Gurmeet Ram Rahim - An internal security perspective

square

Strategic Issues
What rubbish. What does caste have to do with anything? I was the first to mention that his followers are from all castes even though they might be majority Dalit. In my village, a prominent Jatt Sikh retired Col was the first to convert. Dalits are as much or more Sikh as I am as long as they follow Sikh customs and regard Guru Granth Sahib as their Guru.

p.s. if you scroll through my post history, I have been specifically calling out dera followers as neither Sikh nor Hindu.
do i have to repeat....do not quote me again....

here2where

And which Sikhs would those be? :confused1: I'm one of maybe three Sikhs on this forum and I post actively on this thread. I have never in my posting history made a SINGLE comment hateful of Hindus. Can you please clarify your statement? Thanks.
Sir i did not intend to say any sikh forum members here hate hindus. As i said, an earlier content posted here (link below) seemed to indicate Sikhs in punjab/haryana are not in favour of hindus. i am copying the relevant text here:

http://www.rediff.com/news/special/why-dera-sacha-sauda-draws-followers/20170828.htm

"
Two, in a caste-ridden Punjabi society, 'dera life provides an equal status to all castes'.

Three, the dera unites Hindus and Sikhs, something that conservative Sikhs are against. (emphasis mine)"

If i have misunderstood the above line in bold, i seek forgiveness. I have highest respect and regard for brave sikh people.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Sir i did not intend to say any sikh forum members here hate hindus. As i said, an earlier content posted here (link below) seemed to indicate Sikhs in punjab/haryana are not in favour of hindus. i am copying the relevant text here:

http://www.rediff.com/news/special/why-dera-sacha-sauda-draws-followers/20170828.htm

"
Two, in a caste-ridden Punjabi society, 'dera life provides an equal status to all castes'.

Three, the dera unites Hindus and Sikhs, something that conservative Sikhs are against. (emphasis mine)"

If i have misunderstood the above line in bold, i seek forgiveness. I have highest respect and regard for brave sikh people.
No dude, nothing to forgive, I was just curious. Thanks for replying. And I am not a "sir".

"Conservative" Sikh does not equal "true" Sikh. Also, the media typically uses "conservative" as a substitute for "radical". Obviously, Punjab has a history of communal tension but this is present only in fringe elements.

In general, common Sikhs and Hindus get along fine. Fringe elements of both groups try to create communal tension between each other. And then there is the caste angle.

In villages, land owning Jatts and upper caste Hindus live and eat together. My neighbors in my village are Hindu Brahmins and we are like family. But mazbhis and other so called lower castes are segregated in their own neighborhoods and are discriminated by upper caste Sikhs and Hindus alike. :sad:

Bharat Ek Khoj

Despite GRR questionable character, the charity he had done is real.

This charity is very important.

If you don't consider it important, there is no point in arguing.
Rapist doing charity, thats a nice point to consider.
In UK, there was a rich guy who used to do lots of charity, but in real he was a pedo and had molested more than 100 kids during his life.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Rapist doing charity, thats a nice point to consider.
In UK, there was a rich guy who used to do lots of charity, but in real he was a pedo and had molested more than 100 kids during his life.
You can consider whatever morality you chose to.

The situation in Punjab and Haryana is not rosy. The mass following these deras have itself is big indicator how much fukked up these two states are.

You can afford all your outrage and justice and everything. But our community can't afford it.

With limited money sources and negligible organisational support, we have no choice but to utilize whatever we got.

Bharat Ek Khoj

The situation in Punjab and Haryana is not rosy. The mass following these deras have itself is big indicator how much fukked up these two states are.

You can afford all your outrage and justice and everything. But our community can't afford it.

With limited money sources and negligible organisational support, we have no choice but to utilize whatever we got.
So one does charity to a family and rapes one among them. Seems like a sophisticated way of raping.

Ancient Indian

You have gone nuts.
Agree with you, no point in debating.
:biggrin2: Come on. I never supported this guy.

He will rot in jail for sure. He is convicted criminal. My only problem is with Media focus and their vindictive narrative of the whole incident.
They could have shown the good work of the Dera. And then about the downfall of this guy.

But no... They hijacked it completely and our guys bobbing their heads to it. I didn't go nuts. I am just baffled at the hypocrisy.

square

Strategic Issues

what parallal we can draw ,.....

that the upper caste Jats...
the landlords of punjab , ( there is a reservation in ownership of agri land....jat are decleared agri class , they can own agri land , not the dalits )

richest of the rich ,
the political rulers ,

......allote themselfs the backward class reservation quota by their own political party called shiromani akali dal ....

and whose share they going to cut in the reservstion , its the dalits....

Last edited:

Bharat Ek Khoj

:biggrin2: Come on. I never supported this guy.

He will rot in jail for sure. He is convicted criminal. My only problem is with Media focus and their vindictive narrative of the whole incident.
They could have shown the good work of the Dera. And then about the downfall of this guy.

But no... They hijacked it completely and our guys bobbing their heads to it. I didn't go nuts. I am just baffled at the hypocrisy.
I have grown up reading and listening how Britishers were great, they built trains and other things. Without them india would have teared apart.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So 20 years it. Good. I'd say, let's close this chapter but there are other cases pending as well as appeals.

Kudos to government to ensure no violence yesterday after sentencing. The poor media had to switch focus to China.

Now let's use this precedent to fire on jihadi rioters in J&K or commie rioters in WB and Kerela. Also, hope the center grows a pair and executes the NBW pending against that imam in Delhi.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
:laugh: It is astounding that some people are still gullible enough to talk about caste based reservation in this day and age. The fuck people, these fucking reservations do not work. They have never worked anywhere in the world.

1) People who are most qualified for a job should get it. Hiring substandard government employees based on caste has a ripple effect and decays the fabric of our society from the core. We need to hire the best qualified and pay above market rate, period.

2) Caste based reservations have the opposite effect than is intended. They inherently assume that the so called lower caste people are inferior to the upper caste ones and need a cheat code to succeed in life.

3) A poor person from a higher caste is still a poor person. Why should a rich dalit get a reservation and why should a poor upper caste not if we are keeping reservations?

4) What is needed is economic support for the needy so that they get access to food, medical care, housing and education. Also, the government needs to concentrate on making the state friendly for industries so that people have jobs when they graduate.

Rest people can keep whining about low caste this, high caste that. As long as there are reservations based on caste, there will be abuse and resentment. Cry me a river.

Ancient Indian

I have grown up reading and listening how Britishers were great, they built trains and other things. Without them india would have teared apart.
The case is closed. And the victims got justice.

This GRR destroyed himself and the Dera which has some good history unlike the Britishers.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
The case is closed. And the victims got justice.

This GRR destroyed himself and the Dera which has some good history unlike the Britishers.
Ah, don't be so dismal. One of his daughters is slated to take over the dera so it will survive. Hopefully she doesn't carry on the rapist tradition but maybe people won't mind that. :biggrin2:

Bharat Ek Khoj

Other than rape cases, I also blame him for around 30 people who died in riot. There was already a threat before the hearing of case and still baba didn't sent any message to his followers to stay away from violence.
May be the fake baba thought he is living in old india where people will rescue him by violence.

Ancient Indian

Ah, don't be so dismal. One of his daughters is slated to take over the dera so it will survive. Hopefully she doesn't carry on the rapist tradition but maybe people won't mind that. :biggrin2:
It will be finished, man. That's how it works. Too much politics involved. His daughter is no where near him in terms of popularity and reach. Give few years. It will disappear.

This is classic example of power and popularity going into your head. You feel like you are some god and start abusing stuff given to you.

Old gurus of the dera must be rolling in their graves.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles