High Speed Railway Corridor

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I listen to the liar Kejariwal on his misinformation campaign telling that Bullet train Project from Ahmedabad to Mumbai shall cost 60000 Rs and each ticket will cost Rs 75000.

I made some calculation. japan has offered the loan at 0.5% interest rate after 30 years of moratorium. Even if I consider the loan at 1% starting from day for a period of 30 years, EMIE of 60000 Crore turns out to be Rs 2325 Crore which translates into 6.37 crore a day. I consider only 25000 people traveling one way and 50000 people traveling to and fro every day, it will turn out to be 1374 per ticket. I take operating expense of Rs 500 per passenger, the total cost will be rs 1774. This liar is telling people that the cost of per ticket shall be rs 75000. What a pathetic liar this goon is. This is very much near to proposed ticket of Rs 1800 to Rs 1900.
add some more things like premium services and some other govt greed the ticket will not exceed 3k
kejrullah is a pathetic liar

kstriya

Country flag
Talgo and Meglev are good addition to Indian railways. I But what about the feeder systems to these projects like metro and mono rails. People in bug cities like Mumbai and Bangalore need to travel in dense traffic to reach railway station and Airports, we need to have a cist effective and good local transportation to fill in the gap. What about the sky Bus project of S Rajaram of Konkan railways, it was envisaged ti be very cost effective modular to build and with very small turn around time. We need to restart such indigenous project's. The solution to Indian problem will be a Indian invention..

kstriya

Country flag
Talgo and Meglev are good addition to Indian railways. I But what about the feeder systems to these projects like metro and mono rails. People in bug cities like Mumbai and Bangalore need to travel in dense traffic to reach railway station and Airports, we need to have a cist effective and good local transportation to fill in the gap. What about the sky Bus project of S Rajaram of Konkan railways, it was envisaged ti be very cost effective modular to build and with very small turn around time. We need to restart such indigenous project's. The solution to Indian problem will be a Indian invention..
Sky bus will be cheap to build and operate, it can be used in tier 1,2 &3 cities. This should be Modi's plan to modernise India. If such project is even brought implementation it will really make India modified...

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
There are several metro and mono rail projects in operation as well as construction throughout the country.

kstriya

Country flag
There are several metro and mono rail projects in operation as well as construction throughout the country.
Please compare cost per km with Sky Bus project and we can have 10 tikes more Sky Bus metros un more cities across India.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The real challenge is track. We have sufficiently powerful engines to run the train at 200 KM Plus. We must work on track to make them suitable to run at 200 to 250 KMPH s that we may use existing infrastructure to rum semi high speed trains. We must make coaches compatible to our tracks like Telgo which may be used on existing tracks to make it 200 KMPH.

Rather go for both.
You know, Railway institute too is working for indigenous technologies for high speed trains.:p

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Full steam ahead: Work on bullet train to start in 2017, says Railways
(Representative image)
MUMBAI: The Indian Railways administration plans to begin construction work on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad high-speed corridor next year.
Railway board member (traffic) Mohammed Jamshed, who was in Mumbai, to attend the chief commercial managers' conference said, "Work on the hi-speed railway corridor will begin next year." However, some contentious issues involving acquisition of land remain. The Railways administration wants the bullet train terminal to come up in Bandra-Kur la Complex (BKC), but the state government has instead offered a plot at Bandra Reclamation. The MMRDA has planned the international finance centre on the BKC plot.The Railways are not keen on the Bandra Reclamation land and the Niti Aayog and the prime minister's office are expected to take the final call.
The administration plans to run the first bullet train in 2023. The bullet train is expected the distance between between Mumbai and Ahmedabad in about two hours, running at a maximum speed of 350 kmph and operating speed of 320 kmph.
The estimated cost of the project is Rs 97,636 crore. The bulk of the funding for the project will come in the way of the loan from Japan.The estimate includes possible cost escalation, interest during construction and import duties.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train to navigate 21 km tunnel under sea
The 508 km long Mumbai-Ahmedabad high speed rail corridor will have a 21 km long tunnel under the sea.
BY: PTI | NEW DELHI |Published On:April 20, 2016 11:43 PM
Passengers will get the thrill of riding under the sea while travelling between Mumbai and Ahmedabad in the first bullet train of the country.
The 508 km long Mumbai-Ahmedabad high speed rail corridor will have a 21 km long tunnel under the sea, said a senior Railway Ministry official involved with the public transporter’s ambitious bullet train project.
While most part of the corridor is proposed to be on the elevated track, there will be a stretch after Thane creek towards Virar which will go under the sea as per the detailed project report by JICA.
While most part of the corridor is proposed to be on the elevated track, there will be a stretch after Thane creek towards Virar which will go under the sea as per the detailed project report by JICA.
Estimated to cost about Rs 97,636 crore, 81 per cent of the funding for the project will come by way of a loan from Japan. The project cost includes possible cost escalation, interest during construction and import duties.
It is a soft loan for 50 years at 0.1 per cent annual interest with 15 years’ moratorium, said the official.
Rolling stock and other equipment like signalling and power system will be imported from Japan as per the loan agreement.
The official said the loan agreement with Japan is slated to be signed by the end of the year and construction work is likely to begin by the end of 2018.
According top priority to the first of its kind project, railways has formed National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL), a special purpose vehicle (SPV), with a paid-up capital of Rs 500 crore.
A search committee comprising senior government officials including Cabinet Secretary, Chairman Railway Board and Secretary DOPT among others is on the job currently to select the Managing Director and five directors for the NHSRCL.
Railways has already allotted Rs 200 crore for the SPV. Maharashtra and Gujarat will have equity of 25 per cent each, while the Railways will have 50 per cent in the SPV.
The bullet train is expected to cover 508 km between Mumbai and Ahmedabad in about two hours, running at a maximum speed of 350 kmph and operating speed of 320 kmph.
At present, Duronto Express takes about seven hours to cover the distance between the two financial centres.
For timely completion of the project, a joint committee has been formed under the vice-chairman of NITI Aayog with the secretaries of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Departments of Economic Affairs and Foreign Ministry as its members along with the Railway Board Chairman.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
We r not able to handle our ordinary railways properly and this project may become laughing stock in our history.
Sorry if offended.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk
We will look ahead.
Who doesn't have problems?
I don't think all countries who have HSR started it after their trains became like Heavenly Utopian Wagons. Specially China.

Akshay_Fenix

We r not able to handle our ordinary railways properly and this project may become laughing stock in our history.
Sorry if offended.

People said the same thing when metros were in planning stage. Quite Natural reaction.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
We will look ahead.
Who doesn't have problems?
I don't think all countries who have HSR started it after their trains became like Heavenly Utopian Wagons. Specially China.
I m not talking about accident and all.
It should be affordable to every middle class citizen.
360 kmph? Most of Indians still have roti kapda makaan type of mentality.
They money...but refuse to spend.
This will give opportunity to opposition monkeys to dance.
And will followed by CPI(M0

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I m not talking about accident and all.
It should be affordable to every middle class citizen.
It is not even available to all people of countries where it currently runs.
Though, till it'll start running in India (around 2022-23), GDP per capita will be double of today.
360 kmph? Most of Indians still have roti kapda makaan type of mentality.
They money...but refuse to spend.
This will give opportunity to opposition monkeys to dance.
And will followed by CPI(M0

Okay, agreed here.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
To be frank i don't want high speed trains in india..because of
Growing threat...Investing billions to build one line and just a 10kg of crude IED is enough to dent the whole project and damage to lives and country's image...
We can build high speed trains by building underground...like dig a trench..place a big box type concrete blocs..

IndianHawk

Country flag
To be frank i don't want high speed trains in india..because of
Growing threat...Investing billions to build one line and just a 10kg of crude IED is enough to dent the whole project and damage to lives and country's image...
We can build high speed trains by building underground...like dig a trench..place a big box type concrete blocs..
That threat persists for every kind of infrastructure project even underground ones.

For a country as populas as India fast trains are way to go. Cars are not sustainable for environment and highways are already overburdened.

mayfair

Sigh..I wonder if people even follow the numerous discussions on this very topic in this very forum before setting off on long winded baseless, tactless and meaningless rants on bullet trains, roti, kapda makaan ityaadi..

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
That threat persists for every kind of infrastructure project even underground ones.

For a country as populas as India fast trains are way to go. Cars are not sustainable for environment and highways are already overburdened.
You can't protect every km of high speed train.....then it will be easy prey for anti-nationals

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles