IDN Archives: Why India Should Dump The FGFA Project?

scatterStorm

Country flag
View attachment 24492
.........................................................................................................................
:facepalm: I knew it, looks like western lobby was successful in us taking F35 too. The IAF RFP recently issues said IWB and stealth features like RAM coatings.

So this means, we need to buy F18 block 3s + F35 jets say ( 2 to 3 squadrons ) worth until they transfer us some tech to build our AMCA.

They are planning to push for war with China so that they could sell us more jets. Gentlemen we are officially being dry humped over.

WolfPack86

Country flag
While India buy SU-35 fighter aircraft or MIG-35 fighter aircraft in order to compensate Russia for FGFA loss.

binayak95

Country flag
:facepalm: I knew it, looks like western lobby was successful in us taking F35 too. The IAF RFP recently issues said IWB and stealth features like RAM coatings.

So this means, we need to buy F18 block 3s + F35 jets say ( 2 to 3 squadrons ) worth until they transfer us some tech to build our AMCA.

They are planning to push for war with China so that they could sell us more jets. Gentlemen we are officially being dry humped over.
Ghanta. I can guarantee the F35 won't be coming to India. That plane is a runaway train ...

binayak95

Country flag
While India buy SU-35 fighter aircraft or MIG-35 fighter aircraft in order to compensate Russia for FGFA loss.
No. We are cutting the Russians off from deals. They've been arm twisting us into paying a tonne of money and backstabbing us by selling the chinkis and now, the porks as well. In fact, to put pressure on us over the FGFA, they sold Su-35s to China. Knowing well, that the tech will get reverse engineered.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
No. We are cutting the Russians off from deals. They've been arm twisting us into paying a tonne of money and backstabbing us by selling the chinkis and now, the porks as well. In fact, to put pressure on us over the FGFA, they sold Su-35s to China. Knowing well, that the tech will get reverse engineered.
If russians keep behaving like an arrogant brat...they can say good bye to Indian Market.

undeadmyrmidon

Reactions: Kay

scatterStorm

Country flag
I think Syrian Air Defence shot down Israeli F35.
IMHO, when trump pitched F18 block 3 as USN current requirement which I believe USN did said yes because well it's a durable plane. I knew something is going on with the F35 program, because lobbyist are trying real hard to push it further to congress, but delays into block 4 of F35 program doesn't give much substantial support to credibility of the jet. While F18s can be said is a proven platform.

It could be said that the Israeli F35 was pulled back after detection, trying to escape a homing SAM but was damaged. This meant it's detectable. Hence Israeli's aren't doing any F35 sorties. Downing of F35 could be a major story, but any reporter would like to get it's hand on evidences as it can make or break there career. Up till now nobody seems to prove it that F35 was shot down. Although F16, some stealth drone over Iran got also shot down.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
So the first 5th gen fighter we will get will be the worst 5th gen fighter in the world (F 35). Great. If not Russia we should have tied up with Japan or South Korea in making a stealth fighter. Im not expecting AMCA to be operational anytime before 2035. We should have bought a modest number of FGFA, maybe 100-120 as a stopgap before AMCA. The J 20 is already in the skies.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
So the first 5th gen fighter we will get will be the worst 5th gen fighter in the world (F 35). Great. If not Russia we should have tied up with Japan or South Korea in making a stealth fighter. Im not expecting AMCA to be operational anytime before 2035. We should have bought a modest number of FGFA, maybe 100-120 as a stopgap before AMCA. The J 20 is already in the skies.
Forget S.Korea. They are puppet state of US. Their politicians will listen what pentagon says. Japan follows the same.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Forget S.Korea. They are puppet state of US. Their politicians will listen what pentagon says. Japan follows the same.
So what? France is also a client state of the US but we bought rafales from them, and jointly made scorpene submarines. Both Japan and S.Korea have started their own 5th gen programs and will need another partner if they want adequate funding and large orders. The two countries will never cooperate with each other in this as the S.Koreans hate the Japs. This is where India can swoop into one of these programs. And US politicians will only have control over their own F 35's. They cannot tell Japan not to cooperate with India when they themselves want to sell us weapons.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
So what? France is also a client state of the US but we bought rafales from them, and jointly made scorpene submarines. Both Japan and S.Korea have started their own 5th gen programs and will need another partner if they want adequate funding and large orders. The two countries will never cooperate with each other in this as the S.Koreans hate the Japs. This is where India can swoop into one of these programs. And US politicians will only have control over their own F 35's. They cannot tell Japan not to cooperate with India when they themselves want to sell us weapons.
France makes her own birds. They aren't getting F-35s.
We must be sane. 5th gen fighter tech is very critical one.
If we are hell bent to buy those F35s , then beofre that we must take pretty numbers of f18 and f16.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
France makes her own birds. They aren't getting F-35s.
We must be sane. 5th gen fighter tech is very critical one.
If we are hell bent to buy those F35s , then beofre that we must take pretty numbers of f18 and f16.
Im saying Japan and SK have separate 5th gen programs apart from F 35. We could have done a joint project in one of those. And I also am not a proponent for buying the F 35.

kunal1123

Country flag
Im saying Japan and SK have separate 5th gen programs apart from F 35. We could have done a joint project in one of those. And I also am not a proponent for buying the F 35.
SK PROGRAM IS OF 4.5 GEN OFFICIALLY AND TECHNICALLY ......
AND JAPAN IS ALREADY LOOKING TO CLOSE DOWN ITS PROJECT UNDER PRESSURE OF USA......

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
So what? France is also a client state of the US.
Sir, I challenge you to a duel... pistols at dawn. 95% domestic defence and 3rd largest arms exporter says otherwise. There are no US troops on French soil. South Korea and Japan are the client states.

I'm saying ROK and Japan don't have the aerospace industry to develop a 5th gen fighter. They are lucky to make a jet trainer with US assistance. If you want to seriously join a stealth fighter programme that isn't dictated from Washington DC, France is the only option. It turned out the Russians were not so stealthy.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Sir, I challenge you to a duel... pistols at dawn. 95% domestic defence and 3rd largest arms exporter says otherwise. There are no US troops on French soil. South Korea and Japan are the client states.

I'm saying ROK and Japan don't have the aerospace industry to develop a 5th gen fighter. They are lucky to make a jet trainer with US assistance. If you want to seriously join a stealth fighter programme that isn't dictated from Washington DC, France is the only option. It turned out the Russians were not so stealthy.
I accept the duel, Frenchman! Now all you have to do is take a flight to Chennai.

In all seriousness, you're right. France seems like the only option now to jointly develop a true stealth air superiority fighter. But if that happens you guys have to live up to your end of the bargain of sharing the core technology, and enabling India to make these jets from scratch at home, and to be able to repair, maintain and modify them without any assistance. India would be quite beneficial to the program because by 2025 our defence budget will be over 100 billion dollars and will reach 180-200 billion by 2030, so there will be an economy of scale when making these fighters.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles