Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jouni

Thanks for putting up the Kremlin version. Now everybody can do the comparison and learn how Kremlin works.

pmaitra

Thanks for putting up the Kremlin version. Now everybody can do the comparison and learn how Kremlin works.
Sure. One has to balance out the western myth-peddling with facts. I hope I did not hurt anyone's feelings. ;)

P.S.: I meant Sukhoi-25, not 30. I have corrected it.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
What a waste !!! You guys brought this upon yourself. I wonder if any aviation enthusiast can restore them.
Who needs them? The militants? Lugansk, under the control of LNR.

jouni

What a waste !!! You guys brought this upon yourself. I wonder if any aviation enthusiast can restore them.
I thought those Antonov-2´s are undistructable... they are used by a lot of Finnish parachute clubs.

arpakola

Poroshenko has replaced that clown Geletei with a bona fide war criminal Col. Gen. Stepan Poltorak,
Poroshenko has replaced that clown Geletei with a bona fide war criminal Col. Gen. Stepan Poltorak, a far more dangerous and evil character who used to be the commander in chief of the junta's death squads (aka "national guard").

Stepan Poltarak
The fact that Poroshenko would appoint such an odious figure indicates that he is trying to appease the neo-Nazis who are demanding a full resumption of hostilities. Interestingly, just like Geletei, Poltorak is not a military man but a person who made his career in the Ministry of Internal Affairs from where he was picked to head the notorious "national guard".

On the same day, Pavel Gubarev, the "people's governor" of Donetsk was the victim of an attack on his vehicle. Even though he was not hit by bullets, he has suffered very serious head trauma as a result of the crash of his car. He is now in a hospital in Russia in very serious condition.

Pavel Gubarev
The list of potential candidates who had an interest in murdering Gubarev is long. First and foremost, I would list the Ukrainian oligarchs whose assets Gubarev had promised to seize then, of course, the junta and various Neo-Nazis. Next, I cannot exclude the possibilityt that Gubarev could have been targeted by his own, Novorussian, political enemies and, finally, I would not exclude that the attack could have come from those circles in Russia who would see him as an obstacle for their plans for Novorussia. Needless to say, the hurray-patriots will blame Putin. Regardless of who ordered this murder, the fact that Gubarev is in very serious condition in a Russian hospital is very bad news as this is bound to have an extremely polarizing and distruptive effect on the ungoing feud between various Novorussian leaders.

click here for high res
Finally, there are numerous reports of Ukrainian attack all along the line of demarcation, including artillery strikes on Donetsk. The front has no moved much, but we are fare away from the "days of silence" which had been announced (see map).

Novorussian intelligence sources are constantly reporting large concentrations of Ukie armor in various locations and the arrival of more troops. At the same time, the work for the the creation of the buffer zone seems to be continuing. I am getting the sickening feeling that just like the Georgians who worked with the Russian peacekeepers right until Saakashvili ordered his troops to attack, the Ukies will contine working on the demarcation line right up until the moment of they will attack.

Victoria Nuland
Past experience shows that each time a top level US official visits Kiev, something very bad happens. Victoria Nuland (aka "f**k the EU") has just concluded a visit to Kiev which received only very little coverage. The purpose of her trip was never clearly explained and after she left, no official results of the trip were announced.

Things look decidedly bleak and the fact that there will soon be elections in Banderastan and Novorussia will not make things better.

There is also a very real possibility that the US are considering dumping Poroshenko for another figure. I have an article on this tomorrow in Russia Insider and I will re-post it here. If that happens, we can expect an ever worse and more ruthless commander in chief for the Junta Repression Forces.

How bad could it get?

Superior morale and training: he will win
The military map shows that the Novorussian Armed Forces are in a fundamentally sound posture and that they should be able to prevent any deep Ukie incursion (unless,of course, the will decide to pull the JRF in to better incircle it). I have it from an excellent source (about which I will tell you in a couple of week), that the morale of the Novorussians is sky high, though I cannot imagine that the infighting inside the Novorussian leadership will not have negative impact. The fact that Russia has, for the time being, decided to turn off the "aid-spigot" must also be demoralzing and no amout of guarantess given by the Kremlin can change that. Still, the NAF are far better trained, often better equipped (in qualitative terms only), their current posture is sound and Russia will, I am sure and my sources fully concur with this, re-open the "aid spigot" should the JRF attack again. The Ukies have their usual advantage in numbers (men, armor, artillery). I therefore have no reasons to believe that they will be more successful the next time around.

Russian Airmobile attack
One more thing in conclusion: you have probably heard that western sources announced that the Russians had withdrawn (some vague) "forces" from the border; you might even have heard that the Russians confirmed it. This is all a big smokescreen. The Empire says "we scared the Russians" and the Russians reply "see how peace-loving a good we are?!". In reality Russian forces are mobile enough that they don't need to be close to the border to intervene in Novorussia. If a Russian intervention ever happens (say if Donetsk really risks being overrun by the Ukies), then this will mostly involved very mobile forces (special, airmobile and airborne), supported by fixed and rotary wing aircraft, which will give plenty of time for heavier forces to move in, if and when needed (which will not be very often). Check out the image above of Russian Airborne Forces training in the Caucasus: this is what a Russian intervention in Novorussia would like. Not long columns of tanks.

The Saker
Bonus Video here ..
http://garizo.blogspot.gr/2014/05/blog-post_13.html
graphic warning..

Last edited:

arpakola

Russian news: Is the US Getting Ready to Dump Poroshenko? - Russia Insider
Is the US Getting Ready to Dump Poroshenko?
It looks like Poroshenko's days are numbered. His most likely replacement? The extreme right.

Officially, of course, Ukrainian Defence Minister Valerii Geletei submitted his resignation which was accepted. But the truth of the matter is that Heletey was sacked for gross incompetence and for making idiotic claims that the Russian military had used two tactical nuclear weapons at the Lugansk airport. The question is, of course, whether that will solve Poroshenko's problem.

After all, if Geletei promised a victory parade in Sevastopol, Poroshenko promised one in Donetsk. He did get one, but not the one he hoped for:
:cool2:
a parade of Ukrainian prisoners followed by street-cleaning trucks. Poroshenko also promised to liquidate the "terrorists" in a matter of days, but instead his military suffered a crushing and most humiliating defeat. Finally, Poroshenko did go to the US to get a special ally status for the Ukraine, a conference of "friends of the Ukraine", lethal aid and lots of money. In the end, he got nothing besides standing ovations and smiles. The critical question is, why did the US gave nothing meaningful to Poroshenko? Could it be that the US has decided that he is unable to deliver anything useful?
,.....What all this means is that Poroshenko is in a hopeless situation and that seems to be the conclusion in Washington too. The question now is who would the US appoint to replace him? Yatsenyuk or Turchinov are probably the best candidates, but just as the US lost control of al-Qaeda/ISIS in Syria and in Iraq, there are increasing signs that it is losing control of the situation in Kiev and it is by no means sure that a 3rd Maidan would leave these two men in power.
==================================

Russian news: Ukraine on Verge of Social, Economic Collapse as Reality Sinks In - Russia Insider
Ukraine on Verge of Social, Economic Collapse as Reality Sinks In
Crashing currency, skyrocketing utility costs, empty government coffers: it's a mess
Things couldn't get much worse. Ninety-three percent of Ukrainians say that the economy is in bad shape, and they are right. The IMF forecasts a 15 to 20 percent decline in Ukraine's GDP this year, and Kiev may need an additional $19 billion from the fund just to keep the government afloat.

Meanwhile, the hryvnia is in free fall. The devaluation, and a run on deposits (Ukrainians have withdrawn around 101 billion hryvnia since the beginning of the year), recently led to the collapse of 17 of Ukraine's 180 banks. Fifteen more are close to default.
http://www.bne.eu/content/story/imf-warns-ukraine-aid-package-may-not-be-enough

Last edited:

happy

Russian news: Is the US Getting Ready to Dump Poroshenko? - Russia Insider
Is the US Getting Ready to Dump Poroshenko?
It looks like Poroshenko's days are numbered. His most likely replacement? The extreme right.
The last lines are quite interesting......

Things look very grim for Ukraine. There is a very real possibility that many deathsquad leaders (aka "volunteer battalion commanders") will make it into the Rada (parliament), that extreme right-winger Lyashko will become the next Rada Speaker and that the next Rada might be generally even more extremist than the last one. The cold season has barely started and already there are shortages and protests in many places. The economy is dead and in free fall.

What all this means is that Poroshenko is in a hopeless situation and that seems to be the conclusion in Washington too. The question now is who would the US appoint to replace him? Yatsenyuk or Turchinov are probably the best candidates, but just as the US lost control of al-Qaeda/ISIS in Syria and in Iraq, there are increasing signs that it is losing control of the situation in Kiev and it is by no means sure that a 3rd Maidan would leave these two men in power.

Will the US turn to the extreme-right next?

arpakola

Prize-Winning US Documentary: West Implicated in January Massacre Which Started Ukraine Crisis

================================

in RADA

Last edited by a moderator:

arpakola

Tense stand-off btw far-right march and police at Kiev parliament building

Tense stand-off btw far-right march and police at Kiev parliament building — RT News

Kiev police are deploying additional forces around the parliament building after a group of demonstrators started throwing smoke and stun bombs at guards in an apparent reprisal over MPs' failure to honor past nationalists.

Streaming video from the scene showed officers in riot gear standing in tight formations near the building, as occasional bangs from exploding stun grenades were heard in the distance.

jouni

Sure. One has to balance out the western myth-peddling with facts. I hope I did not hurt anyone's feelings. ;)

P.S.: I meant Sukhoi-25, not 30. I have corrected it.
Actually, I was a little bit hurt by your use of language. If you would use less the words "nazi", "coup", "thug", "puppet" and talk instead "right wing nationalist", "Regime change", "militia type violent individual" and "West/Russia sympatizer" your post would be much nicer to read. Using these kind of words underestimates sometimes the logic there is in the post. Don´t worry also RT & co do the same mistakes, so it is understandable.

arpakola

Actually, I was a little bit hurt by your use of language. If you would use less the words "nazi", "coup", "thug", "puppet" and talk instead "right wing nationalist", "Regime change", "militia type violent individual" and "West/Russia sympatizer" your post would be much nicer to read. Using these kind of words underestimates sometimes the logic there is in the post. Don´t worry also RT & co do the same mistakes, so it is understandable.
Destroy Moscow..
Уничтожить Москву

===========================
Poroshenko soon will look like a symbol with no political power. Thugs like Lyasko and Svoboda boys will take over RADA.
Ukraine is sinking deeper and deeper into fascism.. (like the Baltics..)
thats the trouth

arpakola

Южная Осетия официально признала независимость ДНР и ЛНР
Colonel Cassad - Южная Осетия официально признала независимость ДНР и ЛНР

Ossetia regognises the autonomy of Donbass
ПРЕЗИДЕНТ ЮЖНОЙ ОСЕТИИ ПОДПИСАЛ УКАЗ О ПРИЗНАНИИ НЕЗАВИСИМОСТИ ДНР И ЛНР

Президент Южной Осетии Леонид Тибилов подписал указ о признании независимости Донецкой и Луганской Народных Республик.
Как сообщает пресс-центр ДНР, во время встречи президента Южной Осетии Леонида Тибилова и спикера Парламента Новороссии Олега Царева, президент Южной Осетии подписал специальный указ о признании независимости Донецкой и Луганской Народных Республик.
Во время разговора Леонид Тибилов подчеркнул, что на его взгляд, судьбы Южной Осетии и Новоросии очень схожи и близки, поскольку когда-то народ Южной Осетии также ощущал на себе давление со стороны власти и ущемление прав человека. Поэтому, президент не равнодушен к тому, что происходит на территориях самопровозглашенных республик.
«Сегодня, после подписания мною Указа о признании независимости Луганской и Донецкой народных республик, мы имеем возможность обговорить наше дальнейшее сотрудничество»,
— отметил Леонид Тибилов.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Южная Осетия официально признала независимость ДНР и ЛНР
Colonel Cassad - Южная Осетия официально признала независимость ДНР и ЛНР

Ossetia regognises the autonomy of Donbass
The population of one district of Donetsk.

ladder

Country flag
Not sure if you're deliberately misreading me, or you're just dyslexic. I mentioned Greece in reference to the evolution of Christian morality, i.e. the potential influence of Greek Philosophy on the New Testament.

Conversing with you Ray, is several pay-grades below me. Have a nice weekend, I'm signing out I can't be bothered schooling you anymore.

Sure, and Western Democratic states are all Christian and have based their Laws (and morality) on the Bible.
You mean to say Australian govt. (like the Chinese) have hired 10 cent-ers and 25 cent-ers also, apart from your pay grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles