France, Russia, and the Mistral Saga

Ashutosh Lokhande

Re: French officials said they will not deliver the first Mistral ship

You are right, Russia is not anti immigration. We could take more, but who wants to come here to freeze..m
maybe its because of lack of opportunities and not just climate.

josh67

pressure from united states....

Ashutosh Lokhande

pressure from united states....
hi, plz introduce and tell a bit about yourself in intoduction and greeting section by creating a new thread.
also dont forger to read the Rules.
welcome to DFI :)

Prometheus

India should scrap the Rafael deal with France, if this is how reliable the French are going to be.

JBH22

One more reason not to go for Rafale these buggers are unstable. You never know when they withheld technology and cripple your armed forces.

Go for more SU-30MKi and Tejas.

jouni

India should scrap the Rafael deal with France, if this is how reliable the French are going to be.
Don't become the new Myanmar of your region, and you will be fine with the French.

pmaitra

Don't become the new Myanmar of your region, and you will be fine with the French.
We need suppliers that will honour contracts. France was one of the countries that have so far been reliable. When Russia signed the Mistral deal, Ukraine wa not part of the deal. So France risks losing its credibility as one that will honour its contracts. India which has been sanctioned in the past needs to re-evaluate its dependency on France. I doubt we will be fine with France.

pmaitra

You are right, Russia is not anti immigration. We could take more, but who wants to come here to freeze..m
I have relatives and a friend's sister in Moscow and Tver. Not very different from Finland. "Freezing" is not an issue. Lack of opportunities is.

pmaitra

we should buy that ship, if they are not selling it to Russians............
I would buy it for a rock bottom price, if at all, because, we can make ships like that ourselves.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

we should buy that ship, if they are not selling it to Russians............
I have heard/read that those ships were/were to be constructed according Russi specs and for Russi conditions. Don't know how much time/effort/money it will take to modify that.
Maybe somebody with more idea knows.
Also the Russi will remember that during hard times we stabbed in the back.

PS: Welcome back sayaji

jouni

We need suppliers that will honour contracts. France was one of the countries that have so far been reliable. When Russia signed the Mistral deal, Ukraine wa not part of the deal. So France risks losing its credibility as one that will honour its contracts. India which has been sanctioned in the past needs to re-evaluate its dependency on France. I doubt we will be fine with France.
France is just following the sanctions rules. Blame the whole EU and US instead.

pmaitra

France is just following the sanctions rules. Blame the whole EU and US instead.
I am aware of that.

I also know France is not doing it because it wants to, but is forced to. However, whether they are doing it on their own or due to external pressure doesn't change the effects of what they are doing.

jouni

I am aware of that.

I also know France is not doing it because it wants to, but is forced to. However, whether they are doing it on their own or due to external pressure doesn't change the effects of what they are doing.
I think that you really do not understand EU and US if you think that outside pressure is the key factor. For example in Germany their industrialists announced early on that they support sanctions even if it hurts their businesses. Can you imagine how great it is to live in Europe where moral and trust are not empty words.

pmaitra

I think that you really do not understand EU and US if you think that outside pressure is the key factor. For example in Germany their industrialists announced early on that they support sanctions even if it hurts their businesses. Can you imagine how great it is to live in Europe where moral and trust are not empty words.
Moral and trust in Europe are indeed empty words, and I do understand EU and US, but that was not the point of my post that you responded to.

Prometheus

Same difference, ground reality is that India is not a part of EU or NATO, so the same restrictions applies on India as it dose to Russia. We dont want a supplier who buckles under pressure or/and is under obligation by treaties its entered into. Suppose tomorrow the US pressurizes EU not to export to India, would that mean that France will leave the EU just so that it could supply India? My point is just that, ground realities as they are .... it dosent make sense for India to go for a weapon that may or may not be there when it is needed most .

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

I have heard/read that those ships were/were to be constructed according Russi specs and for Russi conditions. Don't know how much time/effort/money it will take to modify that.
Maybe somebody with more idea knows.
Also the Russi will remember that during hard times we stabbed in the back.

PS: Welcome back sayaji
No back stabbing, Russians can have took at the ship............:p
We need strong navy therefore we can and should get our hands on everything which is available.

I would buy it for a rock bottom price, if at all, because, we can make ships like that ourselves.
ofcourse clearance sale.................. therefore price will be like that..............:thumb:

jouni

I have relatives and a friend's sister in Moscow and Tver. Not very different from Finland. "Freezing" is not an issue. Lack of opportunities is.
It is only few decades ago that a lot of Finns had to search for work opportunities elsewhere. All the best to your friends and family abroad.

pmaitra

It is only few decades ago that a lot of Finns had to search for work opportunities elsewhere. All the best to your friends and family abroad.
They have managed so far without your good luck, two of them since the 1980s, but thanks nonetheless. Is this supposed to be related to your excuse about people not going to Finland because it is freezing out there?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles