Computer Console Gaming thread

Kshatriya87

Country flag
@OneGrimPilgrim @thethinker @OrangeFlorian

Get your free Prince of Persia game

Remember Prince of Persia? Feel like playing it again?

If that's the case, or if you just want to download it now on the off chance you may possibly someday feel like playing it later (cough, [URL='http://kotaku.com/5724641/are-you-a-video-game-hoarder']game hoarder
, cough), you're in luck.

Developer Ubisoft has kicked off its 30th anniversary by offering a slate of PC games for free, dribbling them out at the rate of one per month. Prince of Persia, an action classic that debuted in 2003, is first on the list.

To get it you'll need to install the Uplay software, which necessitates creating an account. I did just that -- for the sake of journalism only, I swear -- and it worked fine. The next free game will be revealed in July.

Check out Ubisoft's website to get the game and other details.
[/URL]

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
@Ancient Indian, since you are interested in aviation, check out Simple Planes.
@Ancient Indian, what planes is pmaitra referring to? Here are some screen shots from my MS FSX. It's as real as it gets where you can fly hundreds of planes each with distinct flight physics and one can fly over hundreds of airports in selected weather conditions. All these are actuals taken from sat imagery as well as Google. All the gauges work! And these aren't made-up fictional scenery. Here are some pics.....

Over Bern in a Robinson

Eagle County, US

Las Vegas

Gliding over Interlaken

London

Flying over New York in a Boeing 737

Innsbruck

pmaitra

@Mikesingh, as @Ancient Indian mentioned, it is not about making accurate 3D models, which is an art by itself. It is about understanding the physics that goes behind aviation. The game I was referring to actually requires the player to understand the function of centres of mass/lift/thrust, vertical stabilizers, horizontal stabilizers, symmetric/semi-symmetric/flat-bottom aerofoils, flaps, ailerons, etc.. Sadly, there are no slats in it.

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
Damn. even if I place a fuckin 60 foot wall around the whole minecraft village I can't get the damn mobs out its as if they just teleport in when I'm not looking I sealed of all openings so how can this be happening

The Last Stand

Country flag
F2P TF2 Noob!!

(JK, I bought it, but I don't give a crap about crafting at all, so no better than F2P player)

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
@Mikesingh, as @Ancient Indian mentioned, it is not about making accurate 3D models, which is an art by itself. It is about understanding the physics that goes behind aviation. The game I was referring to actually requires the player to understand the function of centres of mass/lift/thrust, vertical stabilizers, horizontal stabilizers, symmetric/semi-symmetric/flat-bottom aerofoils, flaps, ailerons, etc.. Sadly, there are no slats in it.
Simulator games are good for learning.

But reading is enough for me.
Writing code is great compared to playing game.

pmaitra

Simulator games are good for learning.

But reading is enough for me.
Writing code is great compared to playing game.
In this game, you don't have to write code, but you need to keep the dimensions in mind. You can also add fuselage sections, and add fuel or dead weight, to balance out your planes. It can be frustrating, but what is not challenging, is not interesting.

Check this out:

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
In this game, you don't have to write code, but you need to keep the dimensions in mind. You can also add fuselage sections, and add fuel or dead weight, to balance out your planes. It can be frustrating, but what is not challenging, is not interesting.

Check this out:
Nice video.

But can't play it. I use Linux os. Have to use steam to play games. And my laptop is old one.

And time.

Last edited:

TODELU

I would suggest you guys to try the Kerbal Space Program
http://store.steampowered.com/app/220200/
Its funny and it involves you building a rocket and launching it into space and what sort of modifications you make,it has Physics and others things involved,fun game.

TODELU

yes! have played far cry 1, 2, 3. part 4 is lying in my X360 HDD, yet to be played. Mr. Ghale has been waiting for me since a couple of months. far cry 2 i found best in the series with regards to realism & grimness. waiting to play part 4. actually squeezed between multiple gaming devices & games, & paucity of time to devote focus on anything for a considerable length. hence the stalemate at my end.

if you like stealth elements then try alien isolation if its on PC. tough game, quick death if spotted by the alien, & really have to use your head to survive. i havent played it yet but was recounted by a friend (splinter cell double agent is my favourite in the SC series).
Did you play Far Cry :primal

You have some of those Warg capabilities to use controlling animals and using HAWKS own vision to scout etc. very interesting game.Do try it. You can make sabre tooths tigers and bears your pets and ride them as mounts.

Anyone here is a Warhammer 40K fan? and Total war fans.
Total War:Warhammer is a must play game for RTS players.

TODELU

yes! have played far cry 1, 2, 3. part 4 is lying in my X360 HDD, yet to be played. Mr. Ghale has been waiting for me since a couple of months. far cry 2 i found best in the series with regards to realism & grimness. waiting to play part 4. actually squeezed between multiple gaming devices & games, & paucity of time to devote focus on anything for a considerable length. hence the stalemate at my end.

if you like stealth elements then try alien isolation if its on PC. tough game, quick death if spotted by the alien, & really have to use your head to survive. i havent played it yet but was recounted by a friend (splinter cell double agent is my favourite in the SC series).
Did you play Far Cry :primal

You have some of those Warg capabilities to use controlling animals and using HAWKS own vision to scout etc. very interesting game.Do try it. You can make sabre tooths tigers and bears your pets and ride them as mounts.

Anyone here is a Warhammer 40K fan? and Total war fans.
Total War:Warhammer is a must play game for RTS players.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles