IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

BabaKhalbali

Now, it seems something fishy. Why would such a huge miscommunication exist? Every effing thing is supposed to be logged in and there cannot be any chance of 'he said / she said' in this case. If the choppers were sent, there has to be navigation footprint/blackboxes in those machines that would attest to the fact.

This is a matter of CDS of the nation, not some random road accident like they are acting!
Not one person that I have met has told me that this was a normal crash.

Jimih

Country flag
Not one person that I have met has told me that this was a normal crash.
Rotor blades action just before hitting the thick blanket of fog as shown in the amateur footage should be thoroughly gleaned. The sound, the movement, every thing.

sachincba

Country flag
It is heartening to see the country bow down to soldiers. It is time that soldiers have their respect (especially from political leaders). Due to creation of CDS post, the view of military in defence policy decisions has multiplied. His shoes are big.

And whoever is made CDS by the gov, I hope all military wings wholeheartedly support the new CDS and not make their ego bigger than nation. It is critical time when military reforms are on full throttle.

sachincba

Country flag
I have seen this in one of the most backward district of india during kargil . People with very less resource used to donate .. There were prayers for army in schools and offices . These elites u see in internet dont represnt India . They live in thier own world .
Nonetheless, the elite needs to be transformed. A few elite people have larger influence of nation's destiny than masses.

Jimih

Country flag
It is heartening to see the country bow down to soldiers. It is time that soldiers have their respect (especially from political leaders). Due to creation of CDS post, the view of military in defence policy decisions has multiplied. His shoes are big.

And whoever is made CDS by the gov, I hope all military wings wholeheartedly support the new CDS and not make their ego bigger than nation. It is critical time when military reforms are on full throttle.
In the same time PM Modi's 'Inner Circle' should be protected at any cost from now on, this includes NSA Ajit Doval and HM Amit Shah. General Rawat was part of this 'inner circle'.

-How to paralyse a Resolute Leader of a Nation?

-Just go after his/her 'Inner Circle'. US constantly tries to identify and pindown the 'Inner Circle' of Putin.

sachincba

Country flag
Dalbir Singh Suhag. A no nonsense army guy.
I doubt anyone who has retired from service will be considered. Shekatkar committee had recommended that CDS be selected from existing service chiefs. However, all senior serving officers are eligible. The problem in picking anyone other than service chief would be putting a junior above his service chief.

All service chiefs come from a meritorious system- any of them would do, provided he is ready to go beyond myopia of a particular service and look at the larger picture.

Sigmamale101

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Jaichands and Parasites!
again with jaichand remark 😡 & than when i call out such bull s**t...i am called a cast supremacist. This ex Major spread lot of fake stories like this Ram payari Gujjar fighting Timur lmao!.

While truth is completely different.

this guy was a major & likes of him are not alone & if likes of him are getting their history lesson from whatsapp, than this country military establishment seriously need a reform.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars In One word.

Sadma.

Haldilal

Country flag
Obviously a 4-Star rank holder will be appointed.

A CDS should be strictly in sync with GoI's vision, he should not try to run a parallel administration.
Ya'll Nibbiars seniority is not a major criteria now.

Haldilal

Country flag
In government, and especially the military it always is. Remember how many people were upset when Bira was made the CAS jumping seniority
Ya'll Nibbiars upset aur decisions mein bhaut pharak hai. Current ACM also jumped many in siniority.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
MM Naravane has been effective, a silent and careful strategist, but his personality comes up as too timid IMO. Beloved Sir BiRa had that dominating aura of an absolute leader, but was a bit careless with his remarks.

I will prefer RKS Bhaduria, cold, composed, strong personality, yet dominating. Although his height is less, he no way comes up as timid. He has also been a strong supporter of indigenous weapons, so will be the best choice.

Dalbir Singh Suhag. A no nonsense army guy.
Also a good choice, but he has been already made Indian High-commissioner to Seychelles. He will be unlikely to be pulled out of there.

Covfefe

Country flag
I will prefer RKS Bhaduria, cold, composed, strong personality, yet dominating. Although his height is less, he no way comes up as timid. He has also been a strong supporter of indigenous weapons, so will be the best choice.
Yes, works as a balm for those who feared that theatreisation would reduce IAF's stature, plus brings in a change of mindset too. Unlike the Pakistan centric approach- Ghataks and mechanised columns moving in with infantry following and air support, it'll be more like aerial domination, followed by infantry insertion philosophy. AF guy could help better. Plus there's a lot of technological edge that we have to gain within the decade, RKS champions technology.
(Plus with his collar button open, he looks like a UP police ka dabang kotwal who'll ask Chongs- Kaa be, nibatna hai kaa tumko)

here2where

Obviously a 4-Star rank holder will be appointed.

A CDS should be strictly in sync with GoI's vision, he should not try to run a parallel administration.
The whole point of a CDS is to be the PM's points man within the establishment... :wink:

Haldilal

Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles