HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

pmaitra

I am not sure the Radar will play any roll which would be superior to the sights on other aircrafts. An attack chopper can not carry AoA long range missiles to engage a fighter either.
Mostly true.

Not sure what you mean by 'long range.'

Reports say that the Mil-24/35 is the only helicopter to have shot down fighter jets in combat.

mi24av1

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I guess this is without load, other wise it is very hard for an helicopter to reach that height.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Guys, LCH is derived from ALH. We know ALH goes upto Siachen. Let us trust LCH. Also, it will definitely go higher than Mil-24/35.
the Hind is armored so it cant fly high.. It is a tank with rotors.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Is that really inside the LCH? And how do we know thats 6K altitude?
The guy who posted that in BR works in the LCH program. He leaks some picture of the program every now and then. So it's creditable information.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
As known earlier, the year of induction for LCH into army and air force was 2012. And now I have no idea whether HAL and DRDO can keep it to there words or not?
Does anyone know as to how many flight trials have been done till date or how many are left and most importantly when is it going to be inducted officially?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
They are testing an helicopter over residential areas?

I bet some BR guy clicked it.. :D

kaustav2001

Country flag
^^^^ Hey thanks for posting those... yes the farings look more smoother/ aero-dynamic. One thing that I'm worried about though is those XXL size windows. They seem to promise amazing view from the top, however they also present a very good view for those trying to shoot the helicopter.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Do we have any time frame as to about when TD3 will fly? flight testing is scheduled to complete by feb 2013, and TD3 has not even flown

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
LCH TD-2 Latest Pics (seem they have re-designed the stub wing)

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
^Shaitan already posted that also it is well know the stub wing and the nose have some redesigns and additions.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I saw a program about Apache 64 in the discovery channel, they fitted the tail rotors in X shape, i mean tail rotors were not making 90 degree angle like LCH which appears to be a plus sign '+" which makes 90 degree angle, the tail rotors of Apache were on 50-60 degrees perhaps, and the engineers gave reason that it was done to reduce rotor noise, rotors were fitted in such an angle that they were making less noise or cancelling each others sound, it is something that i can't find in LCH ! :hmm: What do you guys think ?

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
They would have given a try or they must give a try.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles