Chinese space station set to crash-land on Earth's surface within months

nimo_cn

Country flag
@nimo_cn

Question: Why a space station with a lifespan of just 2 years???

Answer: That's because fake and poor quality Chinese stuff doesn't last more than that!

But I have to admit that you Chinese are one up on us where sending astronauts to space is concerned.
because it's experimental for space docking.

SanjeevM

Country flag
It's a good opportunity to use ASAT. If we are successful, World will recognize our technology and ability.

J20!

Country flag
Strange Mam, in 2013,
PDF PRC keyboard guys were something else, now you're saying it's pre decided.
What kind of incompetent space agency sends a space station for two years?
Its not a "space station" its a space-lab comprising of a single module around 10 meters in length, for testing docking procedures vital for an actual space station. You've got to crawl before you walk.

China Launches 1st Space Lab Module Into Orbit for Docking Tests
By Denise Chow, SPACE.com Staff Writer | September 29, 2011 09:16am ET

https://www.space.com/13121-china-launches-space-lab-module-tiangong-1.html

The Tiangong 1 module, which is expected to remain in orbit for two years, is considered an important steppingstone in the country's effort to construct its own crewed space station. The prototype space lab measures 34 feet (10.4 meters) long and 11 feet (3.35 meters) wide and weighed about 8.5 metric tons on Earth.
"The main tasks of [the] Tiangong 1 spaceflight include: to provide a target vehicle for space rendezvous and docking experiment; to primarily establish a manned space test platform capable of long-term unmanned operation in space with temporary human attendance, and thus accumulate experiences for the development of the space station; to carry out space science experiments, space medical experiments and space technology experiments," China's Manned Space Engineering office spokeswoman Wu Ping told reporters yesterday (Sept. 28)
Its 4 years over-due for a de-orbiting, which btw is how space labs are designed to end their life-spans.

All this celebrating over the "failure of Chinese maal" only serves to paint a picture of "sour grapes".

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Its 4 years over-due for a de-orbiting, which btw is how space labs are designed to end their life-spans.

All this celebrating over the "failure of Chinese maal" only serves to paint a picture of "sour grapes".
I had no idea space labs were designed to have uncontrolled re-entry dropping 100kg pieces of space junk into populated land masses.

J20!

Country flag
I had no idea space labs were designed to have uncontrolled re-entry dropping 100kg pieces of space junk into populated land masses.
Thankyou for your prediction Dr. CHINI EXPERT.

But the real scientists can't predict where debris might land and all concede that it most likely be spread out in the ocean, whichever ocean that might be.

Tiangong I weighing in at 8.5 tons and 10 meters long is minuscule as compared to Skylab; which at 88+ tons and 25 meters long spread debris across a 100 mile wide area near Perth Australia and didn't kill/injure anyone or damage any property.

And yes Skylab's re-entry in the 70's was largely an uncontrolled de-orbit.

But hey, don't let me ruin your celebration of an ignorance festival... Enjoy.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Thankyou for your prediction Dr. CHINI EXPERT.

But the real scientists can't predict where debris might land and all concede that it most likely be spread out in the ocean, whichever ocean that might be.

Tiangong I weighing in at 8.5 tons and 10 meters long is minuscule as compared to Skylab; which at 88+ tons and 25 meters long spread debris across a 100 mile wide area near Perth Australia and didn't kill/injure anyone or damage any property.

And yes Skylab's re-entry in the 70's was largely an uncontrolled de-orbit.

But hey, don't let me ruin your celebration of an ignorance festival... Enjoy.
Skylab had a controlled de-orbit because their 6yr old data links didn't fail and that was the 1970s. This is 2017 and China still can't make anything that lasts more than 2 years. If you think you know better than Harvard astrophysicists I don't know what kind of Kool Aid you must be drinking... oh wait, the official drink of the CCP.

J20!

Country flag
Skylab had a controlled de-orbit because their 6yr old data links didn't fail and that was the 1970s. This is 2017 and China still can't make anything that lasts more than 2 years. If you think you know better than Harvard astrophysicists I don't know what kind of Kool Aid you must be drinking... oh wait, the official drink of the CCP.
Again with the selective amnesia. TIANGONG 1 WAS DESIGNED TO REMAIN IN ORBIT FOR ONLY TWO YEAR as a testing ground for docking and habitation technologies still new to the Chinese space programme.

The labs replacement Tiangong 2 was put into orbit last year. The new lab has already hosted Taikonauts for a 32 day period and tested unmanned docking with the PRC's first unmanned cargo space craft Tainzhou.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/19/chinese-astronauts-arrive-at-tiangong-2-space-station

https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/22/...spaceship-tianzhou-1-tiangong-2-space-station

As to Skylab...

https://www.wired.com/2011/07/0711skylab-reentry-space-junk/

With Skylab out of control, NASA ground controllers were unable to conduct the routine re-entry procedures
https://www.space.com/21122-skylab-space-station-remains-museum.html

The mostly uncontrolled re-entry was a media sensation at the time, with newspapers offering prizes for the first debris found and to persons impacted by falling pieces.
But as I said, let the ignorant have their field day, and the Chinese manned space programme will keep going leaps and bounds beyond what your own country has achieved. ie. diddly squat, bubkuss, nada, zero.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
As to Skylab...

But as I said, let the ignorant have their field day, and the Chinese manned space programme will keep going leaps and bounds beyond what your own country has achieved. ie. diddly squat, bubkuss, nada, zero.
You conveniently left out the rest of it...

Ground control had struggled to coax Skylab into a position that would cause the spacecraft to break up over the Indian Ocean. Most of it did.

https://www.wired.com/2011/07/0711skylab-reentry-space-junk/
They had a data connection in the 1970s the entire 6 years, you lost it in two and have no control over anything.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
@Armand2REP est-ce juste moi ou est-ce que la station spatiale chinoise ressemble à une copie de la station spatiale conjointe apollo soyuz ??

J20!

Country flag
You conveniently left out the rest of it...

They had a data connection in the 1970s the entire 6 years, you lost it in two and have no control over anything.
NASA's control of Skylab during re-entry was limited. NASA and Harvard classify the skylab's de-orbit as uncontrolled. Your opinion counts for little:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1980scom.proc..973R

Title: Uncontrolled reentry of the Skylab satellite
Well they seem to have control over an automated docking of two space craft with no manned assistance. You seem to be "conveniently" ignoring that:

The labs replacement Tiangong 2 was put into orbit last year. The new lab has already hosted Taikonauts for a 32 day period and tested unmanned docking with the PRC's first unmanned cargo space craft Tainzhou.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/19/chinese-astronauts-arrive-at-tiangong-2-space-station

https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/22/...spaceship-tianzhou-1-tiangong-2-space-station

The point, my Indian friend is that if an 80 ton space station had an uncontrolled de-orbit, and had debris touch-down on land yet still didn't injure anyone nor cause any damage to property, an 8 ton, single-module space lab is unlikely to do so either.

J20!

Country flag
@Armand2REP est-ce juste moi ou est-ce que la station spatiale chinoise ressemble à une copie de la station spatiale conjointe apollo soyuz ??
Watch "@Armand2REP" scramble to use google translate>:rofl:

If you need help @Armand2REP , he's asking if the Tiangong 2 space-lab and Tianzhou cargo spacecraft automated docking procedure are somehow a copy of the Soyuz and Apollo command module docking in 1975.

An absurd question, considering neither of the two Chinese space-craft are manned space-craft, but I thought I'd just help you out my Indian friend.

NB @F-14B , you speak French? Pretty cool mate.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles