China imports losing ground in India

ice berg

Never in India. It was always looked upon with high regards.
I guess it depends on products and what market you are in.

Most of the made in Taiwan products are in fact made in China. I take you know that.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Excluding intra trade within the EU China is by far the world's largest exporter, there is reason for that: no where else on this planet you find infrastructure so cutting-edge, supply-chairns so complete and skilled labour so plentiful. China makes both high-end products as well as low end products. My 3000 $ carbon bike is made in China, so are bikes that sell for $100. Those that got exported to India are most likely the latter than the former. Still even in this price range chinese products easily outmuscle the local ones, because even though they are cheap, they are still better made.

cir

Capital goods rule。:rofl:

Crumbs such as pencils and light-bulbs should be left for those in need。

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Excluding intra trade within the EU China is by far the world's largest exporter, there is reason for that: no where else on this planet you find infrastructure so cutting-edge, supply-chairns so complete and skilled labour so plentiful. China makes both high-end products as well as low end products. My 3000 $ carbon bike is made in China, so are bikes that sell for $100. Those that got exported to India are most likely the latter than the former. Still even in this price range chinese products easily outmuscle the local ones, because even though they are cheap, they are still better made.
you dont make you ASSEMBLE products ... you are like in a whole a assembly Plant for Foreign Manufacturers who get assembled their products in PRC and Export it back ... :rofl:

ice berg

What about the power equipments that China is selling India then. What country did China assemble it for then?

Ignorance is a bliss.

badguy2000

Respected Member
What about the power equipments that China is selling India then. What country did China assemble it for then?

Ignorance is a bliss.
well, those guys have their stand over their head. Just as Chairman Mao said, one's stand decides his mentality.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag

Ignorance is a bliss.
well, those guys have their stand over their head. Just as Chairman Mao said, one's stand decides his mentality.
:rofl:

:ranger:
Few More :
Bhel equipment better than Chinese
Chinese power equipment inferior than BHEL: Praful Patel

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I guess it depends on products and what market you are in.

Most of the made in Taiwan products are in fact made in China. I take you know that.
In the last few years yes, but then iPhone is also made in China.

The company I import from makes critical items in Taiwan and then some non critical in China. Again what it makes in china is better than similar products offered by Chinese companies.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
"BHEL retains the edge over the Chinese of a five% better heat rate, PLF (Plant Load Factor) and lower auxiliary consumption. This is reflected in the trust that private IPPs (Independent Power Producers) have reposed in BHEL," global group Bank of America Merrill Lynch said in a recent report.

State-owned BHEL synchronised 9,442 MW of generating equipment last fiscal. This accounted for about 57% and 89% of total thermal and hydro capacity additions in the country
:ranger:

BHEL power equipment outguns Chinese rivals: Reports

I hope these links are not "CENSORED" in PRC .... :rofl:

Last edited:
Reactions: nrj

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Well it was bound to happen, no one likes low quality product for a long time, now Indian manufacturers starting to make those products at home, imports will go even low. People who earlier used to buy Chinese mobiles & other products for features and low price now don't want to buy a single piece of them:nono:

cir

This country's industrial output is going down the drain,yet no one gives a toss。

For a country that is India,which has a non-existent manufacturing sector on a per capita basis,such news is troubling and devastating。

Instead of contracting,IP should be growing at rates of at least 20% from India's tiny industrial base。

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Sigh, not among the brightest here, are you?

It is not me you need to convince with government lobby and bank report.

It is the decision makers who are buying those equipments from China.

Try not to feel butthurt because of that. :taunt:
:facepalm:

State-owned BHEL synchronised 9,442 MW of generating equipment last fiscal. This accounted for about 57% and 89% of total thermal and hydro capacity additions in the country

PS : Here in India we are free to choose what we buy, from whom buy, what we listen, what we see, etc., ..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ice berg

In the last few years yes, but then iPhone is also made in China.

The company I import from makes critical items in Taiwan and then some non critical in China. Again what it makes in china is better than similar products offered by Chinese companies.
Now we are getting somewhere. It comes down to quality control and what you are willing to pay for.
When you pay 10 yuan, you cant get items worth twice of that.

Quality costs. You get what you are paying for.
The problem dosnt lies in inability to produce high quality items.

Iamanidiot

Sigh, not among the brightest here, are you?

It is not me you need to convince with government lobby and bank report.

It is the decision makers who are buying those equipments from China.

Try not to feel butthurt because of that. :taunt:
Anil Ambani is buying Chinese equipment because they are giving him cheap credit.The Chinese are dumb enough to give credit to a bankrupt person.

ice berg

:facepalm:

PS : Here in India we are free to choose what we buy, from whom buy, what we listen, what we see, etc., ..... :rolleyes:
You do know the difference between thermal and hydro capacity and power equipment market in general, right?

:rofl: Try not to embarass your-self further.

China's exports to India reached $54.5 billion in the first 10 months in 2011, up 26 percent from a year earlier, and power equipment accounted for 25 percent of these exports, customs data showed.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/NEWS/tabid/99/ID/696939/Export-of-power-equipment-to-India-may-suffer-setback.aspx

ice berg

Anil Ambani is buying Chinese equipment because they are giving him cheap credit.The Chinese are dumb enough to give credit to a bankrupt person.
If you are dumb because bad loans, then every bank in every country is insane.
Logic is not your strong side, right?

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
You do know the difference between thermal and hydro capacity and power equipment market in general, right?

China's exports to India reached $54.5 billion in the first 10 months in 2011, up 26 percent from a year earlier, and power equipment accounted for 25 percent of these exports, customs data showed.

Export of power equipment to India may suffer setback
So what are you trying convey
India is a free market
every one is entitled to buy from whom ever they want to

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles