IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I am sorry to say, you just reinforced our claim of Mig-21 Bison shooting down your F-16.

View attachment 33360
So, what we see in this image?

1. Damaged missile seeker of R - 73.
2. Mangled & damaged exhaust part of R - 73.
3. Seemingly intact part of R - 73.

What actually happened?
Missile seeker from the leftmost missile is swapped with missile seeker of the rightmost missile.
The leftmost missile is actually fully intact since the aircraft crashed with it, and it has not been fired.
Rightmost R-73, however, has been fired. Everyone will ask, oh ! Then why are missile parts still intact? I say, look at this image -
View attachment 33361
http://vayu-sena-aux.tripod.com/other-Parakram-IAF-UAV-Wreckage.html

This is the seeker head of Aim-9L AAM used to down Indian Searcher drone on June 7, 2002. Yes, the seeker's head is intact. An air-to-air missile warhead is not exactly that powerful to rip-off and shred every part of the missile. A2A missiles have an annular/fragmentation warhead, which focuses on shredding apart soft aluminum bodies of planes over a large blast radius, rather than decimating.

Now, compare this to my image. View attachment 33360

1. Damaged (remember, replaced with the rightmost missile) seeker, signs of warhead explosion.
2. Mangled and burn damage on missile exhaust, clear signs of an explosion.

And, where is the mid section of the missile ? Oh, yes, its not present because it ripped apart your dear F-16 :hehe:
It was right R73 of mig21 bison that hit F16.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Hahaha.......................

Pakistanis must be the biggest jokers that are there. Do these Green-Idiots know the sequence in which an AAM intercepts a Target?

An AAM has its warhead stored just aft of mid-section. Those who understand the sequence to interception knows that a seeker-head gets detached before warhead explodes. This is done in order to maximize the impact on Target. And finding that seeker in 20 day must not be that hard especially when Pakis know where to look. Re F-16 wreckage.

Following video gives a graphic impression of the sequence of events till successful interception by an AAM.

Watch between 03:10-03:18 in ultra slow motion and do pause at 03:14 for a clear impression.

Rahul i made gif of your youtube post.
Posted and credit given to you.

Post your twitter id i will link it.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
View attachment 33362 see on left of Mig21 you can see parts of Left side R73. That means right side R73 hit F16.
20190321_175649.jpg

You mean this one? It is R-77 mid part, most probably from the 3rd missile that has been kept on the table.
Also, just because the missiles have been kept on the tables in that order, doesn't mean the loadout was in that sequence.

Enquirer

BTW guys! If you want to troll Pakis on anything they claim....just say "Main Nahin Maanta" (meaning 'I don't agree')

Pakis are going ape shit on this phrase used by Bilawal who's refusing to believe TalibanKhan's crackdown on jihadis!!!

Enquirer

One thing to keep in the back of your mind when analyzing the dogfight:

Early reports of the dogfight had an ex-IAF-AirMarshal quote IAF sources that F16 was brought down by another F16's missile (friendly fire).

F16 has definitely gone down (3 parachutes in air et al)......what got it might still be debatable!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
If any one want to join in for search, Please PM me, search area is big. But things are quite clear.

Dazzler

Well, looks like a Flanker variant. The fuel flame is simply massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles