China's first indigenous carrier CV17

smooth manifold

Country flag
Our hunger index will not save you.
And will not make nepal to send back Tibetans.
Or will not fix doklam issues.
Xi- should save his ass in Hong Kong.

Or will not make india to accept your 5g connection.

India should also increase tariffs on Chinese goods. We have deficit of 65 billion with Chinese.
that's the answer @Flying Dagger wants. he wants me to slap his face. Should I be merciful? I only show mercy to sensible people.

smooth manifold

Country flag
Oct. 22, 2019 update.
CV17 completed its eighth sea trial and headed back to Dalian Port the day before yesterday.

Last edited:

smooth manifold

Country flag
Deck cleaned up. all aircraft and helicopter mock ups have been towed away.

Last edited:

smooth manifold

Country flag
the pics are all blurred due to the the rainy weather

all pics above are credited to Hong Kong reporters.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Oct. 22, 2019 update.
CV17 completed its eighth sea trial and headed back to Dalian Port the day before yesterday.
How long was it out, five or six days?
it's not known if there will be a ninth sea trial.
Good call, there must be some serious design defects if it can't stay out longer than that.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
really? what about previous 20+ day sea trial?
Clearly they discovered something was seriously wrong with it after that as they fired the project manager and it hasn't been to sea longer than a week. A proper shake-down cruise lasts 6-8 weeks.

smooth manifold

Country flag
Clearly they discovered something was seriously wrong with it after that as they fired the project manager and it hasn't been to sea longer than a week. A proper shake-down cruise lasts 6-8 weeks.
It's been on sea trial for over a year. i think the latest short sea trial is a sign of commissioning soon.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It's been on sea trial for over a year. i think the latest short sea trial is a sign of commissioning soon.
You can't properly test it without a proper shake-down cruise. An aircraft carrier is a not a pleasure boat, it is an intricate web of systems carrying your air power to distant corners of the globe.

smooth manifold

Country flag
that's what I meant.

对此,中国航母专家李杰接受《联合早报》访问时说:“孙波落马是他个人违法违纪的问题,与航母没有直接关系。”

李杰解释,航母是国家战略武器装备,造船的每一个步骤肯定都受到严格、科学的审查和管理,不太可能出现某个人受贿后在某个环节从中阻挠或偷工减料的问题,因为任何环节出了问题就必然会影响下个环节,问题会很快被发现。

machine translate:

In this regard, Chinese aircraft carrier expert Li Jie said to Singaporean reporter: "Sun Bo is a problem of his personal violation of law and discipline, and has no direct relationship with the aircraft carrier."

Li Jie explained that the aircraft carrier is a national strategic aweaponry. Every step of shipbuilding must be subject to strict and scientific review and management. It is unlikely that someone will obstruct or cut corners at a certain point after accepting a bribe, because any link comes out. The problem will inevitably affect the next link, and the problem will be discovered soon.

smooth manifold

Country flag
You can't properly test it without a proper shake-down cruise. An aircraft carrier is a not a pleasure boat, it is an intricate web of systems carrying your air power to distant corners of the globe.
it's more likely to be deployed in the South China Sea. distant corners of the globe? that's what nuclear carriers do.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
it's more likely to be deployed in the South China Sea. distant corners of the globe? that's what nuclear carriers do.
Even the leaky Russian flagship cruises to distant ports, actions as far as Syria and cruising into the IOR is the least you expect from it. We expect great things from the shiny new flagship of China.

smooth manifold

Country flag
Even the leaky Russian flagship cruises to distant ports, actions as far as Syria and cruising into the IOR is the least you expect from it. We expect great things from the shiny new flagship of China.
wait.......Syria is far from Russia? remind me if India's current Russian carrier conducts cruise to distant ports.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles