector for both.
Actually this policy is a part of 2.5 front war. And also a part of TOT. They are after tot and not actually any fighter.

Pandeyji

Country flag

The 42 (or 45) squadrons were thought of in 80's when we possesed no air-defence apart from our planes. Now even 33-34 are enough to defend (but we should have 42 for force projection).
As far as SEF is considered it has got only 2 proponents
  1. Lockheed Martin
  2. Saab
IAF & MOD are happy with the way things at going now (though IAF wants more Rafales).

Vinod DX9

Country flag
I don't agree...we can't expect only defensive approch in war...we shpuld not fire first but if we are fired upon we must assure before enemy pulls trigger for second bullet we make our magazime empty on it and reliad fast enough so that friend of enemy doesn't get te to shoot back....

We must ensure...
1) We have fleet large enough to be overwhelm over enemy air defence system
2) Capability to establish aerial dominance defeating enemy air power, so that air to ground attack of us be massive enough to cripple enemy ground forces...this will allow our ground forces to mobilize much faster and will help in facing less trouble
3) When our air force is busy in one front , we should have enough power remain not only to confront healthy fight in another sector but also capability to scramble minimum no of jets in a third minor front

Against just Pakistan we must have 30 Sqrdns dedicated, and 15-16 Sqrdns dedicated to China centric front. 1-2 For minor action . 45 Sqrdns strength is minimum.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles