China Military News & Updates

Mohan

Respected Member
Neither India nor China will fight a conventional war. All these deployments are just to drive the point home, that we know what you are upto, we are here, we will do whatever it takes to spoil your designs. It will be a kind of cold war thing and i think India must lay low and get the things done till they match Chinese economically

Country flag
destroy the rail sysytems and more troops cannot be transported then destroy the supply lines and conduct air raids and the troops are sitting ducks, Chinese capability to fight far from home has yet to be proven, and naval blockade of their ships in our waters and we will see how well their economy does.:gunfight2:

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
In mountain warfare, it takes very less men to defend than to attack. In order to capture territory, China would need to block/disrupt our supply and logistics lines, for which they need the PLAAF. PLAAF would need to fight over Indian airspace in such a case, and that would mean heavy losses for PLAAF, with India's fighters and ground AD units (SAMs and AAA) defending Indian skies.
Similarly, it will be quite difficult or India to conduct an offensive due to the same reasons.

Also, due to the nature of the terrain, armored warfare is not possible. So it comes down to infantry. By blocking the major passes, India can hold the PLA troops. Also, they can let them come forward so that their supply lines are extended and then strike the supply lines from the air, cutting the Chinese troops off and bagging us a bagful of POWs.

If there is a conflict, it is not likely in the Tibetan region, as neither India nor China can sustain the offensive and make tangible gains, while keeping acceptable casualty levels. Conflict would more likely be in the NE states borders.

MMuthu

Guys dont underestimate the Chinese.... Look the wikipedia how they attacked the Americans in Korea war

Korean War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember they will anticipate all our moves.... Who knows they can attack us from all sides now. Dont underestimate anyone they are not fools.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Guys dont underestimate the Chinese.... Look the wikipedia how they attacked the Americans in Korea war

Remember they will anticipate all our moves.... Who knows they can attack us from all sides now. Dont underestimate anyone they are not fools.
This is not 62, when China surprised us and we were woefully unprepared thanks to Nehru.

What makes you think India cannot anticipate theirs? Yeah maybe they will attack us from 5 sides, and our armed forces dont know that :rolleyes:. And do you think we are stupid then?

MMuthu

I am not telling that we are stupid, I meant to say about their tactics in korea war.

They moved the whole army and covered the US guys without a single sign.

Yes we are much prepared when compared to 1962. Even if we have great power than US, Never ever under-estimate the enemy. We can anticipate their moves but what if our anticipation fails.... This is not new.

I heard from LF that they have pointer 600 nukes against New Delhi for 40 years. I am glad that we have a strong army but that does not mean the enemy can be thrawed within couple of Hours.

Do something that the enmies will never forget... even in their dreams they should never forget that messing will India is a very worst Idea.

Su-47

More than likely it is just a show of strength by either side, than an actual preparation for war.

But either way, we should be prepared for any eventuality. what we need is a credible conventional deterrent. Enough firepower not just to repel an invasion, but to prevent one.

The true key to peace between india and china will occur when either side realises that a military solution is impossible, ie, when neither can militarily defeat the other.

right now, the chinese military modernisation is faster than ours. they are spending way more than us, procuring a lot of good weaponry. now, a lot of it is for defence against USA, but doesn't mean we should ignore it. we should also increase our budget and spend on high quality equipment like more Phalcon AWACS, speed up MRCA deal etc. generally, we should ensure that the chinese know that they can't mess with us.

Country flag
I am not telling that we are stupid, I meant to say about their tactics in korea war.

They moved the whole army and covered the US guys without a single sign.

Yes we are much prepared when compared to 1962. Even if we have great power than US, Never ever under-estimate the enemy. We can anticipate their moves but what if our anticipation fails.... This is not new.

I heard from LF that they have pointer 600 nukes against New Delhi for 40 years. I am glad that we have a strong army but that does not mean the enemy can be thrawed within couple of Hours.

Do something that the enmies will never forget... even in their dreams they should never forget that messing will India is a very worst Idea.

Much of the tactis used in the Korean war were primitive human wave tactics which still won for them but today it would be useless.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
I heard from LF that they have pointer 600 nukes against New Delhi for 40 years.
I am not sure whether they even have 600 nukes. It is more likely around the 250 mark, and most of them are pointed towards Russia. The rest are divided between Taiwan and India.

Dont believe the Russian part? Read about the Sino-Soviet border war, when the SU almost nuked Beijing, and from that day, China was scared shitless of the SU. It is even today. :wink:

johnee

even nuke attack could not completely destroy the dam.

the broken concrete blocks would jamed the yangts river and stop the flood for dozens of hours,after the dam were to be nuked.:2guns:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PS: you are getting better with each post. you should try some standup comedy....:wink:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
i think pakistan is well on its strategy to make indians feel that china is a bigger threat.
nope it is a matrix (inderjaal). pakistan is the only threat to india. for god sake don't relegate Pakistan from major enemy league and threat.
why china ?why china would? china can direct and facilitate Pakistan( hire any time) against India when ever it would be required. Attack on india will be from west FOR SURE.
what you think china will attack india if india will attack pakistan? no, never china may assemble its weaponry in pakistan and POK; not even a single red army men will fire a shot up from north. it is a wastage of resources to increase army compression at indo china border.
i hope IA's has some hidden agenda declaring china as bigger threat.
neutralizing pro active enemy would neutralize passive enemy by default. man behind gun is a threat and would always be threat; then gun itself.
thanks.

अग्रतश्चतुरो वेदाः पृष्ठतः सशरं धनुः।
इदं ब्राह्ममिदं क्षात्रं शापादपि शरादपि॥

Literal English Translation:
Four vedas in front, bow with arrows on the back.
Here is the knowledge of supreme spirit, here is the knowlege of warcraft. From curse also from arrow also.

Explanation:
The four vedas are guiding me in front backed by the bow & arrow i.e. military or warrior power. Through curse, here is the spiritual power that I possess & through arrows, here is the physical power that I posses.

Su-47

i think pakistan is well on its strategy to make indians feel that china is a bigger threat.
nope it is a matrix (inderjaal). pakistan is the only threat to india. for god sake don't relegate Pakistan from major enemy league and threat.
why china ?why china would? china can direct and facilitate Pakistan( hire any time) against India when ever it would be required. Attack on india will be from west FOR SURE.
what you think china will attack india if india will attack pakistan? no, never china may assemble its weaponry in pakistan and POK; not even a single red army men will fire a shot up from north. it is a wastage of resources to increase army compression at indo china border.
i hope IA's has some hidden agenda declaring china as bigger threat.
neutralizing pro active enemy would neutralize passive enemy by default. man behind gun is a threat and would always be threat; then gun itself.
thanks.

अग्रतश्चतुरो वेदाः पृष्ठतः सशरं धनुः।
इदं ब्राह्ममिदं क्षात्रं शापादपि शरादपि॥

Literal English Translation:
Four vedas in front, bow with arrows on the back.
Here is the knowledge of supreme spirit, here is the knowlege of warcraft. From curse also from arrow also.

Explanation:
The four vedas are guiding me in front backed by the bow & arrow i.e. military or warrior power. Through curse, here is the spiritual power that I possess & through arrows, here is the physical power that I posses.
I agree that chance of war with china is remote, but that doesn't mean we should just sit comfy with our eyes closed. The Chinese do have a lot of military development taking place in Tibet. If we don't make similar progress on our side, soon we will be so far behind that it will be possible for the Chinese to beat us again. We don't want that happening.

We need to keep a credible deterrence at our eastern border. Its essential to peace between India and China. Only when a military solution is too costly will countries look for peaceful solutions. Its for the same reason that USA and Russia never went to war. USA, though superior in conventional terms, knew a war with Russia would be disastrous. The same case in india-china scenario here. If at one point, the balance shifts rapidly, it can be disastrous.

As for military leaders quoting China as bigger threat, it is to get more military budget. If Pak is quoted as major threat, GOI won't increase military budget, citing that we are already well ahead of pakistan in terms of modernisation and overall firepower. That will result in stagnation of modernisation of armed forces. That will result in us falling way behind china, and can cause the balance to shift rapidly, which might lead to war. So in a sense, China is a bigger threat.

By quoting China and its rapidly growing military capabilities as the major threat, defense budget will be increased, and though we won't get as much money as the chinese, we will get enough to keep the balance from shifting drastically. we will be able to maintain a military balance in asia, and hopefully it will be enough to preserve peace.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
There are some things better left unsaid.
Fine if the PLA is considered a threat then plan for it,don't blurt it out.
All it does is create bad blood especially now that relations have improved somewhat and that the two countries are pushing for trade upwards of $60 Billion

Country flag
There are some things better left unsaid.
Fine if the PLA is considered a threat then plan for it,don't blurt it out.
All it does is create bad blood especially now that relations have improved somewhat and that the two countries are pushing for trade upwards of $60 Billion
This article is probably planted by the Americans who want India -China animosity to grow while giving Pakistsan 35+ billion in aid and weapons, let USA battle it out with China alone for the top spot and in the mean time let USA and China also battle it out for Pakistan we don't need to involve ourselves in any direction and just keep our national security focus, what is happening now is a change in the balance of power in the world let the number 1 and 2 battle it out and we will be friendly with the winner no need to play favorites with either.

India and China will have show that their willing to improve their relations.Generally there's been some distrust however the best way is to increase the amount of trade.Money can be an effective deterrent and peace maker.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India and China will have show that their willing to improve their relations.Generally there's been some distrust however the best way is to increase the amount of trade.Money can be an effective deterrent and peace maker.

China makes a lot if money from the US, but that doesn't deter it from challenging it. Money is not everything in the international game of one upmanship.

Koji

China makes a lot if money from the US, but that doesn't deter it from challenging it. Money is not everything in the international game of one upmanship.
Chinese trade definetely eased relations considerably for its neighbors: Taiwan, SK, and Japan. Considering what it was like before.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Eased but not eliminated. Same with India. No one trusts China. But business will be done till it all goes bad.

With China even that's acceptable

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I find it as a statement made by most of the military officials to get more funding and more weapons for teir men. This musnt be taken that seriously. But I dont like it when our politicians and secretaries say the same.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles