IAF Mirage 2000

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Our crazy nationalists reared their stupid ugly heads again in the 1990s when they decided the kick out the US military from their bases in the country, both close to the SCS areas being grabbed by China. I'm sure that had the USN and USAF Znot beeh kicked off China would not dare move into out EEZ. In fact, China immedistely moved into our EEZ after US bases closed in the 90's. F#cking stupid nationalism!
Feel for you, hope some good guy can come in power.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sorry for OT.

The dominanat religion in the Philippes pre-Spanish times from Luzon, Visayas to Mindanao was Islam while some ethic groups were wrshiping trees and other dieties. My great ancestors from Visayas region were non-Islam warriots. They were the first to convert to Christianity and they defeated (the Spanish were only less than a hundred) the main Islamic Sultan in Manila. So the Philippines is now non-Islamic due to my ancesrors. I'm eternally grateful to them for it.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Feel for you, hope some good guy can come in power.
Change will come slow to Philippines in Gov. Most of our military officials, civil servants and politicians grew up and trained by Marcos. The vast majority of them are corrupt and pea-brained. Whatever economic growth hapoening in the country is mostly due to private businesses fending for themselves.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Nobody but France paid for the development cost for rafale. The unit price paid by India,qatar is close to OEM price paid by France per unit of manufacturing, meaning they pay zilch towards the dev. cost. Even if France buys 250 rafale, they spent $25B on development, so each jet costs $100M(dev)+$100M(manufacturing) without including any spare parts etc.
For the last time, I explained you that the total cost for 286 planes (target reached so far with export) was estimated in 2014 to less than 47 € billions.

Flying Dagger

Country flag

From 2010, Related to this thread ..
A clear corrupt deal in terms of cost 45+ million dollar for the fucking upgrade with no AESA no meteor integration no engine upgrade add to that the issue with flight computer of Dassault which caused two crash resulting in death of pilots.

Nevermind we will be continued to be ripped off unless we stand on our own feet.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Dear Sir Opened a can of worms and others in the ring made him a scapegoat..

A clear corrupt deal in terms of cost 45+ million dollar for the fucking upgrade with no AESA no meteor integration no engine upgrade add to that the issue with flight computer of Dassault which caused two crash resulting in death of pilots.

Nevermind we will be continued to be ripped off unless we stand on our own feet.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
MICA is overhyped one of the reason IAF is going for ASRAAM and meteor combo ..meteor will cost 2.4 million a piece i think or may be less.

Total ripoff

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
MICA is overhyped one of the reason IAF is going for ASRAAM and meteor combo ..meteor will cost 2.4 million a piece i think or may be less.

Total ripoff
Over 5000 Mica missiles have been produced, of which 3500 were exports. If it was so bad it wouldn't be so widely used. IAF just ordered 500 of them, are you calling them out?

Bhurki

Over 5000 Mica missiles have been produced, of which 3500 were exports. If it was so bad it wouldn't be so widely used. IAF just ordered 500 of them, are you calling them out?
Only 500 because they cost a fortune.
How do you explain them costing $1Billion?

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Don't forget the 6600 crore for 490 MICA.
Thats $2 million for a MRAAM.!
AMRAAM D for comparison costs $1.8M and is a LRAAM.
Once again, no one forced India to ink the deal.
And this onformation was well known when you choose and order Rafale.

Maybe because the french missile are most efficient? (at least the Magic 2 used by the Greek Mirage 2000 to shoot a Turquish F16 was efficient, not the case of that brand new AIM9X fired unsuccessfully du a SH18 on a poor old Syrian Sukhoi)

Bhurki

higher pk than AMRAAM.
less easy to jam.
Amraam flies to twice the range.
I'll take a missile that can shoot down an aircraft at 80km with low PK than a missile that can't even reach that range.
Maybe because the french missile are most efficient?
What secret sauce does French has? They might make a missile thats 10% better but they price it 100% higher. And they can get away with it, because they don't really have to embroil themselves in any conflict alone. They can rely on their 'big daddy' for the heavy work while showing off their LVMH boutique made missiles. Economies of scale matter when a country goes to war.
A missile with PK 0.9 is always worse than two missiles with pk as low as 0.7

Last edited:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Amraam flies to twice the range.
I'll take a missile that can shoot down an aircraft at 80km with low PK than a missile that can't even reach that range.

What secret sauce does French has? They might make a missile thats 10% better but they price it 100% higher. And they can get away with it, because they don't really have to embroil themselves in any conflict alone. They can rely on their 'big daddy' for the heavy work while showing off their LVMH boutique made missiles. Economies of scale matter when a country goes to war.
A missile with PK 0.9 is always worse than two missiles with pk as low as 0.7
MICA is a 80km range missile, according to MBDA. At least one target was destroyed up to 67km in the late 90's by a Taiwan M2000. You can't imagine MICA don't evolved as AMRAAM...

French special sauce?
- a missile existing with 2 differents seekers, complicating the counter measures from the ennemy.
- a missile using long chord wings, for a longer range.
- a missile with a thrust vectorised motor, able to be a real short range high agility missile.
- a missile with a specialy accuate seeker (exercise missile currently hit the target) so the warhead is maller than AMRAAM one.

Agree with you about Qty versus pk.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
It will not be a great millesime for 737 MAX. Even if some have negotiated a very discount price so as to slightly improve the Boeing back log.
Airbus planes are more comfortable than boeings of the same class.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles