Gagan Shakti 2018: The IAF Will Field 1,100 Aircraft For Mega War Exerc

Chinmoy

Country flag
Why hadn't we developed infrastructure in the North East? Because the National Security Advisers over the years warned that this could be used by the Chinese in the event of war!! Lol!
This mindset is not only of NSA, but IA too. They too are damn against road development in border sectors. Its only after Doklam that they have agreed to it. Otherwise in 2016 they had openly opposed the idea in NE sector.

@Tanmay someday you should interact with soldiers in Indo-China border. Their damn attitude you make you laugh heartily. Seen it in Tawang sector.

Tanmay

Country flag
This mindset is not only of NSA, but IA too. They too are damn against road development in border sectors. Its only after Doklam that they have agreed to it. Otherwise in 2016 they had openly opposed the idea in NE sector.

@Tanmay someday you should interact with soldiers in Indo-China border. Their damn attitude you make you laugh heartily. Seen it in Tawang sector.
Sirji, My parents take me to Vaishodevi only every year :/ A treat to watch tank ladden trains in Punjab:)
A few years back while in Kashmir for a trip the soldiers pushed our stranded bus to a garage while we sat freezing inside.
At Gulmarg another young MLI soldier walked upto us on realising we were Maharashtians. We happily gave him Diwali chiwda/shankarpali/karanji sweets we were carrying and he said he will eat it with his platoon back at base.
Cheerful folks.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Huh? :confused1: Examples?

Once I was there in Bumla enjoying the view :biggrin2:.

The another civilian with me while interacting with the Jawans posted there just commented on how it takes them a long time to move from Tezpur to Tawang after completing their on way acclimatization. Let me put it in near about same language so that you could feel it and enjoy.

Civilian: Sirji, aap kaise Chinio ka muqabla karenge? Hum to gaadi lekar ek din me hi Tezpur se Tawang pahunch gaye. Par aap logo ko to aane me itna time lagta hain. Upar se humare raaste dekhiye aur unke. Woh to kuch ghanto me hi yaha pahunch jaayenge.

Jawan: Sahabji, aap to yaha do din rahoge aur nikal jaaoge. Acclimatization ki aapko kya zaroorat. Hume to yaha saal bhar rehna hain. Upar se Chinio ko bhaagane me hume bhi do din hi lagenge. Bina acclimatization ke ho jaayega woh............. Upar se unhone raaste apne liye thode hi banaye hain? Woh toh humare liye bana hain. B***C***, jaldi se ghuskar maarenge unhe.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Sirji, My parents take me to Vaishodevi only every year :/ A treat to watch tank ladden trains in Punjab:)
A few years back while in Kashmir for a trip the soldiers pushed our stranded bus to a garage while we sat freezing inside.
At Gulmarg another young MLI soldier walked upto us on realising we were Maharashtians. We happily gave him Diwali chiwda/shankarpali/karanji sweets we were carrying and he said he will eat it with his platoon back at base.
Cheerful folks.
I was talking about the road connectivity concern :).

Had some same experiences myself too. Mere Maa Baap to ek hi baar me fan ban gaye... :biggrin2:.

Tanmay

Country flag
I was talking about the road connectivity concern :).

Had some same experiences myself too. Mere Maa Baap to ek hi baar me fan ban gaye... :biggrin2:.
Argh. Speaking about connectivity for the first time in my 15 years annual yatra to vaishnodevi, I reached Katra directly by train rather than taking arduous road journey from Jammu to Katra. Even the Udhampur highway has been 4 laned IIRC.

If modi is given 5 more years we will be at a comfortable position.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
The road in NE border is different from Pakistan border. In NE, there is massive himalayas and barren plateau land on CHinese side for 1000km. So, it will be hard for us to attack China even if we cross the border. But, on the other hand, the Indian side is highly mountainous and difficult for Chinese to enter. Very few villagers live in such border too. So, I too find it meaningful to keep some distance from the border before developing infrastructure. The Indian populous side is quite near the border and if the only barricade of tough terrain is removed by making roads, it will be easy for Chinese to come in

Chinmoy

Country flag
Argh. Speaking about connectivity for the first time in my 15 years annual yatra to vaishnodevi, I reached Katra directly by train rather than taking arduous road journey from Jammu to Katra. Even the Udhampur highway has been 4 laned IIRC.

If modi is given 5 more years we will be at a comfortable position.
Vaishnodevi is a tourist spot and superb road connectivity to it is a definite objective. Even look at Nathu La border road, which is used for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra and its condition.

But on other hand you should have a look at places where there is near zero to zero tourist footfall.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Last tweet is interesting. Junking theatre commands will mean Pak wont know what hit them from where. It gives us variables to put into war matrix which means confusion for the enemy.

salute

Did you take your Maharashtrian citizenship certificate from @salute before making that claim?

Triggered.gif
maharashtrian is a cultural identity and not common demonym so no need for certificate a common sense should suffice for it ,

@Haldiram

we dont need your certificate on as its not your place to say about it because you are an outsider ,

what our king ancestry is ???
what our people ancestry is ???
which is our cities are ???
what is origin of our language is ???
what is dna of our people is ???
what our culture and heritage is ???

and false bs about all of this you were trying to propagate using different profile names .

@Tanmay

Last edited:

Manish Khan

From Firstpost:
IAF's Gagan Shakti training exercise underway across all bases in country; light combat aircraft Tejas makes debut

Through a two-week long training exercise involving its entire fleet strength across all its bases in the country, the Indian Air Force's (IAF) Gagan Shakti 2018 event aims to exhibit its might and combat preparedness, according to reports.

Light combat aircraft Tejas, which had until now been only a technology demonstrator and was recently inducted into the IAF, participated for the first time in enhancing its operational capability, firing close combat and beyond visual range missiles, The Times of India reported. The IAF, which accepted Tejas Mark 1 into its fold, now waits for the improved Tejas Mark 1A and subsequently Tejas Mark II.

Air support, network-centric warfare, attack, counter attack and other parts of air force warfare in joint coordination is giving shape to the exercise, the report added. Maximum focus is to expertise on air to air counter attack and air to ground attack, it quoted officials as saying.

The Economic Times reported that "over 300 officers and 15,000 air warriors" are participating in the exercise, which also has the interoperability operations involving the Indian Army and the Indian Navy.

This exercise of the IAF is also being conducted to give a significant boost to the Make In India program, and will be a landmark for the indigenous aircraft development project, the report said.

In an interview with The Indian Express, Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa said that "full credit goes to our engineers that we have built up the serviceability of fighter aircraft to 80 percent, compared to a target of 75 percent, and a dispatch reliability of more than 95 percent during Gagan Shakti exercise".

These numbers were significant as they demonstrated IAF’s capability to "overwhelm the Pakistan Air Force by bringing double their number of fighter aircraft in combat, and that too with significantly higher throw weight", the report quoted senior IAF officials as saying.:india::india:

indiatester

Country flag
From Firstpost:
IAF's Gagan Shakti training exercise underway across all bases in country; light combat aircraft Tejas makes debut

Through a two-week long training exercise involving its entire fleet strength across all its bases in the country, the Indian Air Force's (IAF) Gagan Shakti 2018 event aims to exhibit its might and combat preparedness, according to reports.

Light combat aircraft Tejas, which had until now been only a technology demonstrator and was recently inducted into the IAF, participated for the first time in enhancing its operational capability, firing close combat and beyond visual range missiles, The Times of India reported. The IAF, which accepted Tejas Mark 1 into its fold, now waits for the improved Tejas Mark 1A and subsequently Tejas Mark II.

Air support, network-centric warfare, attack, counter attack and other parts of air force warfare in joint coordination is giving shape to the exercise, the report added. Maximum focus is to expertise on air to air counter attack and air to ground attack, it quoted officials as saying.

The Economic Times reported that "over 300 officers and 15,000 air warriors" are participating in the exercise, which also has the interoperability operations involving the Indian Army and the Indian Navy.

This exercise of the IAF is also being conducted to give a significant boost to the Make In India program, and will be a landmark for the indigenous aircraft development project, the report said.

In an interview with The Indian Express, Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa said that "full credit goes to our engineers that we have built up the serviceability of fighter aircraft to 80 percent, compared to a target of 75 percent, and a dispatch reliability of more than 95 percent during Gagan Shakti exercise".

These numbers were significant as they demonstrated IAF’s capability to "overwhelm the Pakistan Air Force by bringing double their number of fighter aircraft in combat, and that too with significantly higher throw weight", the report quoted senior IAF officials as saying.:india::india:
The exercise was done in April. There was enough coverage of Tejas in that (both good and bad).

Global Defence

New threads

Articles