IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

captscooby81

Country flag
I heard Air Chief B S Dhanoa in his Indian today conclave interview saying that pakis fired their AMRAAM from DMAX and turned back . I don't know the exact technical details of DMAX in BVR but that sounded to me like pakis were forced to turn back by our air defence fighters and that might be the reason why they were not able to accomplish with the mission they had planned on that day and dropping their bombs away from targets .

He also very clearly said lets not worry about what pakis say as they are the ones who disowned their own soldiers in kargil and indian armed forces given them proper burial and then after few years the Ex General and president writes a book and then says those were NLI soldiers who they didn't bother to even give proper respect after sacrificing their lives.It's in their genes to lie like this so lets not worry to much about the dead paki pilot

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
Isn't it possible to match 11 digit partial serial number of r-73 against full 13 digit ones? There can be only 100 combinations of last 2 digits.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I heard Air Chief B S Dhanoa in his Indian today conclave interview saying that pakis fired their AMRAAM from DMAX and turned back . I don't know the exact technical details of DMAX in BVR but that sounded to me like pakis were forced to turn back by our air defence fighters and that might be the reason why they were not able to accomplish with the mission they had planned on that day and dropping their bombs away from targets .

He also very clearly said lets not worry about what pakis say as they are the ones who disowned their own soldiers in kargil and indian armed forces given them proper burial and then after few years the Ex General and president writes a book and then says those were NLI soldiers who they didn't bother to even give proper respect after sacrificing their lives.It's in their genes to lie like this so lets not worry to much about the dead paki pilot
DMAX - Dynamic Maximum Attack Zone (Maximum effective kill range)

LMAX - Maximum dbA (Noise level)

Neptune

Country flag
Wait what? A video? There was a video?

He is probably confusing the Mig-21 wreckage?

There was, however, a video on PDF that was posted reportedly showing Pakistani military trucks hauling away what was claimed to be the Mig-21 wreckage.

Foxbat

Country flag
Isn't the guy on mic is the same one who was claiming SU-30 has been shot down on 27 FEB ?

Here it is

I don't understand how people here are believing this video. It's clearly a doctored video, the headline below reads"F-16 Jet shot down, 3 km inside PoK".

Why would the headline below and the news reporter say the opposite?
See how the reporter randomly starts shaking his right hand when he says "Sukhoi Su-30MKI", thats where the video has been edited.

It's posted on Youtube by "Pakistan Explorer" with the description "Indian Media once again exposed by Pakistan. In this Video the anchor says that SU-30 shot down APF jet but later they said it was mig-30 which means that infact both of those jets were shot down by PAF."

So the description contradicts the doctored video and talks about a Mig-30 which doesn't exist!

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

24 paki jets being turned away by just 8 Indian jets is very good news. It shows the technological capability we have, and the extreme fear and low morale that their pilots have. It means all that propaganda has not really convinced actual paki servicemen. On top of this we have absolute numerical superiority. I'm sure this phenomenon applies to all fields of war, whether on land or at sea. The Indian military is far superior in quality than the pakis.

ashdoc

Country flag
Reading 'Securing India the Modi way'---a book on India's security written by Nitin A Gokhale. Following are photos taken of pages describing the air battle on February 27 . The main thing I learnt while reading this book is that wing commander Abhinandan chose to ignore the ground controller's warning about the f 16s and continued to press on towards them .

20190924_001326_resized.jpg

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Again, with their lies, pakistan army jernails and kernails will ruin whatever is left of already bankrupt pakistan. They are so corrupt that to retain power they can lose wars and deny their own martyrs any last repects. Once they have looted pakistan dry, these elite class punjabis and jernails will abandon pakistan and leave for their families in the west!

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I have a question.

Apparently, one F-16 of PAF actually did dogfight with our Su-30MKI and Mig-21 flown by Wing Cdr Abhinandan as it tried to attack our Army establishments and ammo dump.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...-dogfight-minute-by-minute-1472548-2019-03-07

One Indian Air Force Sukhoi Su-30 and one MiG-21 Bison engage this F-16 in a dogfight manoeuvre called "defensive split". The two Indian jets trap the Pakistani jet in between them -- the MiG 21 flies in front while the Su-30 chases the F-16 from behind, firing at it. The F-16 is forced to flee using a dog fight manoeuvre called "wingover"
So, my question is, how the hell did it escape? Both Su - 30 and Mig 21 has HMD cued with R-73 (off-boresight 60deg attack limit). Moreover, lets say it made some mad maneuvers somehow beating even the Su - 30, but then it turned tail and escaped, with Wing Cdr Abhinandan tail chasing him. Anyone familiar with air warfare will know, heat-seeking missiles never have better lock than in tail chase mode. Why didn't he fire, and let it escape back to Pakistan?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I have a question.

Apparently, one F-16 of PAF actually did dogfight with our Su-30MKI and Mig-21 flown by Wing Cdr Abhinandan as it tried to attack our Army establishments and ammo dump.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...-dogfight-minute-by-minute-1472548-2019-03-07

So, my question is, how the hell did it escape? Both Su - 30 and Mig 21 has HMD cued with R-73 (off-boresight 60deg attack limit). Moreover, lets say it made some mad maneuvers somehow beating even the Su - 30, but then it turned tail and escaped, with Wing Cdr Abhinandan tail chasing him. Anyone familiar with air warfare will know, heat-seeking missiles never have better lock than in tail chase mode. Why didn't he fire, and let it escape back to Pakistan?
But we are missing the fundamental part. Why didn't 2 vs 1 defensive split, that too one of them Su-30MKI was not able to shoot down the F-16 ?

Neptune

Country flag
I have a question.

That article is crap, it mentions an “SU-16” and a mig-21 possibly being hit by artillery. Nothing to take seriously.

armyofhind

Country flag
But we are missing the fundamental part. Why didn't 2 vs 1 defensive split, that too one of them Su-30MKI was not able to shoot down the F-16 ?
As per the article mentions, the MKI was tasked with protection of the oil installation. So probably it was loitering around that facility.

Because as the article itself mentions, the MKI was tasked with protecting the oil installation. So it pulled back to loiter around the same installation.

One of the other things which this article has completely ignored is that when aircraft are on BARCAP, as is the case here, they are under really tight control by GCI or AWACS, whichever is applicable as per the situation. Because obviously, the GCI or AWACS controller has a much clearer view of the overall evolving situation.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
I have a question.

The Su-16 stops chasing the F-16 and hovers around the oil field in order to guard it. The MiG-21 Bison, being flown by Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, gives the F-16 chase. The F-16 is flying out of territory and Wing Commander Abhinandan 'locks' F-16 with an R-73 air-to-air missile
This was given below the comment or point you made.
Meaning big brother stayed back to guard the house because house was important and sent small brother to take care of the bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles