Greatest Indian of the 20th Century

Choose one of your favourite Indian of last Century

• Total voters

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hey please do not start talking bad of Sri Ramchandra.He is a godly figure for many including me.I just cannot stand anyone talking bad about him.:mad:So avoid turning this into a dirt throwing thread.
I thought that Krishna was more popular in Bengal . Anyway, exceptions are there.
Offtopic, why Bengalis have lesser frequency of names of Ramayana( like Raghuram, Ramachandra, Ram, Janaki and Lakshmana) as compared to UP, Bihar and Andhra where Ramayan names are just immensely popular?

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
I really don`t know why the names are so less in Bengal.Well Ram and Laksmana are used as bengali names.Also Krishna is indeed more popular in bengali.I am also his devotee but Ramachandra is the one I would try to follow.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
This is new India which can see the delusions of Nehru and Gandhi.
It is still not new India.There are still a lot of people who will try to kill you if you talk ill of Gandhi and Nehru.These fanatics will keep on denying the greatness of Sardar and Netaji.Only a few people know the truth of India`s freedom.The rest are brainwashed by our great netas.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
I really don`t know why the names are so less in Bengal.Well Ram and Laksmana are used as bengali names.Also Krishna is indeed more popular in bengali.I am also his devotee but Ramachandra is the one I would try to follow.
I meant names likes Krishnabihari, Rasbihari, Syambihari and typical Bengali names like Devabrat and Subrat are certainly more common.
In a funny incident, I thought a Hindi man as Bengali because his name was Devabrat .:rofl:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
It is still not new India.There are still a lot of people who will try to kill you if you talk ill of Gandhi and Nehru.These fanatics will keep on denying the greatness of Sardar and Netaji.Only a few people know the truth of India`s freedom.The rest are brainwashed by our great netas.
The situation is better than 70s and early 80s.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

happy

Ram Mohan Roy was in 19th century but yes all these people had great contribution to Indian society.(thread is Greatest Indian of 20th century)
Yeah, I just wanted to point out that it is not quite possible to pinpoint on one individual as the greatest because each one contributed in one or the other way and each appears to be greater than all in their respective POVs. My 2 cents :namaste:

warriorextreme

Country flag
His ideology and teachings have only led to growth of Dalit charlatans like Kanshiram , Mayawati and Sushil Shinde. This nation grew because of Ambedkar? Given the fact that India has one of the lowest HDI , I do not know what your definition of growth is. Perhaps like congressi intellectuals, Ambedkarites want us to believe hat India was a hunter gatherer nation before Ambedkar.

Dayanand, Gandhi and other reformers did more than this paid british agent so far as removing of caste inequalities is concerned( all of these were westernized so even they do not deserve that much credit)
Dalit leaders like mayawati, kashiram consider babasaheb as their major icon and hence so many schemes and parks named after him in their states...their is periyar statue in Ambedkar park and not the other way around...almost all the dalit leaders of today consider babasaheb as their natural leader rather than periyar...

Most of the people like you think of Ambedkar as only a reformer...he was more than that...he was also an economist please read some of his books such as The problem of the rupee – its origin and its solution', Administration and finance of the East India Company, Evolution of provincial finance in British India and Small holdings in India and their remedies.

It is hardly known that Dr. Ambedkar laid the foundation for water resources and electricity development, the two sectors which are so crucial for the development of the country when Dr. Ambedkar was Member, Labour, Irrigation and Electric Power Department in the Executive Council of the Viceroy during 1942-46.

Do you even know that Reserve Bank of India was formed based on his ideas?

This is just tip of the iceberg of this master ecocnomist..read much more in below link.

http://www.ssmrae.com/admin/images/fd35f634ca18de28948a10a1c5af368c.pdf

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
@warriorextreme

Dalit leaders like mayawati, kashiram consider babasaheb as their major icon and hence so many schemes and parks named after him in their states...their is periyar statue in Ambedkar park and not the other way around...almost all the dalit leaders of today consider babasaheb as their natural leader rather than periyar
Hardly surprising as he is the only Dalit worth some salt. Dalits have nothing to show except corrupt leaders like Mayawati and Kanshiram so they have found a british paid agent as their icon and our politicians for votebank feed them on false history.
The reason why dalits do not consider Periyar as their leader is because Periyar was not a Dalit. He was of OBC group. Do dalits in UP vote for Mulayam?

Most of the people like you think of Ambedkar as only a reformer...he was more than that.
Yes he was more than that He wrote some nonsense on Aryan Invasion and demise of Buddhism and problem of untouchables and was a british agent

.he was also an economist please read some of his books such as The problem of the rupee – its origin and its solution', Administration and finance of the East India Company, Evolution of provincial finance in British India and Small holdings in India and their remedies.
Please have a little of Dalit revisionism. A lawyer becomes an economist because he writes some books merits of which are still debatable? Anyway, if being intellectual is sign of greatness, then call CV Raman as greatest Indian .

It is hardly known that Dr. Ambedkar laid the foundation for water resources and electricity development, the two sectors which are so crucial for the development of the country when Dr. Ambedkar was Member, Labour, Irrigation and Electric Power Department in the Executive Council of the Viceroy during 1942-46.
Yes, before that we did not have electricity and water resource management and were living in stone age. Dalit revisionism is so horrible. Mysore kings had developed these things when Ambedkar was a child and Cholas had built such great canals that British were forced to admit that not much needed to be done in some belts of Kaveri delta as regards irrigation.

Do you even know that Reserve Bank of India was formed based on his ideas
All countries have central bank so nothing unique about that.

This is just tip of the iceberg of this master ecocnomist..read much more in below link.
Also give me links saying that he founded Nuclear program, designed space programs and was a great commander. A man whom no one would have cared was just included in Drafting Committee because of large heartedness of Patel and Nehru and now revisionists want us to believe that modern India owes its existence to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

warriorextreme

Country flag
@warriorextreme

Hardly surprising as he is the only Dalit worth some salt. Dalits have nothing to show except corrupt leaders like Mayawati and Kanshiram so they have found a british paid agent as their icon and our politicians for votebank feed them on false history.
The reason why dalits do not consider Periyar as their leader is because Periyar was not a Dalit. He was of OBC group. Do dalits in UP vote for Mulayam?

Yes he was more than that He wrote some nonsense on Aryan Invasion and demise of Buddhism and problem of untouchables and was a british agent

Please have a little of Dalit revisionism. A lawyer becomes an economist because he writes some books merits of which are still debatable? Anyway, if being intellectual is sign of greatness, then call CV Raman as greatest Indian .

Yes, before that we did not have electricity and water resource management and were living in stone age. Dalit revisionism is so horrible. Mysore kings had developed these things when Ambedkar was a child and Cholas had built such great canals that British were forced to admit that not much needed to be done in some belts of Kaveri delta as regards irrigation.

All countries have central bank so nothing unique about that.

Also give me links saying that he founded Nuclear program, designed space programs and was a great commander. A man whom no one would have cared was just included in Drafting Committee because of large heartedness of Patel and Nehru and now revisionists want us to believe that modern India owes its existence to him.
How can I argue with someone who does not even know little things about ambedkar like he had degrees in economics the highest of which was from London School of Economics...he was an economist and a lawyer, not the other way around ..but I know you will again call him a british paid agent for getting economics degree from UK.

How can I argue with someone who thinks every country has a central bank so it must not a big thing to draft a central bank in India?

I rest my arguments...you can consider anyone you think to greatest Indian...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Sardar Patel was definitely one of our greats. I would like to add Narasimha Rao as one of the greatest Indians to have lived in the 20th century, without whose services India would have been a broken and failed state today.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
How can I argue with someone who does not even know little things about ambedkar like he had degrees in economics the highest of which was from London School of Economics...he was an economist and a lawyer, not the other way around ..but I know you will again call him a british paid agent for getting economics degree from UK.

How can I argue with someone who thinks every country has a central bank so it must not a big thing to draft a central bank in India?

I rest my arguments...you can consider anyone you think to greatest Indian...
Every year hundreds of students get their degrees from London School of Economics, what is big deal about that?

The reason why I call him a paid agent is because Ambedkar opposed freedom. He was not like others who did not take part in freedom movement, he opposed it as late as 1945. No excuse can be given for that.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sardar Patel was definitely one of our greats. I would like to add Narasimha Rao as one of the greatest Indians to have lived in the 20th century, without whose services India would have been a broken and failed state today.
N Rao is not given credit because he was from non Gandhi family. I disagree about broken or failed state. Indian identity has been very solid since 1920s and no matter how difficult times, our people would never have broken apart. Opening of diplomatic relations with Israel, liberalization of economy, Look East Policy and demolition of Babri Mosque are certainly his great achievements.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
See Ramkrishna Paramhans having Ram with him ... the first name that comes to mind when one hears the word Bengali....

Nevertheless Krishna became more popular in Bengal due to influence of Mahabrabhu Chaitanya...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
N Rao is not given credit because he was from non Gandhi family. I disagree about broken or failed state. Indian identity has been very solid since 1920s and no matter how difficult times, our people would never have broken apart. Opening of diplomatic relations with Israel, liberalization of economy, Look East Policy and demolition of Babri Mosque are certainly his great achievements.
Demolition of Babari Masjid ........ achievement ??

Ha Ha Ha ........ lols....

shinoj

Tihar Jail
Banned
My Heart gets great Relief seeing that Thug Nehru so low down.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
My Heart gets great Relief seeing that Thug Nehru so low down.
That poor fellow went down fixing the bounderies of India with China in which he was not entirely wrong.....

Like many other historical figures of India he thought diplomacy is a bluff that can be carried without the backing of [military] power...

Diplomacy without power is but bluffing..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles