IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryphus-scarface

Country flag
you have mentioned countries that helped india in masood case.without american permission,nobody can ban anyone.americans are now on your side that's why you feel great.americans are taking revenge from pakistan.they think afghanistan will be solved after their withdrawal.withdrawal is humiliating for americans.they will do everything that can hurt pakistan that's why they joined hands with india but don't trust them.they only work for their own interest.
You are selectively picking points and putting words into my mouth. I never said anything about being proud that the US is on our side. The question is why is the same proof good enough for US, UK, France and Germany, but not for Pakistan?

Don't blame US. France was with us on this the whole time. UK also helped. Why is Pakistan so adamant in insisting that Masood is not a terrorist, despite the evidence?

gryphus-scarface

Country flag
recent tension is not escalated by pakistan.why you blame us for everything? india started escalation by violating pakistani airspace during balakot incident.it's not us who are escalating.you don't send mujahadeen.i mean this is common sense.bsf is patrolling every inch on your side.how can we send weapons and armed men to your side? and rdx used in pulwama was too heavy to be shifted from pakistan to your side.i mean at least accept few points.
Pulwama was done by a terrorist organisation headed in Pakistan. JeM took credit for the attack. JeM cheif is in Pakistan. Pakistan protects the JeM chief, by claiming he isn't a terrorist. Now tell me who is the real agressor here? Pakistan is waging a proxy war.

India figured that nothing would happen. Pakistan was claiming there was no evidence. So we bombed the terrorist hideout. Pakistan then "retalliated" by attempting to bomb India's military bases. In what world is military base = terrorist training facility? In what world is India the aggressor?

indiatester

Country flag
recent tension is not escalated by pakistan.why you blame us for everything? india started escalation by violating pakistani airspace during balakot incident.it's not us who are escalating.you don't send mujahadeen.i mean this is common sense.bsf is patrolling every inch on your side.how can we send weapons and armed men to your side? and rdx used in pulwama was too heavy to be shifted from pakistan to your side.i mean at least accept few points.
Arsalan, you won't understand. Your teaching from childhood involves hating "idolators", "kafirs" etc. You are taught to hate others you won't even know that what your book teaches is cruelty and hatred.

Its easier for both of us to say nothing happened in Balakot. We only hit trees.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Hope you actually reply & not just ignore me because you can't argue.
Sir we aren't enemy of India.
You were created to be enemy of India and sole possible way to make your country survive is to keep yourself enemy. The day there is peace, partition of India will reverse.
nobody wants war.
No, we want it. Lot of Indians want it. A decisive war with significant casualties at once only will prevent daily casualties in terror attacks.
Nothing bad in it.
i think we can solve our problems.
By start to undoing British partition. Pakistan needs to surrender it's military and handover its security to India becoming a semi protectorate of India.

In long term, Indian education system will help to reverse brainwashing and reintegration with Indian Union.
i don't care about other countries
Your country doesn't agree with you. They are again and again trying to involve other countries despite our objections.
but you should come to the table.
We had been sitting there till 2014. Nothing happened, only more blood to India civies.

Now, we came across border and things start to fall in line. It works!
problem is when you come to the table, something big always happens in India.
Coz laton ke bhoot baton se nahi mante. You slowly start to legtimize those people and they cause trouble.

Kashmir dispute isn't about Jammu & Kashmir with India. Kashmir dispute is only about Aksai Chin, Gilgit & Baltistan and so called AJK. Rest of territory is undisputed.
pakistan can't control your Kashmir but you can.
You control the groups who cause those "big" things.
why always blame us.
It's you guys who used to proudly take credit even before we accuse you.:D

Now, your country is screwed in all fronts and you have to be silent. Only that is the difference.
we know there are groups but we have no proof against them except some stupid videos of promising attack on India.
Their bodies or them being caught in India is more than enough of proof.

Since you guys never take action against those "stupid" people you claim not to be your representatives, it raises further suspicions. You guys are called terrorists' safe heaven for a very good reason.
now Masood Azhar is also terrorist
What? He's a hero in Pakistan. Your establishment was defending him. In fact, all terrorists are.
You put the posters of Osama written with "alive" after his encounter.
but there was no mention of him using pakistani soil to Target india.
Don't worry, slowly this will add up too.
As India rises to a powerful position on globe, our point of view will become the point of view of globe eventually.
it was our diplomatic failure but again,how can we solve our problems when indian government wants end of terrorism first!
Do what Indian government wants. End terrorism, simple is that.
indian foreign policy is now very aggressive and very hostile towards pakistan.
India's policy is actually sane now. Any normal country with self respect would do this what's India's doing right now.

Problem was our pseudo secular Muslim apologizer left wing government who was giving so many exemptions to enemies inside and outside our home.
Right Wing will teach them to fall in line and remind them their real aukaat!
arun jaitley even said that India will urge fatf to blacklist pakistan.i mean this is too much.
This isn't much in anyway.
Pakistan needs to be weakened and brought to knees for international security. Existence of Pakistan is the root of problems of even people living in it.

It needs to get colonized to be reintegrated with India in future or disintegrated into smaller states. Only then we will have peace.
Problem is when you say kargil,we say siachen.
And then rewind the clock back even before Siachen and find that you backstabbed us on table everytime.

And then we realize that what we are doing isn't wrong.
when we say Kashmir,you say terrorism.
You have no say in Kashmir. Pakistan invaded Kashmir to annex it, India integrated Kashmir in it.
when you say integral,we say disputed.
UN resolution 48 doesn't recognize Pakistani controlled part as legal FYI.

Your say doesn't matter either. You are a country carved out of India on religious lines. Term "Pakistanization" refers to division of society itself.

Islam is an Arabic religion and has no right on Kashmir.
how can we hand over to them when their is no proof against them in pakistani courts?
It's failure of your courts who don't even take their own boasting videos and murders of witnesses as enough proof.

They are our criminals. Send them to our courts.
Only way to move forward is to understand problems and try to solve it together rather than dogfights.
You mean to move on from attrition war to full scale war?
Because talks haven't given anything.
i mean you still fly migs and we still fly f-7s.
Besides MiGs, I don't think that we have anything vintage in our inventory. These are oldest fighters of IAF.

Pakistan on other hand, has its entire fleet obsolete as per IAF standards except 70 odd F-16s.
terrible for this region.look at europe.
India accounts for 65% area, 75% population and 80% economy of the region.
  1. Damage to any other country doesn't country make difference to region.
  2. Harm to India what Pakistan can do can't make that difference.
  3. Damageed Pakistan doesn't make any difference to region.
  4. Damage India receives doesn't make much difference to it. Hence, not even region.
Case closed.
look at Americans.look at their progress! We both are left behind.
Only you are failing. We have been growing very fast catching up with them for last 30 years. In upcoming decades, India will be in a position to even match US, Russia & China.
Gap between India & Pakistan is growing.
even if Pakistan forget Kashmir,local hizbul mujahadeen will continue attacks on you and you will blame Pakistan again.this is bizarre.we don't give locals weapons.
If you really forget them, their funding will die and they will collapse.
However, till the time they exist.
You created the problem. So, you are responsible for what they do.
Sir there are feelings for kashmir.it is something that everyone here feels.
Your feelings exist for Muslims, not Kashmir. You guys don't ever talk about Kashmiri Hindus. Real people of that region.
i don't know exactly what it's but we don't want fighting in your Kashmir.
Then you wouldn't even have created those groups. Right now you are pulling yourself out of Kashmir quagmire because you can't fight against India.
With every single day passing on, gap between India & Pakistan is rising to a level pushing you to backfoot.
yes groups are a big problem.their videos and their promises in videos are something that we need to look into.also there are so many madrassas.some from Shia sect and more from wahhabi saudia Arabia.they have destroyed us.recently we have announced to monitor these madrassas.we are also sick and tired of these people.jehad is not proxy.jehad is do or die.it is like a war,either you win or not.there is one problem in indian kashmir.
In short, Islam is the problem and hurts peace everywhere in the world.
youth in your Kashmir are fighting against state
The "state" soldiers opposing them are also Kashmiris FYI.
and providing them weapons is almost impossible because your army is also patrolling border so I don't know exactly how they get all the weapons.
Not really, there are certain areas from where infiltration happens. Its impossible to completely control such a long border. However, India is boosting surveillance lately.
india should also think that why locals attacking them?
  1. Because they are Muslims.
  2. They are sponsored by Pakistani ISI.

This is not Pakistani sponsored.
oh really, then why it didn't exist before 80s. Why Kashmir with India was so peaceful for 3 decades of freedom?

Why no separatism was here before "bleeding India to thousand cuts" doctrine.
i mean we don't want tension in Kashmir but how can we stop groups is a big question.
No worries.
We have come to know it and we are doing this. By weakening Pakistan down to knees, the mother of problems in the region.
you have mentioned countries that helped india in masood case.without american permission,nobody can ban anyone.americans are now on your side that's why you feel great.
Americans were openly hostile to us for 50 years. It's only our growing strength that made then soft their stance and our conflicts China to review them their policy.

They still are not comfortable with us. We still have differences where we quarrel. Follow this thread out of your echo chamber.
americans are taking revenge from pakistan.they think afghanistan will be solved after their withdrawal.withdrawal is humiliating for americans.
Americans don't give a damn about Afghanistan issue. They feel like staying there is too costly and doesn't serve them anymore. So they are leaving.

Their mission was to push back Soviet influence and thanks to Pakistan, who caused millions if deaths with its Taliban and totally destabilized that country that no country is ready to invest in Afghanistan.

After US leaves, Pakistan will open its terror factories in Afghanistan like it keeps in itself to use them against India.
That also explains why India is getting so assertive, aggressive & bold now.
they will do everything that can hurt pakistan
Feel important, you don't have any value before them. You even matter only till they are in Afghanistan. The day theh withdraw, you'll lose favours. The day India snatches PoK from you, cutting you off from China, they won't even keep any relations with you.
that's why they joined hands with india
They joined hands with India to have one more friend in east like Japan and not having one more enemy in the east like China.
Seriously, they don't need to join hands with us to do anything against you. They can declare you terrorists state, force others not to keep relations with you like Iran. Or they could simply hit you like Iraq & Syria citing terrorism or persecution of weak communities.
but don't trust them.they only work for their own interest.
Whom are you telling that? Tell that to Americans. :biggrin2:
We are baniyas and we are bigger opportunists than them.
recent tension is not escalated by pakistan.why you blame us for everything? india started escalation by violating pakistani airspace during balakot incident.it's not us who are escalating.you don't send mujahadeen.i mean this is common sense.
India maintains that it hit a terror camp and not Pakistani civilian and military entities.

If you cite sovereignity for protest, you are also directly saying that you control them.

I mean stay on one side of argument. When you said India doesn't control them, India hit them themselves. But you came crying sovereignity then.
bsf is patrolling every inch on your side.how can we send weapons and armed men to your side? and rdx used in pulwama was too heavy to be shifted from pakistan to your side.i mean at least accept few points.
They are doing it now as surveillance has been intensified recently.
The explosive was accumulated gradually in Kashmir.
The only point I'm ready to accept that local Muslims were also involved.

Last edited:

Tang

Country flag
i thought u r sane pakistani,
But now it seems otherwise.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Paki fools believe that Pakistan was created as a theocratic State. Absolute No. Pakistan was created by the British and Jinnah was a British bootlicker. Jinnah was not even a practicing Muslim.

British intentionally divided India into two equal parts (by economy size). The Hindu majority and Muslim majority stuff was just a ruse.

As I said before, Pakistan is back door for re-entry of British empire into South Asia. Unfortunately for British, they faced a constant decline after 1947 and no longer have military power to control South Asia. While Pakistan's economy has dropped from almost equal in 1947 to one tenth of India now.

Pakistan is a case study of how a country can mismanage its economy.

itsme

Country flag
@Arsalan123 Dont lie please. 90% Pakis believe in Ghazwa-e-hind and you telling me Pakis want peace with India? Even if Kashmir issue is solved all it takes is 25% Pakis to believe in ghazwa and you will find thousands of Pakis lining up to do suicide attacks in India for their religion and god with covert help from PA. All we are doing is defending ourselves.

Enquirer

Firstly BSF/IA cannot patrol 'every inch' of border/LOC. There geography/topology of the region leaves adequate gaps for jihadis to sneak into India! The fence helps to reduce the infiltration..........it has reduced the infiltration by about 90%....instead of 1000s (in the 1990s) only 100s sneak in!!

Arsalan123

You were created to be enemy of India and sole possible way to make your country survive is to keep yourself enemy. The day there is peace, partition of India will reverse.

No, we want it. Lot of Indians want it. A decisive war with significant casualties at once only will prevent daily casualties in terror attacks.
Nothing bad in it.

By start to undoing British partition. Pakistan needs to surrender it's military and handover its security to India becoming a semi protectorate of India.

In long term, Indian education system will help to reverse brainwashing and reintegration with Indian Union.

Your country doesn't agree with you. They are again and again trying to involve other countries despite our objections.

We had been sitting there till 2014. Nothing happened, only more blood to India civies.

Coz laton ke bhoot baton se nahi mante. You slowly start to legtimize those people and they cause trouble.

Kashmir dispute isn't about Jammu & Kashmir with India. Kashmir dispute is only about Aksai Chin, Gilgit & Baltistan and so called AJK. Rest of territory is undisputed.

Now, your country is screwed in all fronts and you have to be silent. Only that is the difference.

Since you guys never take action against those "stupid" people you claim not to be your representatives, it raises further suspicions. You guys are called terrorists' safe heaven for a very good reason.

What? He's a hero in Pakistan. Your establishment was defending him. In fact, all terrorists are.

As India rises to a powerful position on globe, our point of view will become the point of view of globe eventually.

India's policy is actually sane now. Any normal country with self respect would do this what's India's doing right now.

Problem was our pseudo secular Muslim apologizer left wing government who was giving so many exemptions to enemies inside and outside our home.

Pakistan needs to be weakened and brought to knees for international security. Existence of Pakistan is the root of problems of even people living in it.

It needs to get colonized to be reintegrated with India in future or disintegrated into smaller states. Only then we will have peace.

And then rewind the clock back even before Siachen and find that you backstabbed us on table everytime.

You have no say in Kashmir. Pakistan invaded Kashmir to annex it, India integrated Kashmir in it.

Your say doesn't matter either. You are a country carved out of India on religious lines. Term "Pakistanization" refers to division of society itself.

It's failure of your courts who don't even take their own boasting videos and murders of witnesses as enough proof.

Besides MiGs, I don't think that we have anything vintage in our inventory. These are oldest fighters of IAF.

Pakistan on other hand, has its entire fleet obsolete as per IAF standards except 70 odd F-16s.

4. Damage India receives doesn't make much difference to it. Hence, not even region.
Case closed.

Only you are failing. We have been growing very fast catching up with them for last 30 years. In upcoming decades, India will be in a position to even match US, Russia & China.

Your feelings exist for Muslims, not Kashmir. You guys don't ever talk about Kashmiri Hindus. Real people of that region.

Then you wouldn't even have created those groups. Right now you are pulling yourself out of Kashmir quagmire because you can't fight against India.
With every single day passing on, gap between India & Pakistan is rising to a level pushing you to backfoot.

Not really, there are certain areas from where infiltration happens. Its impossible to completely control such a long border. However, India is boosting surveillance lately.

oh really, then why it didn't exist before 80s. Why Kashmir with India was so peaceful for 3 decades of freedom?

No worries.
We have come to know it and we are doing this. By weakening Pakistan down to knees, the mother of problems in the region.

Americans were openly hostile to us for 50 years. It's only our growing strength that made then soft their stance and our conflicts China to review them their policy.

They still are not comfortable with us. We still have differences where we quarrel. Follow this thread out of your echo chamber.

Americans don't give a damn about Afghanistan issue. They feel like staying there is too costly and doesn't serve them anymore. So they are leaving.

Their mission was to push back Soviet influence and thanks to Pakistan, who caused millions if deaths with its Taliban and totally destabilized that country that no country is ready to invest in Afghanistan.

After US leaves, Pakistan will open its terror factories in Afghanistan like it keeps in itself to use them against India.

Feel important, you don't have any value before them. You even matter only till they are in Afghanistan. The day theh withdraw, you'll lose favours. The day India snatches PoK from you, cutting you off from China, they won't even keep any relations with you.

They joined hands with India to have one more friend in east like Japan and not having one more enemy in the east like China.
Seriously, they don't need to join hands with us to do anything against you. They can declare you terrorists state, force others not to keep relations with you like Iran. Or they could simply hit you like Iraq & Syria citing terrorism or persecution of weak communities.

India maintains that it hit a terror camp and not Pakistani civilian and military entities.

If you cite sovereignity for protest, you are also directly saying that you control them.

I mean stay on one side of argument. When you said India doesn't control them, India hit them themselves. But you came crying sovereignity then.

are bhai itna bara reply.isko purhne me time lagega lol.

Arsalan123

Nothing bad in it.

Case closed.

No worries.

i have read your very very long range bvr post( hahahaha).basically you are saying that pakistan created every problem even kashmir and you are asking pakistan to surrender to india just for good education and better treatment and hand over anyone you want to india.this is bizarre.even you blamed us for siachen hahaha.and how mujahadeen in india die without pakistani support? these guys snatch weapons from police stations,i mean we aren't responsible for snatching.

Indrajit

Country flag
it's not us who are escalating.you don't send mujahadeen.i mean this is common sense.bsf is patrolling every inch on your side.how can we send weapons and armed men to your side? and rdx used in pulwama was too heavy to be shifted from pakistan to your side.i mean at least accept few points.
Seriously? Every inch? Do you have any idea of the size of the border? Don’t brink this amateur types of arguments here men, you are better than that.

Joker

Country flag
You can have the best pest control system, still few vermin do a walk in. That's how pakis like to operate. Like you, you manage to sneak into this forum and spread your filth. Better start accumulating dollars ......lol
Jinnah face note will be good enough to wipe ass only

Joker

Country flag
i have read your very very long range bvr post( hahahaha).basically you are saying that pakistan created every problem even kashmir and you are asking pakistan to surrender to india just for good education and better treatment and hand over anyone you want to india.this is bizarre.even you blamed us for siachen hahaha.and how mujahadeen in india die without pakistani support? these guys snatch weapons from police stations,i mean we aren't responsible for snatching.
Dear mr. Heeramandi

Fuckoff....to the shithole you crawled out from

Daisy

The IAF apparently did not have the hardened aircraft shelters (HAS) deemed necessary for airbases close to a potentially hostile border and for force protection of any topline fighters based there, such as its premier SU-30 MKI's and MiG-29K.

The order to build such shelters had gone out years earlier, per public reports, but at the time of the 2019 clash had still not been done. No open source information exists specifying the exact reasons why the HAS was not built, but it can be inferred to some combination of politics, funding, infighting, and beauracratic slothfullness.

Another reason is that our MiG-21 Bisons, while old, were heavily upgraded in avionics, sensors, and weapons and were a decent match for a 4th generation warplane if flown by a skilled pilot. The IAF brass was confident that Pakistan's F-16's, while more modern and easier to fly, was not an overmatch for their Bison fighters.

A final inferred reason was political. The IAF played it smart by keeping MiG-21's at the unprotected forward airbases. The Bison is a fast Mach 2 interceptor and was good enough to stand off an attacking force until more advanced units arrived. The IAF knew if they lost some old, albeit upgraded MiG 21's to PAF F-16's the Pakistanis could only claim victory over an old fighter. If the MiG-21 scored a kill on a more advanced PAF warplane then IAF could claim a big win, seeing as how they did it on a third generation platform. Additionally, the MiG-21's were perfect for keeping the PAF jets engaged while advanced units rushed to the battle zone. The PAF jets would be busy fighting and poorly placed to take on powerful platforms such as the SU-30 rushing in for a kill. This is exactly what we did, and may explain the PAF's actions in turning away the minute they had warning from their Saab AEW's of the MiG29K and SU-30's heading their way. They exited the battlespace and fired off a defensive volley of AMRAAMS at near maximum range as cover for the manuever.

With this strategy the IAF set up the battle space so that older, less valuable units went in to confront the intruding fighter package first while allowing their high value units to stage safely behind the combat zone for a counterstrike. They also denied the PAF the chance to down a premier fighter or destroy them on the ground in their unprotected shelters, instead leaving their old MiG 21's in the exposed positions.

The strategy was effective as the IAF drove off a much larger fighter package (8 IAF vs. 24 PAF) and scored a kill on a modern F-16 while losing an older MiG-21 in the process. Time will undoubtedly reveal more of the answers!

th.jpg

m.jpg

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
The IAF apparently did not have the hardened aircraft shelters (HAS) deemed necessary for airbases close to a potentially hostile border and for force protection of any topline fighters based there, such as its premier SU-30 MKI's and MiG-29K.

The order to build such shelters had gone out years earlier, per public reports, but at the time of the 2019 clash had still not been done. No open source information exists specifying the exact reasons why the HAS was not built, but it can be inferred to some combination of politics, funding, infighting, and beauracratic slothfullness.

Another reason is that our MiG-21 Bisons, while old, were heavily upgraded in avionics, sensors, and weapons and were a decent match for a 4th generation warplane if flown by a skilled pilot. The IAF brass was confident that Pakistan's F-16's, while more modern and easier to fly, was not an overmatch for their Bison fighters.

A final inferred reason was political. The IAF played it smart by keeping MiG-21's at the unprotected forward airbases. The Bison is a fast Mach 2 interceptor and was good enough to stand off an attacking force until more advanced units arrived. The IAF knew if they lost some old, albeit upgraded MiG 21's to PAF F-16's the Pakistanis could only claim victory over an old fighter. If the MiG-21 scored a kill on a more advanced PAF warplane then IAF could claim a big win, seeing as how they did it on a third generation platform. Additionally, the MiG-21's were perfect for keeping the PAF jets engaged while advanced units rushed to the battle zone. The PAF jets would be busy fighting and poorly placed to take on powerful platforms such as the SU-30 rushing in for a kill. This is exactly what we did, and may explain the PAF's actions in turning away the minute they had warning from their Saab AEW's of the MiG29K and SU-30's heading their way. They exited the battlespace and fired off a defensive volley of AMRAAMS at near maximum range as cover for the manuever.

With this strategy the IAF set up the battle space so that older, less valuable units went in to confront the intruding fighter package first while allowing their high value units to stage safely behind the combat zone for a counterstrike. They also denied the PAF the chance to down a premier fighter or destroy them on the ground in their unprotected shelters, instead leaving their old MiG 21's in the exposed positions.

The strategy was effective as the IAF drove off a much larger fighter package (8 IAF vs. 24 PAF) and scored a kill on a modern F-16 while losing an older MiG-21 in the process. Time will undoubtedly reveal more of the answers!

View attachment 34767
View attachment 34768
Well mam, you are correct but I want to say.
Is it not mig-29upg? you said mig-29k.

Daisy

Well mam, you are correct but I want to say.
Is it not mig-29upg? you said mig-29k.
I think it is MiG29K. I am not sure. MiG29K were lately inducted , right?
Second batch if MiG29K arrived in 2012.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
i have read your very very long range bvr post( hahahaha).
I'm used to write longer mails than that.
basically you are saying that pakistan created every problem
Not every but lot of problems.
even kashmir
Especially Kashmir.
and you are asking pakistan to surrender to india just for good education
These aren't "just" things.
and better treatment and hand over anyone you want to india.
Yes off course, are they more valuable for you than rest of Pakistanis. OR
Basically, they are your assets.
this is bizarre.even you blamed us for siachen hahaha.
Not Siachen but entire quagmire.
and how mujahadeen in india die without pakistani support?
India never took support from Pakistan in counter terror operations.
these guys snatch weapons from police stations,i mean we aren't responsible for snatching.
They are found with US & other costly weapons which aren't used by Indian police.

Only Afghanistan and Pakistan host or own large quantities of those weapons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles