High Speed Railway Corridor

republic_roi97

Country flag
You can't protect every km of high speed train.....then it will be easy prey for anti-nationals
Yeah, they must've already thought of that while planning and discussion, considering the route, Mumbai-Ahmadabad, I don't think that this route will be very hostile. Above all, most of Naxalite activities happen in eastern parts of country.

IndianHawk

Country flag
You can't protect every km of high speed train.....then it will be easy prey for anti-nationals
By that logic how are we protecting our existing infrastructure???

You don't stop building just because someone can bomb it at some point of time. Rather you build capacity leverage technology and improve security measures.

republic_roi97

Country flag
Well I am happy with bullet train project, considering that you'll get to your location in lesser time than flights take. Usually it takes nearly 1.5 hours of waiting before flights take off. And ones you land, it takes another 30min to get to the road. Plus the in flight time.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
We r not able to handle our ordinary railways properly and this project may become laughing stock in our history.
Sorry if offended.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk
What a generalised statement without any background.Do you know about dedicated freight corridor project?This will free up the super busy Mughal Sarai-Howrah line for only passenger trains,freeing up space for more capacity and higher speeds.Project will be fully commmisioned by 2019-2020 despite huge challenges

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Yeah, they must've already thought of that while planning and discussion, considering the route, Mumbai-Ahmadabad, I don't think that this route will be very hostile. Above all, most of Naxalite activities happen in eastern parts of country.
So you are saying naxalite is only problem..think of many troubles caused by anti-nationals in mumbai..etc

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
I don't think Mumbai Ahmadabad Route is affected by Naxals or Maoists.

Instead, it's a well developed urban area, over that in protection of military bases of Indian Armed Forces, specially Navy.

I'm saying not just about naxalites..think in 360 degrees..you will know the threats...

republic_roi97

Country flag
So you are saying naxalite is only problem..think of many troubles caused by anti-nationals in mumbai..etc
Don't worry about all this, its not that big of a threat in India. Because of these threats development won't stop.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Don't worry about all this, its not that big of a threat in India. Because of these threats development won't stop.
I'm not saying not to stop developments..if you are investing billions..make sure no one dreams to touch it..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I'm saying not just about naxalites..think in 360 degrees..you will know the threats...
Well, I hope you are not in hangover and know that anti Nationals do not use IEDs, guns or grenades etc. to blast infrastructure projects. They just give dharna at best.:biggrin2:

Akshay_Fenix

This is just the start, HSR will connect every state so no need to cry about why my state was not preferred.
Just like Atal ji gave us the golden quadrilateral highways, now Modi ji will give us HSR.
Don't like it, you have the option to boot him out similar to what people did in 2004 to Atal ji, the new CON government stopped its funding and it was the people that suffered (you know the story of worst decade in Indian history).

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Well, I hope you are not in hangover and know that anti Nationals do not use IEDs etc. to harm infrastructure projects. They just give dharna at best.:biggrin2:
You are in hangover right now..i'm talking of chinese and pakis..they don't do dharna's..they hurt us where it cost more...

IndianHawk

Country flag
You are in hangover right now..i'm talking of chinese and pakis..they don't do dharna's..they hurt us where it cost more...
Chinese will probably get a contract on some route at least. They could get more too.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Where is China-paki border between Mumbai-Ahmadabad?:facepalm:

And if you are referring to terror attack, it can occur anywhere. Suppose it can occur SriHariKota, so must ISRO stop fabricating it's launch pads?:crazy:

For your information, this area is highly militarized over that. It may be second last choice (because last will be Vizag port) for any terror group or even a country to fight a war.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Where is China-paki border between Mumbai-Ahmadabad?:facepalm:

And if you are referring to terror attack, it can occur anywhere. Suppose it can occur SriHariKota, so must ISRO stop fabricating it's launch pads?:crazy:

For your information, this area is highly militarized over that. It may be second last choice (because last will be Vizag port) for any terror group or even a country to fight a war.
Yes there is no border near mumbai..but do remember 26/11...anything may happen at anywhere

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Yes there is no border near mumbai..but do remember 26/11...anything may happen at anywhere
What I said? It's a far more militarized area now compared to 26/11.
Plus it's not Taj Hotel. Gonna be provided security additionally.

And for your information, Bullet train tracks are not like local train patris which you can cross when train is not coming.:biggrin2:

It's a highly isolated and sealed track near which no humans can go. Before keeping IEDs, reaching near track tackling security will be a challenge.

Last edited:

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
It's a highly isolated and sealed track near which no humans can go. Before keeping IEDs, reaching near track tackling security will be a challenge
Sealed track? means Is boundary wall constructed to prevent from crossing railway tracks?
What type of security you are talking about?:confused1:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Sealed track? means Is boundary wall constructed to prevent from crossing railway tracks?
What type of security you are talking about?:confused1:
sometimes a wall or other sort of barrier.

Though, open at crossing in certain areas but you can't simply cross it from anywhere. For this Mumbai train, it's a lot either elevated or below the ground level.

Superdefender

Watch the bullet train stations in China and those tracks in youtube. You will get the idea of sealed track.

republic_roi97

Country flag
Here you go, elevated, underground as well as sealed tracks with fencing and barriers from both sides. That is how high speed tracks are built.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles