China Military News & Updates

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
What does it means? They were not satisfied with that even Pakistanis are not satisfied with it (read the Chinese missiles, Russian engine and the radar and avionics is anything I missed :D ) that is why they are looking for replacements which I don't think they have found it. So the chances are bleak or some token orders as the export customers would not like to use the plane which is not used by the country which designed it.
Nitesh most of the Avionics used in JF are derived from J 10. How can they be unsatisfied with it? The Chinese want to narrow their inventory that is why they are sticking to J 11 and J 10. With the massive retirement of older aircraft the JF will replace a few squadrons of J7 IMHO.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Nitesh most of the Avionics used in JF are derived from J 10. How can they be unsatisfied with it? The Chinese want to narrow their inventory that is why they are sticking to J 11 and J 10. With the massive retirement of older aircraft the JF will replace a few squadrons of J7 IMHO.
Satish just search the news and you will come to know. Regarding your point of some orders yes there is a possibility.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Nitesh,
yes I have read that news. But China might still be interested in developing it further. but still the aircraft suffers from a small nose. Any larger radar might not be possible. And China dosent have access to any other engine technology other than the Russians.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
The CCP has ordered 150 JF17 (FC1 in China) for the PLAAF, so that te unit cost for Pakistan is reduced, but the PLAAF doesnt want it. CCP is doing this because they are buying the PAF's loyalty with this.

badguy2000

Respected Member
The CCP has ordered 150 JF17 (FC1 in China) for the PLAAF, so that te unit cost for Pakistan is reduced, but the PLAAF doesnt want it. CCP is doing this because they are buying the PAF's loyalty with this.
PLS is not keen on JF17 at all.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
We know that badguy. But most country order a decent number before export.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
USA did not manufacture special birds. They modified it. The only thing US manufactured for export was the F 20 Tigershark. but it flopped in the export market as it wasnt Inducted into operations of USAF.

ZOOM

Founding Member
IAF Chief concern about China's growing Military might is truly sincere, since most of the people in this India has been given a dose of Pakistan as a arch rival and never showcased China's as a real predator which will going to create numerous uneasiness for India on its border with Tibet. China is a authoratrian ruler and fast catching up to take on someone like US and its European partners, under such cirumstances India will be a peanuts as far as its Military ambition is concerned. Its Growing Economy is an added boon for their much needed Military expansion and modernisation, at the same time they are known for die hard devotee to homegrown military tank in major segments like MBT's, Fighter Jet, Missiles and Submarines in large numbers. At the same time, it has taking very little from entire chinese economy to run its massive military.

It has done professionally well to engage India with its sorrounding nations woes by effectively crashing Democratic value and tradition by giving rulers of Pakistan, Bangladesh, Burma and Sri Lakna a massive billion doller aid and Military. India has to first deal with China's growing presence in its sorrounding territories in the form of hidden Military bases rather then directly facing china head on.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
China will be pitching for an air-base in Sri Lanka. Or a naval base. But the Indians have woken up to the situation and we have started to establish relations with Lanka. We need to choke China from Mallaca straits.

Koji

China will be pitching for an air-base in Sri Lanka. Or a naval base. But the Indians have woken up to the situation and we have started to establish relations with Lanka. We need to choke China from Mallaca straits.
Much of it is too late. Most of those countries like already China better than India.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Much of it is too late. Most of those countries like already China better than India.
well, how on hell did India drive all its neighbours to the side of China?
From Pakistan to Burma ,almost all India's neighbours prefer China to India.

how terriblely India's diplomats do their job!

NikSha

Somehow I doubt it. All India needs to do is dangle few extra dollars and freebie projects and they will start liking India better.

If all else fails, start interfering through local politicians (easier to buy).

Country flag
it is not a question of liking but every country looking out for their own interests much like N.korea and China relations, but money can buy and sell these two bit nations and china and India know this well.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
China is still thinking of bringing Indian neighbourhood to fight us. That is not happening anytime soon. But we can still build up our diplomatic relations with Bangladesh and Sri Lanka now. Nepal relations will also be back on track. All our neighbours right now have a India friendly government. And their army is also pro India. All we need to do is continue with the good work.

badguy2000

Respected Member
it is not a question of liking but every country looking out for their own interests much like N.korea and China relations, but money can buy and sell these two bit nations and china and India know this well.

China just wants peaceful sealane to expand its economy sphere.

what China does now is just what UK and USA did ...keep sealane peace..expand more trade ,expell pirates..dig mine, buy raw resource and .dump industry products....

of course, different from UK's "gunboat" ,CHina use checknote to protect its trade interest.

maybe someday, CHina may find that gunboat is cheaper than chectnote.,but obviously at least today, China dislike gunboat.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
China just wants peaceful sealane to expand its economy sphere.

what China does now is just what UK and USA did ...keep sealane peace..expand more trade ,expell pirates..dig mine, buy raw resource and .dump industry products....

of course, different from UK's "gunboat" ,CHina use checknote to protect its trade interest.

maybe someday, CHina may find that gunboat is cheaper than chectnote.,but obviously at least today, China dislike gunboat.
Then why dont you explain the Chinese Invasion of Paracel and Spartly islands. This does not include "expansion of economic influence". It is more of a hegemonic interference to protect own intersts. Dig or mine is no problem. Why exploit? Gunboat diplomacy is from the start a symbol of friendship, enemity and truce. You dont have the Ships to do it that is why you are not doing it. And we are veering away from the topic. We rather get back to it.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Why India is not a threat

On a recent lecture tour of the Far East I was repeatedly asked a fascinating question: Why does the rise of India not threaten the world in the same way as China does? We in India don't realize the depth of fear that China inspires in the East.

My first reaction was that India is a democracy and democracies are supposed to be more peaceful. I was quickly reminded that democracies have been known to invade places like Iraq.

True, but democracies tend to have more voices and more checks and balances. India's democracy, in particular, is a coalition of twenty parties. It cannot govern itself —how could it possibly threaten anyone? India's inability to take advantage of a historic opportunity to climb to world power status through the Indo-US nuclear deal shows this. My audiences found it inexplicable that Indians could quibble over a treaty that is so obviously in India's self-interest. Someone wondered if we had a self-destructive streak. The consensus was that had China been a multi-party democracy, and had it been presented with the same opportunity, it would grabbed and run with it.

Asian security analysts, I was surprised to note, had deep respect for India's military capabilities. They seemed to know all about our navy's aircraft-carrier force, our air force's latest Sukhois and MiGs, and our army's professionalism (although they felt that we had been badly let down by DRDO). They believed that India's military did not threaten Asia because of the turmoil in our neighbourhood. Terrorist threats from Pakistan, an unending civil war in Sri Lanka, Maoists in Nepal and Bangladesh's chronic instability — these were huge distractions which prevented India from thinking strategically about its role in the world.

East Asians who had visited India felt that we still needed to get our act together. Although India's economy was growing brilliantly and Indian companies had become world beaters, they found our physical and social infrastructure "depressing".
What is the point of having a world class airport in Bangalore if it isn't well connected to the city? What is the point of having a million government primary schools if half the students can't read a single sentence? One speaker asked why Indians are still wedded to democracy when it has failed to deliver the most basic public services.

Nevertheless, I came away with a feeling that East Asians are cheering us and believe that history's momentum is on our side. They have their own reasons, of course — they fear China and desperately want a countervailing power. They don't trust Japan — the wounds of the Second World War have not yet healed. They wish that the Indian state would show more determination, however, and shed its old self-perception of a victimized Third World nation. Some expressed the hope that India's rise would improve Asia's image as a whole. India's mind was closer to the West. Indians spoke good English and were more open. The West distrusted Han China profoundly because it was closed, and the Tibetan protests had not helped.

Buddhists in the audience seemed to cheer India's rise because the post-9/11 world needed our traditions of tolerance and non-violence. I was surprised to see how many remembered Mahatma Gandhi and Tagore. They even wanted me to feel embarrassed about our nuclear weapons. On my way home, I asked myself that if it is true that the Indian state is genuinely less aggressive, then that is in fact the right answer to the original question about why India's rise does not threaten the world. I, for one, do not want an intimidating India which seeks military greatness.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...India_is_not_a_threat/articleshow/3008501.cms

It is a fallcy to assume that any of her neighbors like China. I have read that the Burmese hate them.

Just the Junta may like the Chinese weapons and money, like the Sudanese government indulging in the Darfur genocide. China has proved it has no compunctions in helping genocidal tinpot dictators in her endless thirst for resources. Let's see where this policy takes her!

Koji

Not to deviate from the topic Vinod, but I would just like to point out that the distrust that many East Asians have towards China might have to do with the fact that we were all at one point vassals of various Chinese dynasties.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Not to deviate from the topic Vinod, but I would just like to point out that the distrust that many East Asians have towards China might have to do with the fact that we were all at one point vassals of various Chinese dynasties.
I doubt it is because of such. Have you ever wondered that CPC has a role to play, my friend from Bronx pretending to be from Japan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles