High Speed Railway Corridor

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I still hate that we are using Japanese trains
Cope with it. India is two decades behind East Asia when comes to HSR. Bullet trains are still just under design research in Railway Research Institute.

Only way out is buying Japanese trains, operate them and learn with experience to make development of our own faster. We are going to enjoy learning curve with best high-speed rail technology in world, Japanese.

Azaad

Country flag
But recently there was news regarding tender of 240 trainset for bullet train
I might be wrong
No you're right . Eventually IR intends to run these bullet trains like they do mumbai locals with a departure & arrival every 3-4 minutes. Btw that figure you quoted is eerily similar to the total AC rakes IR or MMRDA has either projected or ordered to replace the non AC rakes in operation in both the western & central lines in the city & beyond. No clue if it includes the harbour line or even the Thane Vashi line.

karn

Country flag
Why do they need tender for even this thing??
Give direct contract. Indian HSR line is totally Japanese gauge and tech so only Japanese company will supply the train sets.
It's rules .. any Babu that randomly procures equipment from anywhere especially from abroad will be stuck in corruption cases for the rest of his life .
And it's standard gague not some special Japanese gague . Electric equipment might be specific .

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Give direct contract. Indian HSR line is totally Japanese gauge and tech so only Japanese company will supply the train sets.
There is competition even in Japan. Multiple Japanese rolling stock manufacturers ...... they themselves need competition to survive.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No you're right . Eventually IR intends to run these bullet trains like they do mumbai locals with a departure & arrival every 3-4 minutes. Btw that figure you quoted is eerily similar to the total AC rakes IR or MMRDA has either projected or ordered to replace the non AC rakes in operation in both the western & central lines in the city & beyond. No clue if it includes the harbour line or even the Thane Vashi line.
Nah it's typo for my previous post on 240 vande metro by Maha govt
I was basically talking about this https://www.psuconnect.in/news/bullet-train-project-tender-floated-for-24-bullet-train/38405/
I understanding was only one company makes these shinkansen trains
Now gog yo know 4 companies make it
My question was regarding tendering as earlier thought 1 company making it
And that 240 was typo but it's true for vande metro

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Tender is to select the Indian partner. It's not that trains are going to be built and transported to India. It will involve some screwdriver-ing tech like assembly, maintenance, installation etc. All of these things require an Indian partner company.
Also, post Rafale fiasco, procurement of high value items without adequate tendering process is frowned upon and is permitted only in the rarest of rare situations when the product in question is very high tech, research oriented, and one is not freely available in the market.

Azaad

Country flag

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
The E5 Shinkansen trainsets are manufactured by both Hitachi Rail and Kawasaki Heavy Industries, so it makes sense to have a tender.

Reactions: SKC

Global Defence

New threads

Articles