China Military News & Updates

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Nervous China may attack India by 2012: Expert

Nervous China may attack India by 2012: Expert

BY : PTI

A leading defence expert has projected that China will attack India by 2012 to divert the attention of its own people from “unprecedented”

internal dissent, growing unemployment and financial problems that are threatening the hold of Communists in that country. “China will launch an attack on India before 2012. There are multiple reasons for a desperate Beijing to teach India the final lesson, thereby ensuring Chinese supremacy in Asia in this century,” Bharat Verma, Editor of the Indian Defence Review, has said.

Verma said the recession has “shut the Chinese exports shop”, creating an “unprecedented internal social unrest” which in turn, was severely threatening the grip of the Communists over the society.

Among other reasons for this assessment were rising unemployment, flight of capital worth billions of dollars, depletion of its foreign exchange reserves and growing internal dissent, Verma said in an editorial in the forthcoming issue of the premier defence journal. In addition to this, “The growing irrelevance of Pakistan, their right hand that operates against India on their behest, is increasing the Chinese nervousness,” he said, adding that US President Barak Obama’s Af-Pak policy was primarily Pak-Af policy that has “intelligently set the thief to catch the thief”.

Verma said Beijing was “already rattled, with its proxy Pakistan now literally embroiled in a civil war, losing its sheen against India.” “Above all, it is worried over the growing alliance of India with the US and the West, because the alliance has the potential to create a technologically superior counterpoise.

“All these three concerns of Chinese Communists are best addressed by waging a war against pacifist India to achieve multiple strategic objectives,” he said.

While China “covertly allowed” North Korea to test underground nuclear explosion and carry out missile trials, it was also “increasing its naval presence in South China Sea to coerce into submission those opposing its claim on the Sprately Islands,” the defence expert said. He said it would be “unwise” at this point of time for a recession-hit China to move against the Western interests, including Japan.

“Therefore, the most attractive option is to attack a soft target like India and forcibly occupy its territory in the Northeast,” Verma said. But India is “least prepared” on ground to face the Chinese threat, he says and asks a series of questions on how will India respond to repulse the Chinese game plan or whether Indian leadership would be able to “take the heat of war”.

“Is Indian military equipped to face the two-front wars by Beijing and Islamabad? Is the Indian civil administration geared to meet the internal security challenges that the external actors will sponsor simultaneously through their doctrine of unrestricted warfare? “The answers are an unequivocal ‘no’. Pacifist India is not ready by a long shot either on the internal or the external front,” the defence journal editor says. In view of the “imminent threat” posed by China, “the quickest way to swing out of pacifism to a state of assertion is by injecting military thinking in the civil administration to build the sinews. That will enormously increase the deliverables on ground – from Lalgarh to Tawang,” he says.

IDRW.ORG Blog Archive Nervous China may attack India by 2012: Expert

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
12 July 2009
IDR: China will attack India before 2012

12 Jul 2009 IDR: The Communists are losing their grip over China. The Chinese government is facing unprecedented internal dissent, growing unemployment and financial problems. And to divert people's mind from these problems, China will launch an attack on India by 2012. This assessment has been made by Bharat Verma- Defence analyst and editor of the Indian Defence Review. Verma explains that such an attack will serve multiple objectives. He said, "China will launch an attack on India before 2012." Full news

8ak note: 8ak Editor doubts this simply because China's first priority is re-unifying Taiwan. So if it were to demonstrate any external aggression it would first 'take back' Taiwan. The timing is right because the U.S., Japan etc are in no position to intervene right now, but that may change in the future.

See also Times Now TV: China-Pak to build up road through Pakistan occupied Kashmir

In an earlier issue, IDR had reported a Nazi-Chinese speech by Chi Haotian but said that it has neither been confirmed nor denied by China. Here is an excerpt from IDR: Is a Nazi China Emerging?

"Solving the “issue of America” is the key to solving all other issues. First, this makes it possible for us to have many people migrate there and even establish another China under the same leadership of the CCP. America was originally discovered by the ancestors of the yellow race, but Columbus gave credit to the white race. We the descendents of the Chinese nation are entitled to the possession of the land! It is said that the residents of the yellow race have a very low social status in United States. We need to liberate them. Second, after solving the “issue of America,” the western countries in Europe would bow to us, not to mention to Taiwan, Japan and other small countries. Therefore, solving the “issue of America” is the mission assigned to CCP members by history."

In an amazing coincidence, confirmed by the author of the article above, 8ak had earlier separately detailed the Nazi China threat in an article titled "Coming soon, a Chinese Hitler"

8ak - Indian Defence News: IDR: China will attack India before 2012

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Is India not geared to fight a two front war?

It was till the time I retired!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:
The defence expert is Bharat Varma of India defence review magazine.
is he the same bharat verma who use to bash Zaid hamid on pakistani channels most of the time via video conf.?
Sorry to be rude about DFI favourite Zaid hamid
:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

youngindian

Country flag
Ex-Boeing engineer convicted of spying for China

(AFP) – 3 hours ago

LOS ANGELES — A Chinese-born former Boeing engineer who became a US citizen was convicted by a US court of spying for China for decades, stealing technology and trade secrets, including data on NASA's space shuttle program.

Dongfan 'Greg' Chung, 73 and a resident of Orange County, California, was found guilty of economic espionage and acquiring information on demand using his "secret" classified clearance.

The former employee of Rockwell International's space and defense unit, which was taken over by Boeing in 1996, was convicted of multiple counts related to his decades-long espionage.

After a three week trial, Judge Cormac Carney "found Chung guilty of conspiracy to commit economic espionage, six counts of economic espionage to benefit a foreign country, one count of acting as an agent of the People?s Republic of China and one count of making false statements to the FBI," the Justice Department said.

Prosecutors said Chung stole and passed along Boeing trade secrets related to the space shuttle and the Delta IV rocket programs.

Chung, who was arrested in February 2008, was to remain in custody pending sentencing November 9.

Salvador Hernandez, Assistant Director In Charge of the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Los Angeles, said that "the cost of Mr Chung's traitorous actions to American security and the economy cannot be quantified, but have now been exposed, and his ability to exploit critical technology has come to an end.

"FBI counter intelligence agents and NASA received the full cooperation of the Boeing Company in building this three-year investigation, the successful outcome of which marks the first conviction by trial under the Economic Espionage Act of 1996," Hernandez added.

"I'm confident this milestone conviction will serve as a deterrent to would-be spies contemplating theft of precious US secrets."

Chung's espionage apparently began in the 1970s, with prosecutors alleging that individuals in China's aviation industry began "tasking" the former engineer with collecting specific information from 1979 onwards.

His years of service as a Chinese spy, which included multiple trips to China for meetings with senior People's Liberation Army officials, began to unravel when investigators unmasked another Chinese agent.

The case last year against engineer Chi Mak, led agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and NASA counterintelligence to Chung.

In late 2006, agents from both agencies raided Chung's house and found more than 250,000 pages of documents containing information that included "decades' worth of stress analysis reports, test results and design information" for the US space shuttle, the Justice Department said.

Chung's conviction, for which he could be sentenced to 15 years on each charge of economic espionage, comes as the United States winds down its space shuttle program and prepares to send astronauts back to the moon.

US plans to return to the moon, with the goal of establishing a lunar base for manned trips to Mars, have sparked renewed space competition reminiscent of that which preceded the first moon landing, 40 years ago this Thursday.

China has said it aims to put an unmanned rover on the lunar surface by 2012, and a man on the moon by 2020 -- when the United States expects to send men back to the moon on the successor space vehicle to the shuttle.

AFP: Ex-Boeing engineer convicted of spying for China

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China, it is believed, has been at this game for long.

J

John

Those commy are at it everywhere, lets not even talk about how many computers in India have been infected with Chinese BOTS and a lot of info has been compromised.

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
"FBI counter intelligence agents and NASA received the full cooperation of the Boeing Company in building this three-year investigation, the successful outcome of which marks the first conviction by trial under the Economic Espionage Act of 1996," Hernandez added.

Chung's espionage apparently began in the 1970s, with prosecutors alleging that individuals in China's aviation industry began "tasking" the former engineer with collecting specific information from 1979 onwards.

His years of service as a Chinese spy, which included multiple trips to China for meetings with senior People's Liberation Army officials, began to unravel when investigators unmasked another Chinese agent.

In late 2006, agents from both agencies raided Chung's house and found more than 250,000 pages of documents containing information that included "decades' worth of stress analysis reports, test results and design information" for the US space shuttle, the Justice Department said.
This information seems to be dual use in nature, and worth many a million dollars.

That is some good work on PRCs part, commendable effort, and really USA needs to be more careful, who knows what other data from much more sensitive military programs is up for sale.

Chung's going down hard, dount that guy will breathe free air again.

shotgunner

China attacking India in 2012, what a nonsense! Why we attack a developing & neighbouring country? Gaining nothing!

We are busy developing ourselves, we are lagging in so many fronts e.g. social welfare net, legal, domestic consumption, green energy, distribution of income & wealth .... Our goal is become prosperous again like Han/Tang/Ming dynasty once was. We are busy learning public administration skills from Hong Kong, Singapore, and industrial skills from Japan, Taiwan, Korea, cos they share similar civilisation with us.

I understand why the West is attacking China, they have been doing that for the last 200 years, but don't understand why Indians are doing that? All we are doing now is to defend ourselves from the West who wanna cut our energy & raw material sources.

Country flag
shotgunner Western paranoia is the fear that they will not be able to compete in the future against the two Asian giants, so the best solution for them is to get the two giants too squabble so they get rid of both competitors and are free to continue their hegemony over the planet, both our civilizations are ancient and we have existed peacefully for milleniums and i hope both of us can resolve our differences peacefully.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Shotgun,
For the first time I have come across a Chinese who doesn't think his country is perfect in all aspects.
Welcome to DFI.

Pintu

Shotgun, true after a very long time , I came across a person from China, who admits that his country is not perfect in all segments and pointed out his country's short comings, we Indians also admit the area where our country still lags.

Warm welcome to Defence Forum of India.

Regards

shotgunner

LETHALFORCE, Pintu, Singh, Yusuf, thanks for your warm treatment. I just accidentally walked in when I English-googled "defence forum"

How could any single person, not to mention whole country, be perfect? Maybe UAE for its per capita GDP, or Tahiti for its beauty? Not perfect for me though, cos the food.... Anyway, forget that, probably some kids are inflaming around. BTW, I am 32, how old are you?

As a railway engineer HQ'ed in Shanghai, I travel abroad quite extensively (almost all continents except S America) & has chance to deal with people from various traits. The S Asian counter-parts I know share the same enthusiam in this business of building better cities/country. Other than ethnicity, we are no different human, just as hard-working, as hard-playing. We have surpassed most Western countries in city building, closing gap with leading Asian super-cities. Same for my fellow S Asian counter-parts, sure they will surpass the West too in no time.

But after surfing for a while in this forum, I was a bit surprised by the negative emotion from a lot of Indians towards China. When I tell this to people around me, most of them also feel weird. Curious, I have a few unsure answers in my mind, maybe should stick around & find out why.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
LETHALFORCE, Pintu, Singh, Yusuf, thanks for your warm treatment. I just accidentally walked in when I English-googled "defence forum"

How could any single person, not to mention whole country, be perfect? Maybe UAE for its per capita GDP, or Tahiti for its beauty? Not perfect for me though, cos the food.... Anyway, forget that, probably some kids are inflaming around. BTW, I am 32, how old are you?

As a railway engineer HQ'ed in Shanghai, I travel abroad quite extensively (almost all continents except S America) & has chance to deal with people from various traits. The S Asian counter-parts I know share the same enthusiam in this business of building better cities/country. Other than ethnicity, we are no different human, just as hard-working, as hard-playing. We have surpassed most Western countries in city building, closing gap with leading Asian super-cities. Same for my fellow S Asian counter-parts, sure they will surpass the West too in no time.

But after surfing for a while in this forum, I was a bit surprised by the negative emotion from a lot of Indians towards China. When I tell this to people around me, most of them also feel weird. Curious, I have a few unsure answers in my mind, maybe should stick around & find out why.
There's a uneasiness in India about the past conflict with China,AND the fact that China is putting claims on our territory,but that doesn't mean we can't be friends.
Don't take it personally,as long as you keep a cool head and talk rationally,you'll be welcome.:)

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Curious, I have a few unsure answers in my mind, maybe should stick around & find out why.
Feel free to ask, even I am surprised that you're not hostile towards India, as most internet Chinese are. Just ask the other two Chinese persons on this forum, badguy2000 and Sammy Cheung. Indians by and large are suspicious of China because your government keeps making claims on the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh. Also, China has tried to encircle India by building listening posts in Myanmar, developing defence relationships with Bangladesh, Seychelles, and building ports for your submarines in Sri Lanka and Pakistan. At the same time, the PLA has built a massive infrastructure near the border with India which will allow them to transport thousands of troops and military equipment to fight India at short notice.

All this combined with the CCP's history of providing Pakistan with nuclear weapon designs to be used against India clearly shows that your government is preparing for war against India in the long term.

So you can see why India is more than a bit uneasy when it comes to dealing with China.

youngindian

Country flag
China's fighter bomber crashes during China-Russia joint military drill

19/07/2009

MOSCOW, July 19 (RIA Novosti) - A Chinese military plane crashed on Sunday during preparations for counter-terrorism exercises with Russia, killing both pilots, a source in Russia's Defense Ministry said.

China's official Xinhua news agency reported earlier in the day that a fighter-bomber of the Chinese Air Force had crashed while flying over the Taonan tactical training base in the Jilin province.

The plane was to be involved in the Peace Mission 2009 exercises, scheduled to begin on July 22.

"According to our information, the pilots of the plane that crashed at the scene of joint Russian-Chinese exercises have died. This incident will not affect preparations for the drills," the source said.

About 3,000 troops, 300 armored vehicles, and over 40 aircraft and helicopters will be involved in the Russian-Chinese anti-terrorism exercises, which will take place in the two countries on July 22-26.

The first stage of the exercises - military and political consultations - will be held in Khabarovsk in Russia's Far East, and the second and third phases will take place at the Taonan proving ground outside Baichen in northeast China.

The first Peace Mission exercises were held in Russia and the eastern Chinese province of Shandong in August 2005, involving warships, aircraft and over 10,000 service personnel including naval infantry and paratroopers.

Military jet crashes in China, killing both pilots | Top Russian news and analysis online | 'RIA Novosti' newswire

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles