Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

Very Funny: German Satire of Anti-Russian Propaganda Goes Viral (Video)

Russia Insider

This video is going viral.

It seems to have touched a nerve in Germany, where there is growing discontent due to a perception that their media is very biased and misleading regarding the Ukraine crisis.

Hard to believe, but the German media has been worse than the Anglo-Saxon media in this regard.

Its theme is very similar to a similar satire from August, which we wrote about, and can be watched here.

This skit is from a very popular German political satire show called “Die Anstalt” (The Nut House), with a broad audience. Judging from the audience reaction, the wheels are starting to come off the government's version of events on Russia and the Ukraine.

Expect to see Germany distancing itself from the US on the Ukraine. More and more public figures are speaking out about this in Germany.

(Subtitled in English)

pmaitra

Request to members: Please do not post NSFW (Not Safe For Work) contents. If you must, place it in a spoiler and mark "NSFW."

pmaitra

Appearance and Reality in Kiev-Controlled Artemovsk (1/3)
If everyone is so patriotic, why do so many want to leave?

Ricky Twisdale | Russia Insider

Correspondent Graham Phillips has posted a few telling photos on his blog which were sent to him from Artemovsk in Ukraine. Artemovsk is located in the part of Donbass which initially was controlled by the Donetsk People's Republic, but was “liberated” by Kiev government troops.

These photos show one of the most visible facets of life in today's Ukraine: the ever-present war propaganda in all sectors of public life and a constantly maintained false state of alert about a “Russian invasion.”

Yet, they also display a stark contrast between appearance and reality in Ukraine. Judging from the streets, there would appear to be a very high level of Ukrainian patriotism, with half the city painted in blue and gold (standard for all of Ukraine nowadays), but a closer look reveals a different picture…

Ukrainian army propaganda: “Dignity, Will, and Victory”

Men in uniform are to be seen everywhere…

As are the Ukrainian national colors…

The banner reads: “Donbass is Ukraine!”

A Ukrainian post office

pmaitra

Appearance and Reality in Kiev-Controlled Artemovsk (2/3)

A mini-bus or “marshrutka”

A Ukrainian Post vehicle

The Ukrainian flag is ubiquitous…

pmaitra

Appearance and Reality in Kiev-Controlled Artemovsk (3/3)

But…

Ads for transport to Rostov, Moscow, Petersburg, Krasnodar, and Voronezh – all in Russia.

…More of the same

Hmm.. Odessa, Krasnodar, Petersburg and Moscow. The last 3 cities are in Russia. A call to the phone number confirmed it was for transport. Well at least it's in Ukrainian colors!

Ukraine reduced to a single photo: a super-patriotic veneer belies people trying to escape a shattered economy – even by moving to the “aggressor state” of Russia

Whatever the civilian population of Artemovsk thinks of the war, one thing is clear: not everything about life in post-Maidan Ukraine is how it is portrayed in Western media.

pmaitra

Ukraine Buys 40,000 Tons of Coal a Day from ‘Russian Terrorists’
Very nice of those invading Russian terrorists to sell precious raw materials to the country they are supposedly trying to take over

(Sputnik) | Russia Insider

Although this article uses the term “separatists,” as does Western media, the Ukrainian government and media regularly and almost without exception refer to the armed forces of the Donbass republics (and often the population in general) as “terrorists” or even “Russian terrorists.” This is the Kiev regime's way of portaying themselves as fighting a foreign enemy as well as dehumanizing the people they are persistantly shelling.

This article originally appeared at Sputnik

Ukraine is buying 40,000 tons of coal a day from the separatists, a Kiev-based newspaper wrote, citing a government report on the purchase of coal in territories of the Lugansk and Donetsk regions that remain out of control of the Kiev authorities.

“All our anthracite coal is coming from the uncontrolled territories… The mines are all there and we are still able to get it from there,” Korrespondent newspaper quoted Energy and Coal Minister Oleksandr Svetelik as saying on Saturday.

Svetelik added that nearly as much coal was coming from Donbass areas, controlled by the government.

The minister said that buying coal abroad now made no sense as the price of imported coal was almost twice that of the domestically produced coal.

He also said that before November 1 Ukraine planned to store up 3.2 million tons of coal it needed for the winter season.

Question for @Akim: How does it feel to buy coal from “terrorists,” as many Ukro-Nazis call the NovoRossiyans?
Question for @jouni: Are “European Values” not warm enough for the MaloRussian winter? Also, are the “wealthy” G7 nations not able to afford their aspiring beacon of “democracy” some financial help, given their “high” GDP?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Ukraine Buys 40,000 Tons of Coal a Day from ‘Russian Terrorists’
Very nice of those invading Russian terrorists to sell precious raw materials to the country they are supposedly trying to take over

(Sputnik) | Russia Insider

Although this article uses the term “separatists,” as does Western media, the Ukrainian government and media regularly and almost without exception refer to the armed forces of the Donbass republics (and often the population in general) as “terrorists” or even “Russian terrorists.” This is the Kiev regime's way of portaying themselves as fighting a foreign enemy as well as dehumanizing the people they are persistantly shelling.

This article originally appeared at Sputnik

Ukraine is buying 40,000 tons of coal a day from the separatists, a Kiev-based newspaper wrote, citing a government report on the purchase of coal in territories of the Lugansk and Donetsk regions that remain out of control of the Kiev authorities.

“All our anthracite coal is coming from the uncontrolled territories… The mines are all there and we are still able to get it from there,” Korrespondent newspaper quoted Energy and Coal Minister Oleksandr Svetelik as saying on Saturday.

Svetelik added that nearly as much coal was coming from Donbass areas, controlled by the government.

The minister said that buying coal abroad now made no sense as the price of imported coal was almost twice that of the domestically produced coal.

He also said that before November 1 Ukraine planned to store up 3.2 million tons of coal it needed for the winter season.

Question for @Akim: How does it feel to buy coal from “terrorists,” as many Ukro-Nazis call the NovoRossiyans?
Can I leave your question unanswered? Because, to carry coal from the occupied territories are not the same, what to buy him at the militants.

pmaitra

Can I leave your question unanswered? Because, to carry coal from the occupied territories are not the same, what to buy him at the militants.
Certainly. You are under no obligation to answer my question. I am just asking to satisfy my curiosity as to what is going on in the mind of another person who vehemently disagrees with me.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Certainly. You are under no obligation to answer my question. I am just asking to satisfy my curiosity as to what is going on in the mind of another person who vehemently disagrees with me.
I just can not explain it the man who sees everything in the format of "black and white".

pmaitra

I just can not explain it the man who sees everything in the format of "black and white".
You cannot explain it to an Indiski Malchik because I think like an Indiski Malchik, and not like a Maidanite/Banderite/Vlasovite.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
You cannot explain it to an Indiski Malchik because I think like an Indiski Malchik, and not like a Maidanite/Banderite/Vlasovite.
Example. We're talking about the price of apartments. You did not understand.

gadeshi

Yeah, naivniy indiyskiy malchik :)
No offence, it's an old good joke about naivniy chukotskiy malchik :)
Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

pmaitra

Example. We're talking about the price of apartments. You did not understand.
Oh, that Khrushchyovka, err, I mean, Chocolatovka? :cool3:

Did you build a water tank at the top of your building yet?

pmaitra

Yeah, naivniy indiyskiy malchik :)
No offence, it's an old good joke about naivniy chukotskiy malchik :)
Please tell me about the joke. :)

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Oh, that Khrushchyovka, err, I mean, Chocolatovka? :cool3:

Did you build a water tank at the top of your building yet?
Если вавка в голове - надо пить зеленку. / )If the wound in the head - should drink Zelenka. (Brilliant Green (dye)):biggrin2:

pmaitra

Если вавка в голове - надо пить зеленку. / )If the wound in the head - should drink Zelenka. (Brilliant Green (dye)):biggrin2:

Tried it once (Tarkhun). It was ok. I prefer Kvass. :daru:

gadeshi

Yeah, it's about you exactly :)
Your vavka is a full head size :)

Akim

Professional
Country flag

Tried it once (Tarkhun). It was ok. I prefer Kvass. :daru:
I said that you do not understand. I even gave him an English translation. In the US, it is not used, so you do not know. It is antiseptic.

Yeah, it's about you exactly :)
Your vavka is a full head size :)
Let's see how you explain it: naïve Chukchi boy

Last edited:

pmaitra

I said that you do not understand. I even gave him an English translation. In the US, it is not used, so you do not know. It is antiseptic.
I understood. I just replaced it with something that is green and drinkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles