IAF Mirage 2000

ym888

Well I dont know much about Drones and AI Technology but I would think that the Chinese Definitely have an edge over the Russians in these fields.

Now coming to 5th generation jets, I don't think so that the Chinese have an edge over the Russians, this needs further research, if you can prove me that the J-20 is Superior to the SU-57, you are most welcome.
Everyone have their opinion,

I also heard rafale is superior to J20. From India, of course.

I'm not trying to convince anyone, it's just my opinion

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/a...n-worldwide-how-do-their-performances-compare

ym888

Engines, air to air missiles, SAMs, radar, submarine technology, etc not yet. Fifth generation fighters we have no idea what the level of stealth is like on those fighters, making something look like an F 35 doesn't make it one, so can't conclude. AI too we don't know what China has or doesn't have apart from pamphlets and speculative papers. Drones, yes, China is ahead.

Anyway we might see soon enough since there are increasing rumblings about actual war against Taiwan.
air to air missiles, China and Russia are on the same level.

And don't worry, the Taiwan Strait will remain calm

ym888

I'm talking about the fabled Taiwan invasion which Xi Jinping keeps chest thumping about, which you said won't happen, so I guess it's all bluster.

BTW, some random website with "top 7" air to air missiles is your source? LOL come on.
I read a lot of military websites

I don't take a source as truth

Because I have my own brain, which not everyone has.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
I read a lot of military websites

I don't take a source as truth

Because I have my own brain, which not everyone has.
You were the one citing it as some sort of "source". If I was citing something it would at least be a proper paper or report. Jury's out on your final sentence.

ym888

You were the one citing it as some sort of "source". If I was citing something it would at least be a proper paper or report. Jury's out on your final sentence.
So what's your comment on Chinese air-to-air missiles,

Please show us the source. Thank you

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
So what's your comment on Chinese air-to-air missiles,

Please show us the source. Thank you
Chinese quality overall, including missiles, gyroscopes, radars etc

Defective critical components, poor service from Chinese manufacturers give nightmares to Pakistani Navy – ThePrint – ANIFeed

China has even relied on Ukraine for various military tech

China is close to Russia, but it has looked to Ukraine for military technology | South China Morning Post (scmp.com)

ym888

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
This report is auto-generated from ANI news service. ThePrint holds no responsibility for its content.

Popular articles in Indian media

I also want to see about air-to-air missiles
You can't even produce proper gyroscopes as shown, and expect people to believe your AAM's are upto even Russian quality. LOL.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
So that article popular in Indian media is your source

Now I understand
"The Vice Chief of Naval Staff, Pakistan Navy, expressed great concern over the issue to the head of the shipping company and asked to be compensated for the loss of operational time.

An equally serious deficiency noticed in PNS Zulfiqar, the first Chinese frigate to be commissioned, was the NG 16 single barrel 76mm gun mounted on it.

The gun, equipped to engage other ships and aircraft and defend against anti-ship missiles, developed numerous faults in the mechanical and electrical parts, severely limiting its utility."

Straight from the horse's mouth. Read the article, it has cited sources. Now Pakistan navy chief is also not a satisfactory source?

"The Chinese firm admitted that the fault was caused by defective Gimball Assembly motors. These motors were yet to be repaired or replaced, endangering the ship’s berthing operations. "

ym888

"The Vice Chief of Naval Staff, Pakistan Navy, expressed great concern over the issue to the head of the shipping company and asked to be compensated for the loss of operational time.

An equally serious deficiency noticed in PNS Zulfiqar, the first Chinese frigate to be commissioned, was the NG 16 single barrel 76mm gun mounted on it.

The gun, equipped to engage other ships and aircraft and defend against anti-ship missiles, developed numerous faults in the mechanical and electrical parts, severely limiting its utility."

Straight from the horse's mouth. Read the article, it has cited sources.
is there a source from Pakistani media

thank you

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
I took a look at all the headlines about China on this site and roughly determined his political position.

I would like to hear from Pakistan to ensure authenticity.
Hmm. Actually finding it difficult to find pakistani sources on this. There's a similar report on deficiencies on Chinese ships for the Malaysian navy. Jane's report.

Malaysia tallies deficiencies observed on first Keris-class littoral mission ship (janes.com)

Main deficiencies are the sensors and combat systems. Same problems will carry through for defence equipment supplied to Pakistan.

ym888

Hmm. Actually finding it difficult to find pakistani sources on this. There's a similar report on deficiencies on Chinese ships for the Malaysian navy. Jane's report.

Malaysia tallies deficiencies observed on first Keris-class littoral mission ship (janes.com)

Main deficiencies are the sensors and combat systems.

So you can look at this
https://**********/pdf/threads/f22p-frigates-a-nightmare-for-pn.744729/

The issue is discussed on Pakistani military forums

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles