Does India Have the Strongest Navy in Asia (excluding Russia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Even when Kolkotta is inducted, it will not be among the top 3. The edge enjoyed by the top 3 is jusy way too much to overcome. Whether it will edge out 052C as the 4th best is debatable:
EL/M-2248 vs Type 348
Brahmos vs C602
BarakII vs HHQ-9
AK630 vs Type 730
Indian build quality vs chinese build quality

huh, i don't know... :)

I agree with the last part of your post, you dont know crap. A combination of the best Western and Indian Technology is any day better than anything completely made in China or even Japan or SK. These are top of the notch stuff which only western countries can lay their hands on.

Comparing this to 90s Russian technology reverse engineered in China is no where even close. :laugh:

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
Dude, you need to read a military strategy book, badly. China was after and got Aksai Chin. South Tibet/AP had very little strategic value except more hungry mouths to feed.
The chicom doesnt know the value of a piece of tibet, and the second most important place after lhasa in Indian hands where Indian government is giving refuge to an exiled Tibet Government, Yup it has no value at all. Chicoms, even in foolishness and defeat they will find a silver lining.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
If you think Israeli system is god, fine! I doubt however that india, with a population of 1.25 billion, is aspiring to be a follower of a country with less than 10 million people.
With all due respect for your kind information Mr. Tony, by using the avionics of that >10 million population country and others, India made(rather assembled) one of the most renowned fighter aircraft and the best export fighter ever built in the world. We use their TAVOR which I think is one of the best in its category of bullpup rifles. If not Israel then do you want India to follow the BIGGY CHINESE "TYPES" !

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
HHQ9 uses a different launcher than the one deployed by naval the S-300. Unlike the S-300 system where each rotary launcher has only one launchable tube, each missile tube on 052C can fire independently. If you think Israeli system is god, fine! I doubt however that india, with a population of 1.25 billion, is aspiring to be a follower of a country with less than 10 million people.
It is intresting to note how one can move away from the origional topic to comparing the creative power of a country with 10 million population. Let me ask you this and I hope you will do a detailed resseach before you answer. How many of your weapon systems are based on Chinas own origional R&D? Even your industry in the private(State controlled) sector steals all the ideas from the developed countries and than denies it.
India knows who to follow so leave it to them to make the right decision.

China opened its door to private companies in 1979 and India opened up its market to foreign Investment only in 1991. They have made progress and more is required to be achieved. They will leave you behind with in next few years time if they continue at the same pace. Just realax and do not get agitated. Do not put down countries based on total population. Just look at Japan, Sweden, Germany as an example. Israel has a huge R &D edge over lot of other countries. I hope China will take lesson from them as well. Do not copy their ideas, see if can create your own origional ones.

badguy2000

Respected Member
US was built to kill the Soviet Union and survive in an all out Nuclear War. Before the Chinese know it, Missiles would have been unleashed from all directions of the known world into China, Hours later, China will be no more. If US fears China is going to let loose 10 nukes into US, then you expect the US to unleash hell.
guy,
1. the reality is stone-cold....USA is annoyed by the idea how soon Chinese economy will surpass its one.....
,Obama and his colleague are flattering China this way or that way.......in order to acquire CHina's cooperation or help.....

2.I feel you logic very humous that you are very proud that USA is ahead of China while you are not one Yankee,but one Indian...

Country flag
guy,
1. the reality is stone-cold....USA is annoyed by the idea how soon Chinese economy will surpass its one.....
,Obama and his colleague are flattering China this way or that way.......in order to acquire CHina's cooperation or help.....

2.I feel you logic very humous that you are very proud that USA is ahead of China while you are not one Yankee,but one Indian...
This is the end of the Chinese rise when USA evaporates 3 trillion dollars worth of useless paper soon.

http://dailybail.com/home/peter-schiff-of-course-were-not-going-to-pay-back-the-chines.html

"Of Course We're Not Going To Pay Back The Chinese"

pack leader

Professional
what is sow wrong with my country
we are a former British colony
we are rich
we are strong
we have a real democracy
we fight evil (Islamic terror , racism est est )
that is the perfect path for India (super size mode )

aramsogo

The chicom doesnt know the value of a piece of tibet, and the second most important place after lhasa in Indian hands where Indian government is giving refuge to an exiled Tibet Government, Yup it has no value at all. Chicoms, even in foolishness and defeat they will find a silver lining.
That Tibetan government isn't doing squat. You know it. I know it. You government knows it. Recognize an independent Tibet already then. What are you guys waiting for???

Compared to the strategic link of Aksai Chin, South Tibet/AP is of secondary military value. Like I said, just more hungry mouths to feed.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
well,

in industrialized era,the final of war is decided by NO. of active arm force,but by the NO. of factories.

India 's industry base is far behind CHina and Japan. India shipyard and shipbuilding supply-chains are far bebind China's ,Japan's and even S.Korea.
Now please dont start the economic debates here, master economist.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The thread is waaaay off topic and is back to the India v china v US thing that is really boring now.

kvpatel007

Wow, I wake up and the "Navy Thread" has morphed into a nuclear war discussion between China and the US (really though, no debate there, we all know who has 2000 plus nukes), LOL. I did feel the need to address the Israel bashing, so to say. Israeli technology is top notch, the Jewish people are intelligent and resourceful. Not to mention they have some backing from the US. But most importantly, Israeli NEEDS high tech weaponry because of where they are located!!! Short of Kashmir, they are pinned in a very unfriendly neighborhood, hence the need for cutting-edge technology in case of another armed conflict. India is a lucky beneficiary of this and it is starting to show (i.e. Phalcon, Barak II, etc.).

Iamanidiot

somebody close this troll fest yawn its boring to hear all these arguments again

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Wow, I wake up and the "Navy Thread" has morphed into a nuclear war discussion between China and the US (really though, no debate there, we all know who has 2000 plus nukes), LOL. I did feel the need to address the Israel bashing, so to say. Israeli technology is top notch, the Jewish people are intelligent and resourceful. Not to mention they have some backing from the US. But most importantly, Israeli NEEDS high tech weaponry because of where they are located!!! Short of Kashmir, they are pinned in a very unfriendly neighborhood, hence the need for cutting-edge technology in case of another armed conflict. India is a lucky beneficiary of this and it is starting to show (i.e. Phalcon, Barak II, etc.).
I agree - this is boring D**K measurement.

Let me put in my 2 cents (or 2 inches of D**K) here though.:dance:

1. Nuclear warfare is really the END - and not just END as the end of warfare, but the end of civilization as we know it. If the Chinese Nuke the Indians (highly unlikely) that would kill off all the advancements India has done in the last 60 years. When the Indians retaliate to take out the top 5-6 Chinese cities, most of the advances that China has made will disappear, both the nations will be left to pick up the pieces, with massive civilian, military and infrastructure damage. The other enemies/ competitors will sweep in like vultures to pick off what is left. Now, replace China/ India with any two other nuclear powered country and the statement remains the same - understood? So, let's leave out the bravado and foolish statements about nuclear warfare and consider conventional weapons only.

2. In a long drawn out conventional war, China will indeed beat India because the Chinese manufacturing base is BIG - probably 20 times bigger than India. Also, as we have seen during WW-2, in case of a 4-5 year long war of two equal sides (not like USA vs Afghanistan, but like USA vs Germany in WW-2), The country with more manufacturing resources can win by sheer numbers. Building 20 second grade ship which can fire missiles and torpedoes is still better than building 1-2 first grade ships. Sheer numbers will win in the long run. Now replace "Ships" with Fighters or Tanks and you get the same results. However, the long drawn out war will not only destroy India, but will also put China in so much stress that by the time the war is over, they will be weak enough to be picked apart by their other enemies/ competitors. So, it's a lose lose situation too.

2. However, the smartest way to go is for quick strike and neutralization of the economic/ military advantages of the opponent. Doing it with conventional weapons is tough, but not impossible. What they need is advanced intel - preferably ground based, but even sat-data will do. Remember, this requires long range missiles, attack aircraft, submarines and surface vessels. In this, China is ahead in missiles, India in aircraft (MKI and soon the Rafale/ EF), China in Submarines and India in surface vessels. So, this will be an interesting conflict based upon who takes what strategy, has better trained crew and has better intel.

Ace out ...

Country flag
In ww2 Germans had the best manufacturing base in Europe did not give them a victory. In ww2 Germans had the most advanced naval vessels of their time Uboats mass produced did not give them a victory. Any future conflicts with China will be an alliance no country will act 100% alone (including USA). Has China ever demonstrated any long range naval capability??

badguy2000

Respected Member

badguy2000

Respected Member
In ww2 Germans had the best manufacturing base in Europe did not give them a victory. In ww2 Germans had the most advanced naval vessels of their time Uboats mass produced did not give them a victory. Any future conflicts with China will be an alliance no country will act 100% alone (including USA). Has China ever demonstrated any long range naval capability??
guy, during WWII, USA had much larger industry capacity than Germany...you obviously know little about the history.

in fact, during WWII, USA's industry capacity= UK's+Germany's+soviet's. that was why ally can crush axies ...
USA's industry capacity was almost 10 time of japan's during WWII.

however, unfortunately, CHina's real industry capacity=USA's+EU's+Japan's soon.

Last edited:
Country flag
if USA were to dump 3 trillion, China would lose 3 trillion ,but USA would lose the credit and can not borrow 1$ more from foreigners.

of course ,I know it is very difficult for un-clever guys like you to understand.
You are the idiot how will you make USA pay?? we won't pay and China can't do anything. USA is not dumping just dishonoring.

Country flag
guy, during WWII, USA had much larger industry capacity than Germany...you obviously know little about the history.

in fact, during WWII, USA's industry capacity= UK's+Germany's+soviet's. that was why ally can crush axies ...
USA's industry capacity was almost 10 time of japan's during WWII.

In your dreams, Making junk and weapons are 2 different things. Chinese are just reverse engineering from a Russian base or from whatever they could copy/steal nothing special about Chinese industry making things USA made 100 years ago. This is no longer the industrial age it is the information age.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

goy, CHina's real industry capacity=USA's+EU's+Japan's soon= NOT.

China will never be able to take over all economies put together. You will come close to US only by the year 2035 at the pace your going now.

Also NATO helps itself and when things get difficult they will over ride the system and ethics and not pay China. If all of them join together and say something wrong is right, it will become right!! Thats why you need a strong Ally like India, not Pakistan!! What can Pakistan do? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles