Hindustan Trainer HTT-40

smestarz

Country flag
No-one hangs anyone in public. They are hanged inside a jail.
In India yes, but then how many people are actually hanged, even traitors to the nation are now being termed Martyrs.

Such ideas are the result of not having the tenacity to follow the course of law. I can say with certainly that people who make such statements as "must be hanged in public" are basically weak-minded individuals who would faint at the sight of blood.
I've got nothing to learn from them, except how to make knee-jerk statements.
Are you telling me about what happens to you? That is pathetic.

Atleast the two of us maintain our standing wherever we go. I am practically-thinking there & practically-thinking here. You are a knee-jerking idiot there & a knee-jerking idiot here.
No change.
Unfortunately its not just the crap from other forum thats coming here. Practical thinking you? Go suck a lolipop or something, that should help you.
Unfortunately you and lovers of NAK browne are on the same side,, NAK Browne would have been a fighter pilot, but that does not stop anyone from doubting his lies and deciits to please his political masters, and anyone who does that can he be termed PATRIOTIC? Having highest post in service does not discount him of being traitor and a scamster

smestarz

Country flag
Please stop this useless discussion.

Very young people read these message boards. What are we teaching them??

Domestic designs should continue to be developed even if we are importing.

I have already said that HTT40 is in development. IAF orders or not IS NOT AN ISSUE.

@Gessler has an agenda which is quite obvious.
he is a fan for IMPORTING anything thats French as priority of else Swiss.. if not then other options

Gessler

Country flag
In India yes, but then how many people are actually hanged, even traitors to the nation are now being termed Martyrs.
Only traitors term other traitors as martyrs. Such people will be arrested & sentenced if found guilty. No need for bandalbaazis like you who think they know everything. I can't believe the nation is wasting money funding education & healthcare for people like you.

Unfortunately its not just the crap from other forum thats coming here. Practical thinking you? Go suck a lolipop or something, that should help you.
Unfortunately you and lovers of NAK browne are on the same side,, NAK Browne would have been a fighter pilot, but that does not stop anyone from doubting his lies and deciits to please his political masters, and anyone who does that can he be termed PATRIOTIC? Having highest post in service does not discount him of being traitor and a scamster
Relax. I can see what's happening very well.

I kicked your ass on other forums, your arguments wouldn't stand for shit. So you're trying to take it out on me here. Don't think everyone is so naive as to not see that! You're basically a loser with nothing to live for...hence masquerading as a patriot by hawking so-called indigenous products and hoping to achieve the approval of like-minded idiots.

As I said, it's the same business as what you do on other forums. Nothing's changed.

And for god's sake, stop quoting me all the time. I've got better things to do than chat with kids and wannabe defence experts.

smestarz

Country flag
Only traitors term other traitors as martyrs. Such people will be arrested & sentenced if found guilty. No need for bandalbaazis like you who think they know everything. I can't believe the nation is wasting money funding education & healthcare for people like you.

I kicked your ass on other forums, your arguments wouldn't stand for shit. So you're trying to take it out on me here. Don't think everyone is so naive as to not see that! You're basically a loser with nothing to live for...hence masquerading as a patriot by hawking so-called indigenous products and hoping to achieve the approval of like-minded idiots.

As I said, it's the same business as what you do on other forums. Nothing's changed.

And for god's sake, stop quoting me all the time. I've got better things to do than chat with kids and wannabe defence experts.
Its actually due to "experts" like you that I do not contribute to that forum at all, you have defiled that forum and now you want to do the same on this forum..by the way have complan, should help your brains to develop

smestarz

Country flag

by the way you are still in college right? lol and that makes you an expert. wow

Gessler

Country flag
by the way you are still in college right? lol and that makes you an expert. wow
Never claimed to be an expert. I just know my stuff. You don't need to be an old man to know your stuff.

You on the other must be a middle aged man with a receding hairline, protruding paunch, failed in life, can't get laid and taking out all your frustrations in life by posting BS here and everywhere else.

I'm sure you don't even have 1/3rd my knowledge.

But as everyone knows, stupidity is not a job for specific people. You can be an idiot at any age.

But enough with the personal insults.

Nuvneet Kundu

HAL, DRDO, ADA have money to burn on laboratory prototypes and technology-demonstrators. It's unfortunate that it comes way too late (still it's nowhere near ready though). Fact of the matter is that with the PC-7 already inducted and more coming, there is simply no requirement in IAF anymore for another type of Basic Turboprop-Trainer (BTT). This HTT-40 would meet the same fate as the NAL Saras.

Unless ofcourse if the agencies wise up a bit and seek export customers. But which country would be ready to invest time & money in a yet-to-be-proven BTT from a not-so-famous manufacturer? Remains to be seen.
(unrelated) They also recently redesigned the British Hawk to include armaments.

The HTT-40 can be used a low cost flying machine to carry camera-sensor payloads over Naxal areas. One can fly multiple planes simultaneously and stitch together the live feeds from all cameras in to have real time situational awareness anf have good quality imagery that far surpasses any satellite surveillance. Cheap stuff will always find its customers in one way or another, provided there are enterprising users willing to think out of the box.

There are other poor African and South American countries which face similar insurgencies. They could make use of this too. It's not all about BVR missiles and AESA radars :)

Check this as a concept prototype :

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
NAL Saras is NOT a good example though development of several types of airplanes is MUST for Indian economy. India has to move into high technology area if the economy has to develop further.

We cannot build a forever dependence on foreign sources.

charlie

Country flag
(unrelated) They also recently redesigned the British Hawk to include armaments.

The HTT-40 can be used a low cost flying machine to carry camera-sensor payloads over Naxal areas. One can fly multiple planes simultaneously and stitch together the live feeds from all cameras in to have real time situational awareness anf have good quality imagery that far surpasses any satellite surveillance. Cheap stuff will always find its customers in one way or another, provided there are enterprising users willing to think out of the box.

There are other poor African and South American countries which face similar insurgencies. They could make use of this too. It's not all about BVR missiles and AESA radars :)

Check this as a concept prototype :

I think Harris CorvusEye 1500 Wide Area Motion Imagery System does that, it no longer a concept it's already deployed in the field.

it was an exelis product so to better understand watch the excels video.

PaliwalWarrior

It has been controversial trainer. IAF had rejected it a few years back, siting technical flaws. It has to prove itself before its criticism is watered down.
You are forgetting the full story dear

Iaf rejected this few years back citing technical flaws

But then iaf also relaxed many if the technical requirements - notably 12 amkng them related to safety parameters for imported aircrafts

Why?

Why relax parameters for imported aircraft ?

Why can't the same be done for Indian ones with proviso that subsequent batches will address those issues ?

Yumdoot

Heh heh, :hail:

Check these out:
http://www.livefistdefence.com/2013/08/first-hand-when-mig-21-saved-iaf-chief.html
['QUOTE]
On many occasions, sitting in the cool confines of the briefing/crew rooms, we had discussed the pros and cons of attempting a dead stick landing on a MiG-21. Invariably all such discussions ended with the advice that height/speed combination permitting, ejection would any day be a better option.

Let me remind you that the MiG-21 can do a lot of things beautifully -- some even unconventionally -- but what she cannot do is glide on a dead engine.

Silently gliding in air at approximately 110 metres AGL with the entire runway lined up ahead of me, I was faced with a sudden dilemma -- to eject or to continue ahead for landing.
['/QUOTE]

&

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...-with-Pilot-Son/2013/11/29/article1917032.ece
['QUOTE]With just a month left for his retirement, Indian Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne on Thursday flew his last sortie on a fighter plane in the company of his combat pilot son, Squadron Leader Omar Browne, at Pune’s Lohegaon air base.
<snip>
“This flight will be recorded as the last sortie in the Air Chief’s flight log book,” an officer said.
['/QUOTE]

&

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/indi...cers-to-be-awarded-on-independence-day-531676
['QUOTE]Indian Air Force Chief NAK Browne's son Squadron Leader Omar Browne is among six officers to be awarded Vayu Sena medal for Gallantry on Independence Day.

Thirty minutes after take-off, Omar experienced severe restriction in the forward movement of the control stick in his cockpit which prevented the aircraft from achieving normal rate descent to lower altitudes.

Taking a calculated risk, he decided to attempt landing, regulated the fuel to make the aircraft light and executed a long and shallow approach.

Even after touchdown, he could not lower the aircraft nose wheel with stick force and had to resort to use of forward trim.

"Finally the pilot was able to execute safe landing from this grave situation," the IAF said.

"The pilot displayed immense courage, highest level of professionalism, superlative decision making backed by exceptional flying skills to recover the aircraft from an otherwise inevitable accident," Omar's citation read.['/QUOTE]

Some years later you can talk to IAF people about this bravery by the son.

Heh heh so not good to have been conferred on the papa. Papa got only an ambassdorship.

Oh and BTW, papa flew only Hunters, Jags, Mig-21 and Su-30MKIs.

There must be a problem with Hunters and Jags which cannot give any medal worthy opportunities. :devil:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2034957.ece?css=print

['QUOTE]
Air Marshal Browne, who will turn 60 on December 15 this year, is a fighter pilot with a varied operational experience, including flying Hunters, all variants of the MiG21s, Jaguars and Sukhoi-30, logging about 3,100 hours, the Defence Ministry said.

A graduate of the Air Command and Staff College at Albama in the United States, Air Marshal Browne trained with the Royal Air Force in the United Kingdom on Jaguar aircraft and later commanded a Jaguar squadron.

In April 1997, he established the Indian Defence Wing in Tel Aviv and served as the Defence Attache till July 2000. Between 2007 and 2009, as the Deputy Chief of the Air Staff at the Air Headquarters, he oversaw the lAF's major modernisation programmes.
['/QUOTE]

Now you can add Norway ambassodorship to all these high flying names.

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
This together with LUH should become our flagship export. They have every potential. I just hope MOD creats a dedicated export agency like ROSOBORONEXPORT.
The problem with HAL is that it is neither a leader in quality nor in price. Exporting is possible in cut throat international market ONLY when you have an advantage.

However we need such planes, possibly for civilian academies also. This can make a light strike platform as well. So the product concept is good. Hopefully we can export to a few friendly countries.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
LUH has great potential in civil market if HAL gets FAR certification for LUH soon after its gets certified by DGCA. I am sure its price will be significantly less than competing models from Bell. Its ultra high altitude performance is where its technical edge lies. And with dedicated helicopter manufacturing plant coming up, i see more promise than not.

HTT-40 in armed avatar can be given to Afghanistan and any nation which can not afford three stage training like IAF does. In an-initio role its newest inclusion in world. We are in competition now. Price will definitely be an edge.

Like i said before, we need some dedicated export-import body like ROSOBORONEXPORT to manage things better. It is too much to ask non profit organization like HAL OFB and likes to do competitive marketing effectively own their own.

for truth

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles