HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Yes, it can withstand 12.7 mm rounds.
I don't think it would have passed trials without armour.
It means during trails 12.7 mm were fired at chopper?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Lightweight Ceramic Faced Composite Armour Panels

Lightweight Ceramic Faced Composite Armour Panels for Advanced Light Helicopter and Mi-17-IV helicopter have successfully undergone integration and flight-trials
. This provides protection to aircrews and critical parts of helicopter against hits of bullets of 12.7 mm AP. Composite laminates were made using kevlar fabric as reinforcement and modified epoxy resin for matrix.

Kevlar-epoxy composite laminates of different thicknesses were prepared by compression moulding process. Kevlar-epoxy composite laminates were bonded with alumina ceramic cylindrical pellets with the help of epoxy structural adhesive. Gaps between the ceramic pellets were filled with modified epoxy resin.

Source : DRDO 2014 annual report

==================

That Russian video is for marketing purpose, In Indian context the panels are tested in a secure facility and certified for use before applying on platforms, The composite plates came operational in 2014 and afterwards.

Is the LCH able to withstand 12.7mm rounds? Or is the armor plating yet to be done?
Yes, it can withstand 12.7 mm rounds.
I don't think it would have passed trials without armour.
It means during trails 12.7 mm were fired at chopper?

How else would you test it's armour?

Mi 28 armor testing

deepak ghanvatkar

shells.jpg

India should take inspiration from shells for T-50 which has aircraft cannon shells that feature synthetic polymer navigation equipment.

The main new feature of the shells is that their steering components are made of a special plastic, according to Rusakov.

We should try to make such stuff for LCH.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
He expected rudra and lch would fail ...so that he could get some kickbacks from apache deals. Bad news for him....lch passed with flying colors...

No do not bring in Corruption angle everywhere. He is not a politician. What he said was right. Helina was few years away and there was no good anti tank missile was integrated with LCH so his concern was genuine.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

Myanmar Armed Forces Commander-in-Chief Senior General Min Aung Hlaing checking the India's HAL Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)
Myanmar is reportedly interested in acquiring the Light Combat Helicopter for its armed forces.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
Any update on Medium Combat Helicopter program? (Here or in may be other thread, there was discussion going on medium combat heli, one evensaid design is under progress etc,that link too if possible)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles