IAF vs PAF in this decade, implications of 26-27th feb events

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
perhaps you are assuming AIM 120 C-5 came close and SU-30 MKI were dodging, which is not the case.

They fired AIM 120 C-5, sure. but the distance between them and SU-30 MKI was quite a bit. SU-30 MKI were over Sri nagar, and F-16 were over Mirpur, that's about 150 KM gap between F-16 and SU-30 MKI.

View attachment 119980
As of now ,we don't exactly know what was the exact Distance between the SU 30 MKI and the F-16s. We can only make Assumptions at This point and thats

You say it is 150 kms ,but some sources say it was 40kms even !some say 60kms , some say 100kms , it is very confusing to me, So it is better that we research more about this and than make a conclusion. But I do have too one thing to say, it was truly an achievement to Evade multiple AMRAAMs. Good day buddy :cool1:

20211115_062821.jpg

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
As of now ,we don't exactly know what was the exact Distance between the SU 30 MKI and the F-16s. We can only make Assumptions at This point and thats

You say it is 150 kms ,but some sources say it was 40kms even !some say 60kms , some say 100kms , it is very confusing to me, So it is better that we research more about this and than make a conclusion. But I do have too one thing to say, it was truly an achievement to Evade multiple AMRAAMs. Good day buddy :cool1:

View attachment 119985
you have RADAR image to rely on.

Super Flanker

Banned
you have RADAR image to rely on.
This radar Images prove that F-16s were airborne that day and we shot one of them down after Abhinandan Varthaman radioed "R-73 selected. These are Static slides which show the Position of F-16s at a particular time , it doesn't show the real time position of F-16s , the F-16s were Moving that day , They were not static ,the time these radar pics were taken showed the f-16s position at That Particular time , but later they moved elsewhere. Hope you understand what I am Trying to say buddy. Good day :cool1: .
_89503716_gettyimages-455506520.jpg

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
This sort of even a small conflict can teach the armed forces many lessons. Kargil taught us so many things. 27th February and Galwan also taught us many things. Galwan has imposed a big security cost on us. Unless, we make it more costlier for China, I will consider it a victory for China. Unless we take an aggressive posture, we will always remain looser as no war can be war with defensive posture. We must keep that guessing. They must remain in fear.

Super Flanker

Banned
Unfortunately, we will have to wait decades for official records to be released for public.
Yes you are right in that sense, we will have to wait for some time for The Officials records to be released to the public. By that Time , Pakistan will most probably have accepted that it lost an f16 to a mig 21 on 27th February ( as seen in Kargil where they denied that their soldiers were actually even involved in Kargil, but after 10 years , they accepted it, so I am guessing after 10-15 years , a retired Pak General will write in his Book on how an f16 was shot down by a mig 21 that day). Good day

Floydian

Country flag
Honestly speaking. On 27th February. I feel like we had a lack in BVR, no offense but I feel like Pak Fizaya Airforce had an Advantage over us in BVR with their AIM 120C 5 Missiles. We should have been having better BVR capability than them that Day but we didn't. I feel like it was a Failure on our side that we were lacking BVR ,where were we?We should have known that we should have acquired BVR equal to or better than PAF , PAF had Bought AIM 120C 5 because they were going to use them some day against us, and not keep them for some show ,I feel like we were caught napping that day , our Indian airforce should have anticipated that PAF will use those Missiles Against us one day ,our R-77s proved to be a dud. I hope we rectify our Short comings. Good day.(If I am wrong anywhere, than please correct me)
+1

Super Flanker

Banned
I meant i completely agree with what you have mentioned regarding is not being proactive and upgrading our A2A arsenal.
Ok.Thank you and it is a Fact that we were lacking in BVR that day. Hope Indian airforce learnt its lessons and won't repeat the same in the future. Good day

Super Flanker

Banned
Guys ,who is this Christine Fair? Porkis are saying that she Rejected our F-16 claim on our face? Is it true?

Tang

Country flag
Honestly speaking. On 27th February. I feel like we had a lack in BVR, no offense but I feel like Pak Fizaya Airforce had an Advantage over us in BVR with their AIM 120C 5 Missiles. We should have been having better BVR capability than them that Day but we didn't. I feel like it was a Failure on our side that we were lacking BVR ,where were we?We should have known that we should have acquired BVR equal to or better than PAF , PAF had Bought AIM 120C 5 because they were going to use them some day against us, and not keep them for some show ,I feel like we were caught napping that day , our Indian airforce should have anticipated that PAF will use those Missiles Against us one day ,our R-77s proved to be a dud. I hope we rectify our Short comings. Good day.(If I am wrong anywhere, than please correct me)
Nope, I will write about it later.

Covfefe

Country flag
Guys ,who is this Christine Fair? Porkis are saying that she Rejected our F-16 claim on our face? Is it true?
She is a great academician and her expertise includes- Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, and she specializes in Establishment strategies of the Pak Army. She has spent over a decade in Af-Pak-India, and can read, write and speak- Dari, Pashto, Urdu, Punjabi, and Hindi- no small feat by any chance.
Ideologically she is a staunch liberal and feminist- 'woke' in common parlances.

But really military and defence technologies is just not her area- it was a pure stupid argument put by her. I can understand when someone says that they do not believe in the radar screen images released by the IAF, but when your logic of rejection stays on the fact that "Radars work on doppler technologies and the waves reflect in the mountains. the blip you saw on the radar screen was not f16 or any fighter jet for that matter"- you lose credibility. LoC is a highly contested region, there are ground-based radars, there were radars of Sukhois in the air and then there was AWACS- all were hallucinating due to some waves reflecting off mountains? Not to mention the visual accounts, radio intercepts of Pakis and IA, and the missing "doosra banda". Her denial of Balakot bombing was also based on some report by an Australian site- which was point by point debunked by Col Vinayak Bhat sir-with basic kinematics. This gives an important lesson- whether or not one stays in them one must know one's lane.

maximus777

Country flag
IAF and the Indian govts (both NDA and UPA) effed up big time. The AIM 120C arrived in Pakistan somewhere in 2010-11 apparently to combat some nutters who were flying UFOs in NWFP!! So for 8+ years they held the edge over us in BVR!! Given the reality that there will never be a prolonged war between the nuke powers but a short sharp conflict is always a possibility, IAF started off on the backfoot. This position is unacceptable and IAF leadership/babus/politicos should have been held accountable. But then "we are like this only" :rage:

Considering the IAF's edge in BVR is what kept PAF out of conflict in Kargil and IA could go on about its business unhindered, makes it even more unpardonable. :facepalm:

Regardless of Abhinandan's heroics/F16 kill or not, the FACT is we were surprised, outgunned and lost valuable lives and aircraft (Mig21 + Mi17). Due to this my trust in IAF is shaken and I hope they prove me wrong in the next such event.

Super Flanker

Banned
IAF and the Indian govts (both NDA and UPA) effed up big time. The AIM 120C arrived in Pakistan somewhere in 2010-11 apparently to combat some nutters who were flying UFOs in NWFP!! So for 8+ years they held the edge over us in BVR!! Given the reality that there will never be a prolonged war between the nuke powers but a short sharp conflict is always a possibility, IAF started off on the backfoot. This position is unacceptable and IAF leadership/babus/politicos should have been held accountable. But then "we are like this only" :rage:

Considering the IAF's edge in BVR is what kept PAF out of conflict in Kargil and IA could go on about its business unhindered, makes it even more unpardonable. :facepalm:

Regardless of Abhinandan's heroics/F16 kill or not, the FACT is we were surprised, outgunned and lost valuable lives and aircraft (Mig21 + Mi17). Due to this my trust in IAF is shaken and I hope they prove me wrong in the next such event.
Yes man , you are right about that , I felt like it was a Failure on the side of our Armed forces to be honest nonetheless. We can't match Pakistan in BVR and yet we are dreaming of Fighting a two front war with Pakistan And China. Our IAF was sleeping all these years. I find it hard to believe that an Adversary like Pakistan had better BVR capability than us At that time. A failure on the side of our armed forces. We messed up big time That Day Buddy and it was a failure on our side
That Day to be honest.

And I am Disappointed about it. Hopefully our armed forces rectify our mistakes and such things won't happen in the near Future :cool1:
:rage:

About Abhinandan Varthaman Shooting Down an f16 before himself going down ,well That is a Reality. He did shoot down that F-16 that day and we are proud of him for That Fact always.

Anyways lastly I hope that Indian airforce learnt its lessons and won't do the same mistakes in the Future hopefully. Let's hope for the best

:india2:

Both Airforces learnt some valuable lessons that day. Good day

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Banned
She is a great academician and her expertise includes- Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, and she specializes in Establishment strategies of the Pak Army. She has spent over a decade in Af-Pak-India, and can read, write and speak- Dari, Pashto, Urdu, Punjabi, and Hindi- no small feat by any chance.
Ideologically she is a staunch liberal and feminist- 'woke' in common parlances.

But really military and defence technologies is just not her area- it was a pure stupid argument put by her. I can understand when someone says that they do not believe in the radar screen images released by the IAF, but when your logic of rejection stays on the fact that "Radars work on doppler technologies and the waves reflect in the mountains. the blip you saw on the radar screen was not f16 or any fighter jet for that matter"- you lose credibility. LoC is a highly contested region, there are ground-based radars, there were radars of Sukhois in the air and then there was AWACS- all were hallucinating due to some waves reflecting off mountains? Not to mention the visual accounts, radio intercepts of Pakis and IA, and the missing "doosra banda". Her denial of Balakot bombing was also based on some report by an Australian site- which was point by point debunked by Col Vinayak Bhat sir-with basic kinematics. This gives an important lesson- whether or not one stays in them one must know one's lane.
She is Just a Lockheed Martin Supporter ,she won't admit that an Inferior mig 21 shot down an f16 That day. It will affect its sales.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles