HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

pavanvenkatesh

And also a main problem with HAL and DPSU's are high attreation rate my friend told me that thanks to the new DPP rules and pvt players entering this field already 1/3rd of work force has quit to join these co's. who have set up facilities in hyderabad, and chennai

gogbot

Sigh, When will LCH fly.

Normally i wouldn't mind the wait

I want a new wallpaper.

I grow bored of my Un-painted PAK-FA

pavanvenkatesh

May be you are right. Can you give me a list of Indian made engine and there capabilities. I am just asking to increase my knowledge. No bad intentions.
none taken actually i don't have much knowledge bout our engines but i heard that Tata's have there own engines for there indica's in automobile sector also we have the kaveri engine which is a 2nd or 3rd gen engine although not as powerful as present fighters but still a good try for a first timers also we have the marine enginesame LCA research spin off

gogbot

none taken actually i don't have much knowledge bout our engines but i heard that Tata's have there own engines for there indica's in automobile sector also we have the kaveri engine which is a 2nd or 3rd gen engine although not as powerful as present fighters but still a good try for a first timers also we have the marine enginesame LCA research spin off
THE Kaveri was not our first engine. and Kaveri is a 4th generation engine. and can be adapted into a 4.5 generation engine.

WE had a few older engines before then

Principal achievements of Gas Turbine Research Establishment include:

* Design and development of India's "first centrifugal type 10kN thrust engine" between 1959-61.
* Design and development of a "1700K reheat system" for the Orpheus 703 engine to boost its power. The redesigned system was certified in 1973.
* Successful upgrade of the reheat system of the Orpheus 703 to 2000K.
* Improvement of the Orpheus 703 engine by replacing "the front subsonic compressor stage" with a "transonic compressor stage" to increase the "basic dry thrust " of the engine.
* Design and development of a "demonstrator" gas turbine engine—GTX 37-14U—for fighter aircraft. Performance trials commenced in 1977 and the "demonstrator phase" was completed in 1981. The GTX 37-14U was "configured" and "optimized" to build a "low by-pass ratio jet engine" for "multirole performance aircraft. This engine was dubbed GTX 37-14U B.

GTX Kaveri

GTX-35VS Kaveri Engine is intended to power production models of LCA Tejas.
The original plans called for 17 prototype test engines to be built. The first test engine consisted of only the core module (named "Kabini"), while the third engine was the first example fitted with variable inlet guide vanes (IGV) on the first three compressor stages. The Kabini core engine first ran in March 1995. Test runs of the first complete prototype Kaveri began in 1996 and all five ground-test examples were in testing by 1998; the initial flight tests were planned for the end of 1999, with its first test flight in an LCA prototype to follow the next year.However, progress in the Kaveri development programme was slowed by both political and technical difficulties.
Scientific Advisor to Defence Minister M Natarajan said nearly 90 to 93 per cent of the expected performance had been realised and the government had recently floated an expression of interest to seek partners to move the programme further

Kaveri Marine Gas Turbine (KMGT)

Kaveri Marine Gas Turbine is a design spin-off from the Kaveri engine, designed for Indian combat aircraft. Using the core of the Kaveri engine, GTRE added low-pressure compressor and turbine as a gas generator and designed a free power turbine to generate shaft power for maritime applications.

The involvement of Indian Navy in the development and testing of the engine has given a tremendous boost to the program.
As For TATA,

Designed and developed by Tata Motors, it is a five-door compact hatchback with a 1.4 L petrol/diesel I4 engine designated as 475DL internally. This is a homegrown engine which is derived from the engine used by Tata in their line of pickups and SUVs earlier with a reduced stroke. The original engine was designated as 483DL which stood for 4 cylinder and 83 mm stroke.
Also TATA now owns both Jaguar and Landrover.

Including all the R&D and Technical know how.

Then already have the capability to produce any kind of automotive engine. Before and after the purchase of Jaguar and Landrover.
This is because they made engines for trucks, buses and utillity transports, long before they made cars.

The same goes for many other Indian automotive factories.

As far as aviation is concerned there are a few turbo prop engines as well as the jet propulsion.

Not to mention the rocket engines the Used by ISRO.

Which includes an indigenous cryogenic engine.

As far as technology is concerned its not beyond our capabilities. to produce an engine for our helicopters.

Last edited:

pavanvenkatesh

THE Kaveri was not our first engine. and Kaveri is a 4th generation engine. and can be adapted into a 4.5 generation engine.

WE had a few older engines before then

As For TATA,

Also TATA now owns both Jaguar and Landrover.

Including all the R&D and Technical know how.

Then already have the capability to produce any kind of automotive engine. Before and after the purchase of Jaguar and Landrover.
This is because they made engines for trucks, buses and utillity transports, long before they made cars.

The same goes for many other Indian automotive factories.

As far as aviation is concerned there are a few turbo prop engines as well as the jet propulsion.

Not to mention the rocket engines the Used by ISRO.

Which includes an indigenous cryogenic engine.

As far as technology is concerned its not beyond our capabilities. to produce an engine for our helicopters.
thanx dude i guess technically we are capable but it is the beaurocratic C*@#P which prevents us from achiving them

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
LCH Flies Successfully

Alright guys what we all have been waiting for has finally happened. LCH has been test flown successfully. This has just come in from a very good source of mine. don't ask for links or anything. More details are awaited. I am sure our media too will come to know about it.
Congrats to HAL and to India.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Awesome...so the peaks will be a bit safer now...and so will our tanks...200 of these will be a boon...

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
The past few days has been great. First it was a great show by Arjun. Next comes 3 back to back missile fired by Strategic Force and now LCH. Great going.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Alright guys what we all have been waiting for has finally happened. LCH has been test flown successfully. This has just come in from a very good source of mine. don't ask for links or anything. More details are awaited. I am sure our media too will come to know about it.
Congrats to team developing HAL+ thanks yusuf for great news and hope as soon as possible cloud will cleared from AHL`s DURUV as well

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
thanks yusuf for the info and congrats to all including HAL LCH team.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag

In what appears to be a major achievement for HAL and the Indian military aviation sector ,the country's first indigenously developed attack helicopter, the Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) has made its maiden test flight. According to unconfirmed sources the LCH serial number "ZP 4601" took to skies today.

LCH will form the backbone of the Indian Air Force and Indian Army which are currently operating some 80 Soviet Era Mi-24's and Mi-35's. Both the Russian attack helicopters are getting old and obsolete and with Pakistani Air Force upgrading their American Cobra Attack helicopter their is serious gap in capabilities which LCH is supposed to fill.
LCH was undergoing extensive ground trails since February 4 and many were expecting it to take to skies in that month itself. The program was delayed for more than a year because of weight issues but its seems like most problems are solved now. The current prototype being tested is a non-weaponized version meant to test only the basic structure of the helicopter. Next two prototypes are expected to be weaponized. LCH will need many more hours of testing before it receives its final operation certificate. Both the Army and the Air Force have heavily invested in the project with 189 on order. LCH is expected to enter service by 2015.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
now what we need is pics and video of the flight.................... to any member who post it thanks in advance.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles