F-INSAS Futuristic Infantry Soldier As a System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Right said, But one have to upgrade itself with time which is not so much with top brass and hence interfere of lobbies with middle man to complete the tasks and corruption ..
see middle man is something which will always be there.they are basically agent which facilitate companies to go through all the red tapism and bureaucracy in most of the countries they have allowed it .as companies cant do without them regarding corruption much can be done to get rid of it but that's another discussion.it hurt me to see the condition of infantry soldier it is the most ignored arm of our armed forces even when it is the arm which is involved in operation's throughout the year.I am very disappointed and feel very sad of our army top brass as i feel they are ultimately responsible for such condition of infantry as being an army officer much was expected of them they should have taken a stand for their men in front of government .i was reading somewhere that two very senior SAS officer resigned when government did not heed to their demand of better gear and vehicles for their men as 3 of their men died coz of it they openly held government responsible and resigned that is honour and class which one expect from army officer's .just because we are a 1.2billion country it does not mean that a individual soldier life is expendable.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
the main objective of finsas is to bring our infantry to current american/nato standards which may take another 10 years while other countries will move into the future.

ghost

the main objective of finsas is to bring our infantry to current american/nato standards which may take another 10 years while other countries will move into the future.
it is this attitude which i don't like.why should we be behind others why not out do them and let them then come up to our standard atleast in terms of protective gear like this helmet.i don't see lack of brain a problem in india on the contrary we can do better at less cost but we lack the will or should i say "government" .atleast for protective armour we should not have anything but the best as it's not for show off or fashion but saving one life.

Twinblade

Country flag
The F-Insas rifle, is officially referred to as MCIWS (multi caliber individual weapon system).

It is most likely a conventional configuration, similar to Galil ACE, AK-12 or a heavily modernised Insas (unless there are multiple configurations).
Found this in one of DRDO's industry participation documents about MCIWS from march this year.

MCIWS prototype

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
i am glad that drdo chose the base this new rifle on insas which have been perfected over a long time by drdo rather than on a new bullpup design based on fn-2000 as was revealed earlier.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i am glad that drdo chose the base this new rifle on insas which have been perfected over a long time by drdo rather than on a new bullpup design based on fn-2000 as was revealed earlier.
Now it is clear that two different designs one for Multi caliber rifle and other is FINSAS rifle.

Kyubi

Country flag
This too.

Produced by BEL.
Why is that the tactical computer and the laptop have Windows Xp, why isn't BOSS ( Bharat Operating System) being used..???? I presume BOSS can be configured for military use ..... and if so i dont see why we should not utilise it FINSAS

Twinblade

Country flag
Why is that the tactical computer and the laptop have Windows Xp, why isn't BOSS ( Bharat Operating System) being used..???? I presume BOSS can be configured for military use ..... and if so i dont see why we should not utilise it FINSAS
BOSS is old news, there is a new Indian military linux distro coming out, being tailored by DRDO.

Twinblade

Country flag
F-INSAS or the Futuristic Infantry Solider as a System is the Indian Army's programme designed to modernise the infantry. It aims at efficient application of military technology to provide the soldier the wherewithal to operate across the full spectrum of conflict. To be implemented over the next three Five Year plans, the programme is to be completed in phases, starting with limited technology trials by 2017, a pilot project to equip up to a dozen infantry battalions by 2020. The remainder 350 odd battalions are planned to be upgraded by 2025 and full integration into a net centric warfare mode by 2027.
Complete modernisation of the infantry is still a pipe dream

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It wont happen, Some want it should look cool, Some want it should be practical, Some want it should be lighter, Some want it should be hitech, Some want it should cheaper and economical, Some want it to be super rugged, People in forces have forgotten what really a Rifle man needs at present ..

1. Get him a decent protection from fire, Bullet & Weather so does a proper camo ..
2. Get him a decent Rifle which carry more ammo and weight lesser so does ability to mount various scopes ..
3. Get him a decent communication system with a rugged MFD ..
4. Get him training on new tactics develop based on these technologies .

That is all need ..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Kunal sir is right when the rifleman should have simple system to work with. Soldiers are 10th pass so it should be simple enough like mobile or else more time will be taken by the system and it will give him little time to aim and fire his rifle.

plus communication in english language might be problem. Typing in hindi is even more difficult

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Put a HMD on face, That face is probably get a back of rifle butt in close quarter combat, If a person in combat is focus on anything is on his gun sights not incoming data beeps And many more such things ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles