Do the Bahmins deserve the infamy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukhish

before we start to glorify everything in our society, the fact that caste system exists in india and has been existing for long tells you something rotten in the society. that's primarily the reason of non cohesiveness

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
before we start to glorify everything in our society, the fact that caste system exists in india and has been existing for long tells you something rotten in the society. that's primarily the reason of non cohesiveness
Yeah, casteism was a curse, but why single out Brahmins only? All the other castes were similarly abusive to Sudras.

Also, the arguments made in the article is good. The bad of brahmins have been highlighted in our history, at least the history taught to the children, when ignoring the good. The Brahmins have been vilified throughout our history. Also, the history carefully ignores the period from when the casteism took its vile shape that the Independent India inherited. During Maratha rule, the lower castes were not that much abused. So may historians should study it afresh and point out when and where did the casteism started getting so strong.

Riddler_22

Well Brahmins started it but others were complicit in it too so I don't think it's fair to blame brahmins alone for casteism.Besides the early varna system was completely different to what became a disgusting practice later on.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
people have confused themselves.

The description was about Class Not Caste. But people have misunderstood the divisions.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Bashing bramins is something every melech has encouraged including Alexander as it destroys the cultural narrative of a society.

Indeed bharat's native traditions only survived due to the four fold Varan system.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji said the origin of four Varan is from akal purakh & fact is the melech only want to convert & destroy us so why should we listen to them?

Untouchability came about with budh & jain traditions & was eliminated by the Sikh Gurus in society but not anything else.

Furthermore if we continue to follow our own vedic republican system it means that the level of harmony or strife among four Varan will be different depending on area.

Zamindari i.e ksytrias owning land is a mughal system started by jahangir.

In real varnasharam dharam,

Shudra owns the land he tills
Vaishya control finance
Bramin live as beggar
Ksytria lives by bearing arms i.e tax

Should not confuse Varan & jaati.

In terms of jaati yes the BharatVansh is considered the strongest & highest.

Fact is Chankya Ji said that one yvanna melech is dirtier than 1000 chandals.

---
If someone wants to challenge the BharatVansh Ruling Bharata, they are free to try.

Country flag
Which nation does not have some form of a caste system? Whether it is social or economic can anybody name one? To blame Brahmins is just diverting the blame for the decades of political incompetence and corruption in india.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Which nation does not have some form of a caste system? Whether it is social or economic can anybody name one? To blame Brahmins is just diverting the blame for the decades of political incompetence and corruption in india.
its not diversion of blame to some imaginary shortcomings. its called - 'free speech'.

P.S. - Modi govt. is casteist (and ofcourse, fascist). down with Modi's Brahmanism!

Abhijat

Country flag
Was their a caste war between different groups in India?

If not, then it do tell something of the nature of 'division of labor' , practiced by people.

I_PLAY_BAD

I think Brahmins deserve the current infamy. Had it not been the anti-brahman movements led by people like Periyar et al brahmins would have played amok and severely hampered the development of poor and lower castes. They tried to impose their power in almost all quarters and dominate. They are the ones who spread changed the face of Hinduism. Any person who undergoes certain rituals and practices prescribed by the vedas is a brahman but what these brahmins spread a false propaganda like only brahmins were supposed to continue religious practices. They made a profession out of it successfully. Caste system was preached by them and integrated within society by them and their partners in crime.

Please do not think I am from a lower caste. I have seen how brahmins behave with and treat other caste people. That is why I am so enraged at them.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I think Brahmins deserve the current infamy. Had it not been the anti-brahman movements led by people like Periyar et al brahmins would have played amok and severely hampered the development of poor and lower castes. They tried to impose their power in almost all quarters and dominate. They are the ones who spread changed the face of Hinduism. Any person who undergoes certain rituals and practices prescribed by the vedas is a brahman but what these brahmins spread a false propaganda like only brahmins were supposed to continue religious practices. They made a profession out of it successfully. Caste system was preached by them and integrated within society by them and their partners in crime.

Please do not think I am from a lower caste. I have seen how brahmins behave with and treat other caste people. That is why I am so enraged at them.
Your post is full of innuendo, hasty generalizations, generic anecdotal statements with zero examples; hardly helping audience to have a tangible experience.

I_PLAY_BAD

Your post is full of innuendo, hasty generalizations, generic anecdotal statements with zero examples; hardly helping audience to have a tangible experience.
Those aren't hasty generalizations. Those are what I saw, seeing. Having said that, there are numerous literature available to strengthen my statement. And, I am not telling a story for the audience.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Those aren't hasty generalizations. Those are what I saw, seeing. Having said that, there are numerous literature available to strengthen my statement. And, I am not telling a story for the audience.
I am not defending Brahmins, I would have taken your assertions mere on face value, but you are new poster. All I am doing is giving you tips how to present your argument better. Hints are there, rest is your choice.

Thanks

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
okay, so if a King uses his power to march on other kingdom that's fight and victory and some one uses his brain without any violence to win over the kingdoms or suppress people to dominate on others, that illegal. Wow!

This statement must not be taken as generalisation.

I_PLAY_BAD

okay, so if a King uses his power to march on other kingdom that's fight and victory and some one uses his brain without any violence to win over the kingdoms or suppress people to dominate on others, that illegal. Wow!

This statement must not be taken as generalisation.
See, using one's brain and defeating an enemy in an open conflict is different from pulling down a person at an opportune moment with whom you are seen having a good relationship.

I_PLAY_BAD

I am not defending Brahmins, I would have taken your assertions mere on face value, but you are new poster. All I am doing is giving you tips how to present your argument better. Hints are there, rest is your choice.

Thanks
Thanks for your gracious offer. Agree with you.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
See, using one's brain and defeating an enemy in an open conflict is different from pulling down a person at an opportune moment with whom you are seen having a good relationship.
in open conflict also first plans are made. strategies are made and brain is used. spies are used. without that you cannot win a conflict.

I_PLAY_BAD

in open conflict also first plans are made. strategies are made and brain is used. spies are used. without that you cannot win a conflict.
Even that is anticipated by the enemy. What I put forth is entirely different from what you try to prove.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Even that is anticipated by the enemy. What I put forth is entirely different from what you try to prove.
it does not matter.... one is a psywar other is conventional war. and both are practiced today ..

British learnt the technique of divide and rule basically after coming to India.. may be some brahmin had advised them to do it.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles