Forum complaints thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Guys, the Disclaimer section on the front page takes up a lot of space and it does look ugly to some members...

So I suggest that it be enclosed in a collapsible <div> container tag so that it can be collapsed and expanded by a single click, something like we've done for the tag cloud at the bottom of the screen...

Also, it can free up some more space for ads in the future...

Vikramaditya

Country flag
can we upload motion clip as avatar...
I mean its not uploading, i tried lot of time but there is no motion,there is no movement in the clip after saving.
why so i have seen few moving clip as avatar in this forum..........

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It's to encourage people to sign up and post. That's the reason why guests have limited access.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
can we upload motion clip as avatar...
I mean its not uploading, i tried lot of time but there is no motion,there is no movement in the clip after saving.
why so i have seen few moving clip as avatar in this forum..........
You can , as i have done.What file extension you are trying to uplaod.

prahladh

Respected Member
Hi, Please check the images. Anyone else facing this.

johnee

It's to encourage people to sign up and post. That's the reason why guests have limited access.
Yusuf,
while its a good idea, dont you guys think that guests could be given greater access to hook them on to forum.

Also, some sub-forums can be allowed full access.

A.V.

Yusuf,
while its a good idea, dont you guys think that guests could be given greater access to hook them on to forum.

Also, some sub-forums can be allowed full access.
limited viewing for guests will be allowed with new vb mod we are working on the forum for daily since the last few days once full upgrade complete you will get the fixed picture.
the forum styling and skins have been fixed as a standard

rest of changes to follow

yuebaili

I am so disappointed with India and Indians.
I am mostly dealing with Chinese issues. I like China very much. But I dislike the dictatorship and lack of freedom. I can understand why many Tibetans and Uighurs wants independence. And because of that I am banned from Chinese forums and even from Pakistan forums (because Pakistani-Chinese good relations I suppose). I have had no problem discussing such issues in this forum. But as soon as I just aked a question about Indian identity and unity I was warned. I thouht Indians were for freedom of speech. Obviously they are not. So I suppose Indian minorities are just as oppressed as Chinese minorities. Is there any hope for freedom of speech in India or at least in this forum?

Flint

Yueballi, you are free to raise questions about India. However, any post that suggests compromising the unity and integrity of India will be considered a breach of forum rules.

This is an defence forum. Not a democracy.

yuebaili

Why are you afraid of such questions? Is the risk of disintegration considered to be a reality in India? Similar to Pakistan and China ? Or is that a state secret, so we are supposed not to ask?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Let me ask you a question Yue, how would the Swedes react to a suggestion or idea of a part of their land given away to Norway or Finland based on language? For all the freedom of speach, it will not be tolerated. No country would tolerate such talks. It's called anti national and branded as treason punishable by death in many countries let alone India.

Indians are sensitive to any talks of division. We have worked hard to get our freedom and worked even harder to maintain that freedom and stay united despite being so diverse. We got divided once based on relgion, and we have come to live with it. But we will not and cannot think of any more divisions based on religion, language or anything else.

I would appreciate you understand that. You have all the freedom of speech, but there is always a limit in any free society beyond which it's called anti national.

yuebaili

In Sweden it is up to the people to decide. That is democracy. Does this mean we cannot discuss the Kashmir issue in this forum, just because it is formally a part of India?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
There are threads on Kashmir here. You can go through them.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In Sweden it is up to the people to decide. That is democracy. Does this mean we cannot discuss the Kashmir issue in this forum, just because it is formally a part of India?
Not formally but actually.

Wahi Guru de Khalsa,
Wahi Guru de Fateh!

A.V.

whats the big issue here mate , did the dfi staff ban you or limit you to any post here , you are free to post here on whichever topic you want but please do not break the forum rules, every place has a rule and you must respect and follow this

we offer too much space and hospitality for our foreign members please do not misuse or abuse the rights that the forum has given you

YOU
have made a post which pertains to DISRESPECT TO INDIA IN PARTICULAR AND INDIANS IN GENERAL AND TRYING TO MAKE RACIAL REMARKS PERTAINING TO GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATIONS IN INDIA this is clear violation of forum rules and an warning has been issued to you not to repeat such offence in the future

whats the big fuss about?

yuebaili

YOU
have made a post which pertains to DISRESPECT TO INDIA IN PARTICULAR AND INDIANS IN GENERAL AND TRYING TO MAKE RACIAL REMARKS PERTAINING TO GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATIONS IN INDIA this is clear violation of forum rules and an warning has been issued to you not to repeat such offence in the future
THIS IS A LIE! I have complained that obviously neither Indian laws nor the rules of this forum respect freedom of speech. This does not mean that I express any disrespect to India as a nation or Indians as individuals. And please show me where I mentioned anything about races!

A.V.

THIS IS A LIE! I have complained that obviously neither Indian laws nor the rules of this forum respect freedom of speech. This does not mean that I express any disrespect to India as a nation or Indians as individuals. And please show me where I mentioned anything about races!

although india is a republic we do not make north-south or east-west distinction ,atleast not on DFI,
what is racist and waht is not depends on the country on which you stay we only consider those that are considered racist in the indian so you need to make a bit more research before you make a speech

i will not quote your message on the forum because it was objectionable, if you need further clarification use the personal message function to contact the mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles