Gurmeet Ram Rahim - An internal security perspective

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
today is not the day for this topic.....may be some other mormal day we will take this issue...
actually today is not the day , may be some other normal day we takeup this issue......
Days like these reveal major fault line within our system. There is never a convenient time to discuss inconvenient issues.

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
Your understanding is wrong. There was intel for attacks on bases, but not sure of which date/area of operation, etc. But here specific inputs were known, but still they failed in clamping down.
But the state went into a lock down on 21st, the letter was sent out on 22nd.

square

Strategic Issues
Days like these reveal major fault line within our system. There is never a convenient time to discuss inconvenient issues.
so , where to start with ...

our great idiocracy or our great judiciary.

captscooby81

Country flag
@Nanjesh Patel @Cutting Edge 2 and all lets keep the politics of tu tu mein mein out of this for today and lets just stick to the issue of mob control and pray that our brothers and sisters in those states are protected

@Zero-Sum-Game Good you are loaded but it is sad to hear that a citizen has to pick his gun to defend his own family ..When will this country give protection noble law abiding citizens ..Out of box keep the LPG gas cylinder as back up if to much mob gathers use it like how james bond uses it in Skyfall ...

I will pray for your safety and all the dear one of yours for the next few crazy days ..

And i was thinking that army should be rushed in but again i realised this is not the job of the army man to control mob and stop rioting they are trained to shoot and kill not to bring people under control ..

I think CRPF has to be moved out of HMO and put under Defence ministry and better training should be given to them purely on riot control across the country ..

Edit : 32 have perished in this madness now and 300 injured .... and Vulture politics has already started

Pig Omar abdullah is asking who no one is used has human shield a famous and successful option ..

some gori journo is writing an article in Guardian saying people are rioting for men who raped and not for the women who were raped ..

Another saying people not rioted for 100 kids who died in Gorakpur and rioting for one Rapist godman

:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty: we will be doing this only for next 50 years also trying to do #whataboutthatcomparison

Last edited:

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
I know congress has lots of skeletons in their closet too but this level of anarchy is unprecedented in India.
I am still not in Congress camp but I am now done defending BJP, If gov can't provide law and order than thats enough reason for me to jump the ship. For me dream of Achhe Din is over.

DON'T even dare call me a liberal or anti IA. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME.

Unlike you I am not BJP's blind bhakt. I am Bharat mata's bhakt. So unlike you I do care about Indian children dying. I don't do victim blaming on innocent children for a CORRUPT POLITICAL PARTY like BJP.

Once agin Aak Thoo on BJP.
This is a prime example of when people expect too much for something in short time,BJP is not perfect and AFAIK the followers of this religion /cult called Insaan are in millions what did you expect when there so called Prophet/God is called a rapist they would go haywire.This is equivalent to Supreme court calling MuhamMad a rapist(which he was BTW)and jihadi pigs reacting.Indians need to grow some brain.

Zero-Sum-Game

@captscooby81 man, i am thankful for your concerns and prayers..... i hope that i would never have to use my firearm but i cant say what will the die cast. let me tell you something, i have personally witnessed flag march conducted by crpf in my city and i can vouch for the fact that they are well armed and prepared.(i have met them and i have first hand experience about their capability and armament). i have my doubts that this was a botched up political conspiracy. what compels me to say that is the fact there were no timely orders either to police force or the crpf.
what gives me hope is that fact our city hosts a large cantt... i guess being buffer town pays off in some ways.. people are also aware of the fact and so our area is starting to simmer down... but this will be a long night...

Bharat Ek Khoj

This is a prime example of when people expect too much for something in short time,BJP is not perfect and AFAIK the followers of this religion /cult called Insaan are in millions what did you expect when there so called Prophet/God is called a rapist they would go haywire.This is equivalent to Supreme court calling MuhamMad a rapist(which he was BTW)and jihadi pigs reacting.Indians need to grow some brain.
Then what was BJP doing by celebrating 3 years of success arranging 10 km rally wasting crores of rupees ! ?
Don't try to defend undefendable.

Zero-Sum-Game

@Project Dharma it is a delicate time and i can assure you most of the guys are well prepared but once the shit hits the fan there is no going back. that has actually happened back in 2007.
secondly, premis are mostly poor and barely literate for the majority and you know the tempers are high due to the sacrilege issue amongst Sikh community so this time i am geniunely worried for the fact that if any of them provokes us there will be no restraint and this could boil to full blown riots..... nobody wins in that scenario..

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
Then what was BJP doing by celebrating 3 years of success arranging 10 km rally wasting crores of rupees ! ?
Can you please be more clear?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
@Project Dharma it is a delicate time and i can assure you most of the guys are well prepared but once the shit hits the fan there is no going back. that has actually happened back in 2007.
secondly, premis are mostly poor and barely literate for the majority and you know the tempers are high due to the sacrilege issue amongst Sikh community so this time i am geniunely worried for the fact that if any of them provokes us there will be no restraint and this could boil to full blown riots..... nobody wins in that scenario..
What's this 2007 incident? Any news link which gives overall picture of the incident...

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I think this is going to happen now or in the future at any rate. This haramjada fudu ghoosa banda has political ambitions obviously. Better to have it out now when they are still a minority rather than in the future when they have stockpiled weapons and are able to ethnically cleanse us. Also this is the second time that agitating civilians from Haryana have targeted innocent civilians of Punjab. :mad2:

Edit:

Bai menu shakk aa ke beadbi vi premi hi karde ne. They have been doing it to Sikhs, Hindus, Muslims and even Christians.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
What's this 2007 incident? Any news link which gives overall picture of the incident...
He dressed up as Guru Gobind Singh Ji and was attacked by a mob. Punjab was on the boil for a few weeks after that. At that point he was supporting Congress btw. He has switched his allegiance to Akalis recently. Thereafter, Akalis made a statement that he has apologized and then Ram Rahim made a statement saying why would he apologize.

square

Strategic Issues
overall case is....

in 2002 atal vihari vajpaiye recive s latter from a lady , accusing ram rahim of raping her....
P&H HC took a sumo motto of that latter and direct the cbi to investegate....
cbi record her statement and start investegation , cbi interview several other ladies from the dera....
one more lady give similler statement....
2007 cbi fills the chargsheet....

what other evidence cbi able to get and produce in the cbi court....we have no idea.....

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
over case is....

in 2002 atal vihari vajpaiye recive s latter from a lady , accusing ram rahim of raping her....
P&H HC took a sumo motto of that latter and direct the cbi to investegate....
cbi record her statement and start investegation , cbi interview several other ladies from the dera....
one more lady give similler statement....
2007 cbi fills the chargsheet....

what other evidence cbi able to get and produce in the cbi court....we have no idea.....
Ah no, that is not what @Zero-Sum-Game is talking about. There were nearly large scale riots because of him impersonating Sikh Guru.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Why does this Ram Rahim have such a cult status? :crying:
Have you seen his movie MSG? :facepalm:
It gave me cancer.

Never really bothered about that guy, but today, because of him, I could not get my milk. Luckily the vegetable vendor was still open. Now there is a curfew in Panchkula, so I am not going to get milk tomorrow as well. :prison:

Thank god they moved him to Rohtak Prison. But did you guys see how he was given VVIP treatment even after the conviction? Damn him. He should have been loaded on that helicopter bound and gagged like a pig.

I just hope his followers are not going to start mob violence again at night. If they do and sh** hits the fan, I am going to make a beeline for Western Command HQ. Its a few kilometers away, but I know a route these Dera idiots don't. Fingers crossed that the administration does there job though. Sleeping with one eye open tonight.

Zero-Sum-Game

@ezsasa
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/Sikhs-Dera-supporters-clash/article15263978.ece
http://www.rediff.com/news/2007/may/17dera.htm
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Bloo...followers-and-Sikh-groups-in-Punjab-9307.html
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-deras-become-latest-trouble-spots-in-punjab-1259274
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6670569.stm

crux of the matter is the fact that this so called guru tried to proclaim himself as the true guru while impersonating the tenth guru of sikhs ' Guru Gobind Singh Ji' . he even tried to copy the tradition of "amrit"(baptism) and ordered his followers to take up "insan" as their sir name as Sikhs have 'SINGH' in their name. this never sat well with the various sikh factions as it was precieved as an insult to the religion and it also felt that the baba was trying to present himself as the living guru which is a taboo as Sikhs have "Sri Guru Granth Sahib" as their one and only true guru in 'Shabad form' after the ten gurus who were in body form.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles