Computer Console Gaming thread

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I mean i could not connect with the characters of battlefield 3 and 4,but this was not a problem in 1.

===================================

Cod is shit now.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
The single player is much much much better than battlefield bad company;2(which is touted to be one of the best battlefield).But nothing beats Halo in single player,its a cult,people wait for it like 5-6 years just to play the game.

Halo 5 was no that great but the previous 4 were just amazing.
Yup. Halo kills other games in single players. I also like Medal of Honor btw.

gekko

I mean i could not connect with the characters of battlefield 3 and 4,but this was not a problem in 1.

===================================

Cod is shit now.
Yes, COD, was always bad. The only one I liked was COD 5, which was about World War and was historically accurate. Japanese Banzai charges, Soviet invasions and what not.

@Kshatriya87 +1 to MOH, esp MOH Warfighter.

Btw, I've never played ANY Halo game, I don't quite remember why. Does it require an Xbox emulator or something? or can it be installed like normal games?

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Yes, COD, was always bad. The only one I liked was COD 5, which was about World War and was historically accurate. Japanese Banzai charges, Soviet invasions and what not.

Btw, I've never played ANY Halo game, I don't quite remember why. Does it require an Xbox emulator or something? or can it be installed like normal games?
WaW acheived a legendary height but linking it to black ops triology was Activision's mistake.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
You guys heard anything about the new Wolfenstein ? I heard they are launching a new version. Last one i.e. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was awesome.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

Sir,If you're talking bout very first Halo:Combat Evolved then it was also released on PC as Microsoft HALO or something.I have setup of same game in my game library.They released first two games (HALO:Combat Evolved and HALO 2) in PC.Too bad those morons stopped releasing later games in PC.

Both pc games are available on Torrents.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
BTW,I have a dream of making a raspberry pi arcade machine in my home with a big 42 inch CRT tv and custom arcade controllers.

An Angry Potato

You guys heard anything about the new Wolfenstein ? I heard they are launching a new version. Last one i.e. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was awesome.
You are a bit behind. The last game was Wolfenstien New Order. Its good game, you should check it out.

Yup. Halo kills other games in single players. I also like Medal of Honor btw.
Halos single player took a massive dump when 343i took over. Halo 5 is terrible. Single player is full of lore contradictions (how did the domain randomly turn back back on?) and multiplayer is has the annoying "Req packs". I'm level 104 and i still have don't have the armor set i want. So much for spending 200 hours playing the game :frusty:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
You are a bit behind. The last game was Wolfenstien New Order. Its good game, you should check it out.

Halos single player took a massive dump when 343i took over. Halo 5 is terrible. Single player is full of lore contradictions (how did the domain randomly turn back back on?) and multiplayer is has the annoying "Req packs". I'm level 104 and i still have don't have the armor set i want. So much for spending 200 hours playing the game :frusty:
Halo 4 was fun,didact and cortana on rampancy really fueled up the story but a lot of things were happening very fast,cheif will have to find halsey,stop didact from destroying civilisation.(if i remember right the librarian(didacts wife) helpled cheif).It had too much of content.

We really could not figure out what exactly happened in halo 5,chief initially wanted to get cortana back(afterall they were to gether for so long and cortana being lost to te flood/covenants in halo 3 also strengthened their bond),but cortana's decision to stand with the creators and she contolling most of IA's convinced cheif she is wrong.That left most of the players in emotional despair.

Even i was shocked with that,i wanted halsey to fix cortana but she(cortana) turned into bitch.

Wait for HALO 6,i beleive didact will come back.
He is not dead,he just fell in the slipspace of the composer,he will be back,he will attack earth and her colonies.

An Angry Potato

Halo 4 was fun,didact and cortana on rampancy really fueled up the story but a lot of things were happening very fast,cheif will have to find halsey,stop didact from destroying civilisation.(if i remember right the librarian(didacts wife) helpled cheif).It had too much of content.

We really could not figure out what exactly happened in halo 5,chief initially wanted to get cortana back(afterall they were to gether for so long and cortana being lost to te flood/covenants in halo 3 also strengthened their bond),but cortana's decision to stand with the creators and she contolling most of IA's convinced cheif she is wrong.That left most of the players in emotional despair.

Even i was shocked with that,i wanted halsey to fix cortana but she(cortana) turned into bitch.

Wait for HALO 6,i beleive didact will come back.
He is not dead,he just fell in the slipspace of the composer,he will be back,he will attack earth and her colonies.
I followed through with H5's story alright. My issue comes from the extended lore in the game. Cortana coming back was too silly. They made a lot of statements about how Chief will have to "Deal with his loss". Coming to present day Cortana is somehow alive, and has accessed the forerunner "Domain" which has given her complete control over any and all Forerunner Constructs. Here are my problems.
  • What Cortana did is BS. The "Domain" is a Precursor construct. It was merely re-purposed by the Forerunners after they wiped out the precursors AND it was destroyed when 032 Mendicant Bias attacked the forerunner capital with installation 07 during the forerunner-flood war as it was an entirely biological construct. Plus the domain cannot control/ do anything. Its just a giant repository of knowledge
  • The advertising for the game straight up lied to us. The was no "truth" in the game at all, let alone "hunt the truth"
  • The guardian themselves make no sense. They state that the guardians purpose was to "keep rebellious solar systems in check" Why? A single forerunner dreadnought can completely destroy a star system and deploy troops and/or ancilla constructs. Why deploy a guardian? Not the mention if a system was infected by flood the forerunner just caused that systems sun to go supernova
  • The whole plot arc of "Humanity must reclaim the mantle" just disappears. Why? wasn't that the whole point of the reclaimer saga?
Not to mention i did not like the introduction of living forerunners in the game. Their whole appeal was the fact that they were extinct (well not anymore i guess). Reading the terminals in halo 3 was one of my favorite moments in the halo franchise. The backlash against H5's story was so strong that 343i removed Brian Reed (the guy who wrote the story for H5). Lets not even get started on the multiplayer. Halo 5 is nothing more than a cash grab dumpster fire in my opinion.

As for the Didact he IS alive. He has been composed into foreunner ai/digital format.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I Wish they rewive COD Modern Warfare series with some new installments.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
The advertising for the game straight up lied to us. The was no "truth" in the game at all, let alone "hunt the truth"
Maybe truth comes out in next game,remember cortana initiating a new installation.

And till the revival of didact there was no one which could challebge the human race to claim the mantle.

I beleive cortana will join didact in next game,she has the ability to control AI's.

An Angry Potato

Maybe truth comes out in next game,remember cortana initiating a new installation.

And till the revival of didact there was no one which could challebge the human race to claim the mantle.

I beleive cortana will join didact in next game,she has the ability to control AI's.
Fact remains that we were sold a different product than what was advertised. Dont advertise hunt the truth in halo 5 if i dont get to hunt the truth in halo 5. I doubt halo will make a return, now that microsoft has sunk its greedy claws into it. I mostly play indie/old ps2 era games nowadays:frown:

gekko

Yo homies, check this out :

Nice mountains, eh? it's made in the Unreal Engine, (the one that is used for Unreal Tournament). An indicator of things to come.

Krusty

Country flag
Yo homies, check this out :

Nice mountains, eh? it's made in the Unreal Engine, (the one that is used for Unreal Tournament). An indicator of things to come.
I'd be staggered if this was the quality that is rendered real time in game

No.1 fan of the original Unreal tournament (1999). Especially during the UT vs Quake3 times, I was strictly on team UT..

If I start talking about the unreal engine I literally won't stop. I'm hyped AF. I really hope the new UT doesn't only concentrate on pixels and polygons like the erstwhile quake 3 did. What really carried UT was the amazing variety of maps along with fluid gameplay And innovative game modes. Something which a lot of games these days aren't concentrating on. Pixels and polygons go only so far in making a game popular. Just look at the number of servers still running CS 1.5

Last edited:

gekko

No we are not people in the 80s were not having internet however we do.
He's talking about a moral corruption in the gaming industry. It has been taken over by the Ivy League 'marketers' and the core engineers have been sidelined. This pattern has been consistent with every industry. Games used to be something gamers made for other gamers, so the feedback loop was strong. Now the focus has shifted from user experience to squeezing money through in-game purchases.

This has happened with the automobile industry too. Instead of engineers making 'good engines' there are marketers selling you 'a class' or some other mumbo jumbo, while the engine under the hood remains the same, only the cosmetics are upgraded for the sake of sales. @Krusty simply loves marketers. :D

No.1 fan of the original Unreal tournament (1999). Especially during the UT vs Quake3 times, I was strictly on team UT..

If I start talking about the unreal engine I literally won't stop. I'm hyped AF
Ever since they've made it open source, people have really gone crazy with new arena designs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles